Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,073
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,194

Learn To Be Lonely

Summary:

J.C. Chasez fic. A short one shot. J.C. sits and ponders a life gone wrong until the love of his life shows him that life can't be lived alone.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Disclaimer: Do we really need to do this? I don't know J.C. Chasez and this story never happened...there I said it! P.S. I also don't own the lyrics!

 

J.C. sat alone in the dark studios of Jive Records. He didn't really know what he was doing there. In deep despair he had left his house, jumped in his car, and somehow found his way to the dark and desolate studio that he now sat in. He felt like nothing in his life was going right. His life once full of fun, laughter, and success seemed to have diminished. Nsync was no more. Justin had seen to that with the release of his solo album Justified. He barely saw the five men who were once his best friends. Justin was sitting pretty on top of the world, with the perfect career, the perfect girlfriend, the perfect life. Joey had turned from wild child into Broadway star and family man. Chris was seeing to his many business ventures. And Lance was off somewhere being Lance.
His solo career was a bust. But that didn't come as any surprise to him. J.C. was sick of the pop scene. Lately he had taken to working on a musical based off of his favorite novel by Gaston Leroux. The Phantom Of The Opera. For him the story of a lonely musical genius, hiding behind a mask seemed to fit with his world, all accept the physical deformity.
And as for his love life. It was a disaster. He had fallen in love with a young star named Thea Granger. He had produced her debut album the previous year. After the release of her first single "Love Takes Work" her album had gone triple platinum and he rarely saw the young 22-year-old starlet that had stolen his heart. But he could not get her out of his mind. Long strawberry curls, emerald green eyes, bountiful curves, and an angelic voice were always there dancing in his mind. He had tried to fill the void with other relationships his last one being with Eva Longoria. But it wasn't right. He couldn't be with any other women because he simply could not love them in the way they wanted him too.

J.C. stood and made his way over to the baby grand piano that sat in the corner of the studio and began to play one of the songs he had written for his musical. But as he sang you could tell this was no song about a phantom, but a song about a man simply needing love and warmth. It was J.C.'s theme song.

J.C.'s voice rang through the small studio soft and clear:

Child of the wilderness
Born into emptiness
Learn to be lonely
Learn to find your way in darkness

Who will be there for you,
Comfort and care for you?
Learn to be lonely
Learn to be your one companion

Ever dreamed out in the world
There are arms to hold you?

You've always known
Your heart was on its own

So laugh in your loneliness
Child of the wilderness

Learn to be lonely
Learn how to love life that is lived alone

Learn to be lonely
Life can be lived
Life can be loved
Alone.

"No it can't" A soft feminine voice said from the doorway to the studio.
J.C. looked at the speaker "What are you doing here?" he asked in awe. She was supposed to be on tour in Europe what was she doing in Orlando?
The women ignored his question "Life can't be lived alone." She said going to sit next to him on the piano.
J.C. sighed "What are you doing here Thea?" he repeated
Thea softly smiled and ran her hand up and down his back "I heard someone I loved needed me."
J.C. rolled his eyes trying to hide the pain he felt at her words of love for someone else. "Than what are you doing here?"
Thea laughed "Honestly Josh I swear if you were any slower you would be going backwards."
J.C. raised an eyebrow "What are you talking about?"
"Lance called me. He said you have been acting depressed and withdrawn. He found a copy of your musical at your place about a week ago." Thea looked him the eyes "He said that while he was reading through it something caught his eye."
"What?"
"Half the time you see the name Christine another name has been scribbled out." Thea saw the recognition in his eyes. She sighed, "Why didn't you tell me?"
"I couldn't Thea. You are on top of the world and I've fallen from grace when it comes to my career. I didn't want you to get any negative publicity for being with me. That and you are a lot younger than me. And I knew you would never feel the same way." J.C. looked at his lap.
"You idiot!" Thea yelled suddenly.
"What?!" J.C. was alarmed at her sudden change in demeanor.
"I have been in love with you sense before I met you! I was a huge Nsync fan! I bought your solo album when not many others did. When I met you and got to work with you my feelings only grew stronger. Now I find out that you love me as much as I love you but you didn't tell me because your worried about a tiny age difference and the public! I could hit you right now!" She was still yelling.
J.C.'s eyes bugged out "You love me too?"
A tear ran from Thea's eyes. "Yes more than anything in this world I love you."
J.C. pulled her to him and kissed her softly. When he pulled back he leant his forehead against hers. "You don't care that I am a 30 year old has been?"
Thea laughed "Nope. I get the feeling that once this musical of yours hits the stage it'll be the biggest Broadway hit in history...just stop using my name"
J.C. laughed and kissed her again "Deal"
Thea leaned into him "I love you Josh"
J.C. held her close "I love you too baby and I'm sorry."
"You're forgiven" And she kissed him again.

THE END
I hope that didn't suck. And yes I have an unhealthy addiction to The Phantom Of The Opera.

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author PortCharlesPrincess.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.