Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,242
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
6
Hits:
1,282

Spectre In The Night

Summary:

Series: Andromeda
Rating: PG-13
Pairing: Harper/Trance
Archive: Andromeda Ascendant Fan Fiction (my Site), others please ask if interested.
Summary: One of Dylan's crew is found to be an assassin, and it isn't Tyr. Who is it and how will this revelation affect the rest of the crew? Trance is still purple.
Disclaimer: The characters portrayed her belong to Tribune Entertainment and not me. I am gaining nothing from this story but satisfaction.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Spectre In The Night
by Ronin

Spectre - (Alt. Specter)
1. A ghostly apparition; a phantom.
2. A haunting or disturbing image or prospect.

 

==^== 5 years before the freeing of the Andromeda Ascendant. ==^==

The Nietzschean General fell to the ground, a blank look in his eyes, a bullet in his head, his assassin nowhere to be seen.

The other high ranking Nietzschean's scattered into the panicky crowd, trying to hide, trying not to be targets themselves, only a few didn't make it. They too fell to the unseen sniper, bullets lodged deeply in their heads. The crowd was scattering, trying not to be shot as well.

The assassinations had taken place during a `parade' to show off the power of the Drago-Kavoz and to keep the kludges cowering in fear.

Moments after the assassinations, a small paper card floated down and landed at the feet of one of the surviving generals. Picking up the card, he started shaking in terror at the image printed on the card's face. Printed on the face of the card was the image of a wraith, this was the work of the Spectre.

==^==

One year after the Andromeda Ascendant was pulled from the blackhole.

"Come on Harper. We're gonna be late for Dylan's party." Trance said as Harper came out of his bathroom in a sports coat over one of his Hawaiian shirts and a pair of his work pants.

"Harper, um you look good." She lied, trying not to giggle.

"ha, ha, Trance, go ahead and laugh, but I know I look good." He replied.

She was wearing a deep purple sleeveless dress with spaghetti straps which set off her purple skin and made it glow. Her hair was up in a small bun, a few purple tendrils escaped the bun and were framing her face. Harper thought she never looked more beautiful.

"Trance, you look beautiful. I can't remember the last time you looked this beautiful. Oh wait, yes I can, the last time I saw you." He told her, the compliment making her blush.

"Thank you." She replied. "Now we need to go or we'll be late, Dylan won't be happy."

"Dylan, Dylan,. Dylan. Trance, I don't want to think about Dylan until we get to the party. I just want to think about my beautiful date and the fabulous night ahead." He told her. She just giggled and hugged him.

At the party for Dylan, everyone was gathered around a large punch bowl, the only ones absent were Harper, Trance, and Dylan.

As Harper and Trance entered the observation deck, Beka ran over and explained the plan.

"Ok guys, you look great even you Harper." She joked, he just smirked. "We're gonna hide and jump out when Dylan arrives. Don't mess this up, he hasn't had a birthday in over 300 years." Harper rolled his eyes, Trance smiled. "Good, Rommie, where's Dylan?" Beka asked the avatar.

"He is on his way here, everyone hide, I'm lowering the lights."

As everyone hid, Rommie lowered the lights till they were almost off. At that point Dylan decided to join the party.

"Rommie? Are you here? I can't find anyone." Dylan said as he walked through the doors.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Everyone yelled as the lights came up. Dylan was needless to say, speechless.

"I .. I don't know what to say." He managed to stammer out. "I had no idea, you even got Harper to clean up! Is that one of my presents?" He asked as everyone, even Harper and Tyr started laughing.

"Ha, ha, very funny Boss. No your gifts are over there on the table. I dressed up for you yes, but it is not your gift. This is." Harper said as he pushed a button on a remote.

His pressing of the button set off a chain reaction leading to the revelation of the gift Harper mentioned.

Dylan was speechless was he gazed at the gift.

"Mr. Harper, I am shocked and speechless. How did you get this?" he asked as he circled the gift.

"I made it. I picked up the pieces at various drifts and cobbled it together for ya." Harper proudly told him.

The gift was a working miniature replica of the Andromeda Ascendant, with almost all the working parts, well no slipstream. All in all it was the size of three basketballs piled in a pyramid.

"Yeah, I made it to spec, the battle blades, the bridge, the launch tubes. Everything, except slipstream, but it does has thrusters. Also it can be controlled by Rommie."

This was proven as the model started flying around the room.

"Mr. Harper, you continue to amaze me. Is this from you?" Dylan asked.

"Actually it's from all of us. We thought you could put it next to your basket ball."

The gift giving continued with a flowering plant from Trance, an ornamental knife from Tyr, a meditation alter from Rev Bem, and from Beka Dylan received a box of new basketballs. Rommie's gift was something a little more practical, a holographic image of his home and family on Tarn Vedra.

When the gifts were all given, it was time for cake. The cake was brought out and was found to be a marbled cake with both vanilla and chocolate.

Dylan looked around as everyone gathered by the table, he couldn't find the knife to cut the cake.

"Need a knife boss?" Harper asked as he produced a knife from thin air, the act surprising those around him.

"Thank you Mr. Harper." Dylan said as he took the knife and cut the cake. Placing the first piece on a plate he then proceeded to cut one for each person present, even Rommie.

As the party was winding down everyone congratulated Dylan.

When she left Beka gave Dylan a kiss on the cheek, as did Rommie who was needed for bridge duty. Tyr just nodded as he left and Rev gave him a pat on the back.

"Who's gonna clean this up?" Dylan asked to no one, not knowing that Trance and Harper were still there.

"We'll clean it up Dylan. You just to bed, we'll see you in the morning. Good night Dylan." Trance told him as she moved to clean it up.

"good night Trance, Harper are you going to bed now?" Dylan asked his engineer.

"Nah, I'm gonna help Trance clean up. See you in the morning Boss." Harper replied.

"Ok, goodnight you two." Dylan said a she left for his quarters.

After he left Harper turned to Trance and taking her in his arms gave her a big hug.

"You were wonderful Trance. I really do think Dylan enjoyed himself." Harper said as he set her back on the ground.

"Yeah I think he did. Thanks for helping me Harper." She told him, moving to clear the rest of the plates.

"Hey, no problem Trance babe. I just wanna walk you back to your quarters that's all." He told her with a grin.

She smiled at him as they walked to the door.

At Trance's quarters Harper turned to her.

"Trance, I enjoyed having you as my date tonight. I'll see you tomorrow babe."

He kissed her gently on the cheek, whispering in her ear "good night." Turning and walking down the corridor whistling a happy tune, Harper was unaware of the silent "good night Harper," from Trance as she gently touched the place where he had kissed her goodnight.

 

end part 1

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Ronin.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.