Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,099
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
5
Hits:
905

Forget The Past

Summary:

1989 Robert Englund Phantom
How I think the film should have ended.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

This story is based off the 1989 film starring Freddie Kruger...I mean Robert Englund. Not a lot of Phantom Phans liked it but I thought it was creative; they just needed a better scriptwriter and a Christine with acting ability. I wrote this picturing Robert Englund as Erik and Emmy Rossum as Christine because she is by far the best Christine of them all.
I did borrow some lyrics from the ALW film... yes I know Erik didn't sing in the 89 film.sue me!
This is an alternate ending to the film.

 

Disclaimer: I think I am going to tattoo "I don't own the Phantom" to my forehead

CHRISTINE'S POV

"What do you choose, love or music?" Erik advanced on me. He gently pulled my face to his and after a brief struggle I let him kiss me softly on the lips.

When he pulled back I looked into his eyes. I realized that I had never done that before, taken the time to really look at him. In his eyes I saw all the pain of the world, a deep loneliness, and sadness, love...rejection? My heart ached... I had put that look there. I was no better than him, in fact I was worse. I ran after glitz and glamour and a life full of emptiness, when I could have had it all. Love, music, a man who would and had killed for me. Richard never would have done that. I made a choice right than and there to right the wrongs of the past.

I ran my hands gently over the newly replaced flesh of his face; he closed his eyes giving into the gentle caress. I kissed him again softly but passionately.

This time I was the one who pulled away. "Why can't I have both?" I smiled.

He gasped "Christine...I...what...your serious?"

I wrapped my arms around his neck "I've been running from love for far to long Erik."

His face still held a look of disbelief "You'll stay with me...forever?"

"Forever Erik, I'm yours." I again kissed him softly "For as ever long as that may be."

Erik softly began to sing, "Say you'll share with me one love, one lifetime. Say the word and I will follow you. Share with me each day each morning, anywhere you go let me go too, love me that's all I ask of you."

"Erik you don't have to ask me to love you I already do...that was beautiful." I had tears running down my face.

"I wrote it for you...back than. Everything I write is for you Christine." As he said this Erik's face contorted in pain and he fell to the floor clutching his face.

"Erik!" I screamed and ran to his side. "Baby what's wrong?" I panicked I just realized my love for this man I couldn't lose him now that I'd found him.

The face of false flesh peeled back and fell to the floor revealing the same perfect image that it had just masqueraded as. Erik relaxed a moment than just as I thought he was okay he gripped his right hand. A ring of fire encircled his ring finger. Once the fire vanished I noticed that the ring, a symbol of Erik's pact with the devil had gone. As Erik lay on the floor exhausted from the pain, it hit me.

"Erik" I hugged his shaking form to my breasts "Your free...the curse is broken."

Mustering all his strength Erik looked up at me and kissed my lips. "I love you Christine...marry me?"

I started crying again, that seemed to be happening a lot lately "I love you too Erik of course I'll marry you."

I helped him up off the ground and put him to bed. I lay with him that night, realizing my life would never be the same and I was happy with it. I had the love of a wonderful man, a man I was to marry, yep I was happy.

5 YEARS LATER

"Erik!" I yelled through are home in the New York countryside. "Do you have Jason?"

"No love, haven't seen him." yep he had him. I balanced mine and Erik's 8-month-old daughter Lilly on my hip and walked from the kitchen to the music room. Sure enough there sitting on his fathers lap was Jason, our 3-year-old son.

"Haven't seen him huh?" I raised an eyebrow

Erik looked at the small boy with black hair and green eyes that was on his lap with a look of mock surprise. "How'd you get here?" he asked; Jason's reply was just to giggle.

I shook my head "Jason go get washed up for dinner." I told the small child.

"K Mama" He said and climbed from Erik's lap and ran out of the room, no doubt to create a water park in the hall bathroom.

I made my way over to the organ where Erik was sitting working on the finishing touches of a new musical that was to be based...loosely off our life.

Erik softly kissed my lips as he took Lilly from my arms cradling her like she was the most precious gift from God. He treated both our children with the up most love and tenderness. He was simply amazing, I frowned thinking of what I had done to him in the past. I had once thought life with this man would be nothing but blood and murder, when in reality it was a life of love, music, laughter, and family, a family he was very eager to expand.

He nuzzled my neck "Your dwelling on the past again love" Did I mention he always knew what I was thinking?

I smiled slightly "Can't help it, when I think of all the time we missed because of my stupid fears I just want to Punjab lasso myself."

"Forget it, it's in the past. I love you" He kissed me a kiss that promised more once the children where down for the night. Lilly picked that moment to let herself be heard.

"I think it's time to feed the kids." Erik laughed.

"Yeah I believe it is" I stood and Erik did the same. As he was walking out of the music room with Lilly I caught his arm.

He looked at me questioningly. I kissed him again "I love you too."

 

THE END

Pure fluff. Hope you liked it, not many people like Robert Englund as the Phantom...except my boyfriend who thought the whole skinning people thing was cool. Please review!

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author PortCharlesPrincess.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.