Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2006-12-16
Words:
29,006
Chapters:
16/16
Comments:
16
Kudos:
41
Bookmarks:
17
Hits:
17,384

Harry's New Family

Summary:

The Sentinel and Guide adopt Harry Potter.

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text

Author: sweetkitty
E-mail: sweet73kitty@yahoo.com
Web Site: http://nryabenko73.googlepages.com/home
Date: 6/16/06
Rating: MA
Category: AU/ crossover The Sentinel/ Harry Potter
Disclaimer: JK Rawling owns Harry Potter. Pet Fly Production owns The Sentinel. I don't any of the characters.
I want to thank my beta reader: Corona_nova
Notes: 1) Blair is a full-fledged Shaman 2) Harry will learn Shamanistic and Wizarding magic and 3) Lily and James are able to communicate with Harry in the spirit world.

Surrey, England
Number Four Private Drive
November 9, 1991 = Saturday
1:00 p.m.

It has been two weeks since two-year-old Harry Potter was left on the doorstep of his aunt Petunia Evans-Dursley and her husband Vernon Dursley. In those two weeks, Vernon and Petunia would blame Harry for everything unusual that happed in their house.
One day, "I can't take it any more, I want that little freak out of this house. NOW." Said Vernon, with anger in his voice.
"I understand dear, but you read the note." Petunia said, in a comforting voice.
"Then we have to give him to relatives." Says Vernon.
"However, we can't give him to Marge, she wont take him. Therefore, we have to find someone from your side."
"Dear, you know there isn't anyone." Said Petunia.
"What about distant relatives?" Asked Vernon.
That was when Petunia remembered her grandmother talking about a sister, who married a man named Ellis or Ellison and then moving to the States. Petunia also remembered her grandmother having a big black book that she would take out on special occasions and calling her sister. So without saying a word, Petunia goes upstairs to their bedroom. Inside, Petunia walks toward one of the burrows and began to look through it. A minute later, she gets up holding the thick black book, while looking through the pages.
"I think I've found something." Petunia said, a minute later.
"Why don't you call them?" Vernon said, in an excited voice.
"Dear, they're five hours behind us." Petunia said, in a soothing voice.
"I don't care, I want that freak out of here." Vernon said, in an angry voice.
"Very well. Hopefully they are up." Petunia said, as she picked up the phone.
A minute later the phone was answered by a female voice, "Ellison residence, how may I help you?"
"I would like to speak with Mr. or Mrs. Ellison." Said Petunia.
"May I ask who's calling?" Asked a female.
"My name is Petunia Evan-Dursley and I am distant relative." Answered Petunia.
A minute later a rich, deep voice came on the line, "This is William Ellison, how may I help you Mrs. Evans-Dursley?" Asked Mr. Ellison.
"It's Mrs. Dursley. I don't know if you remember sir, but your mother and my grandmother were sisters. My grandmothers name was Daisy Heartfield and your mother's name was Violet." Answered Petunia, in a snooty voice.
"Yes, I remember. How may I help you?" Asked Mr. Ellison.
"Well you see my sister and her husband have passed away, and left their son. Since they couldn't find anyone, they left the boy with my family and I." Explained Petunia.
"I'm sorry for your loss, but what does that have to do with me?" Inquired Mr. Ellison.
"You have to understand, my sister and I never got along even as children. It got even worse when we married and started a family." Explained Petunia.
"Again, what does that have to do with me?" Mr. Ellison asked again, but this time in an exasperated voice.
"My husband and I never expected to be left with my sister's son, and we promised ourselves that we would never associate with them. So you have to understand that we were very shocked when the boy was left with us." Answered Petunia.
"So, what do you expect from me?" Asked Mr. Ellison. (He was becoming very annoyed with the woman.)
"We would like for you to adopt the boy. If you don't take him, we will give him up for adoption anyway." Answered Petunia.
"Mrs. Dursley, you must look at this from my point of view, you are asking a total stranger to adopt your nephew." Said William.
"I understand how this looks, but we can't keep him.
Looking at him reminds us of my sister and her husband, which bring back bad feelings." Said Petunia, in a quiet voice.
"Very well, let me speak with my family and I will call you back. Let me have your number." Mr. Ellison said, before hanging up.
"Well how did it go?" Asked Vernon.
"He said he'd call back. He has to talk to his family." Petunia answered, after hanging up.

Cascade, Washington
William Ellison's house
11:00 a.m.

After hanging up the phone with Petunia Dursley, William dialed first his oldest son James.
"Ellison residence, how may I help you?" Asked a male voice.
"Blair, is Jim home?" Asked William.
"One moment William." Said Blair.
A minute later, "What's wrong dad?" Asked Jim.
"Don't worry nothing's wrong. I would just like for you and Blair come over." Said William.
"What is this about dad?" Jim asked in a worried voice.
"I will tell you, Blair and your brother when you all come over."
"Ok, we'll be there in thirty minutes." Jim said, before hanging up.
After hanging up, William called his younger son Steven and also asked him to come over.
Ellison-Sandburg Loft
After hanging up with his father, "Dad wants us to come over."
"Why?" Asked Blair, getting dressed
"Dad says he has to tell us something." Jim said, as he got dressed.

Ellison house
11:30 a.m.

Thirty minutes later both William's son's arrived, "What's wrong dad?" Jim Ellison asked, as he walked into the house.
"I received a call from a distant relative, who wants to give her nephew up for adoption." Answered William.
"How distant is this relative?" Asked Steven.
"My mother and her grandmother were sisters. I believe mother married and moved to the States, but kept in touch with her sister." Explained William.
"Have you kept in touch with them?" Asked Steven.
"Very rarely and only on special occasions. However, we lost contact around the early eighties." Answered William.
"So, why did they call you after so long a time?" Inquired Jim.
"They would like me adopt their nephew." Answered William.
"Dad, you're 65 years old. You can't raise a child." Said Steven.
"I wasn't thinking about myself. I was thinking about one of you." Said William.
"WHAT!!!" All three men yelled.
"I was thinking..."
William didn't finish his sentence, "We heard you dad." Said Jim. "Why would one of us what to adopt a baby?"
"Because from what I understand. If we don't take the baby, they will give him up for adoption anyhow." Answered William.
"Ok, you made your point. So, who is going to adopt the baby?" Asked Jim.
"I think you two should." Said William.
"Why us?" Blair asked, in a surprised voice.
"Because you're a couple, and they usually like to give a baby to a couple." Answered William.
"That makes senses. When should we go to England and get the baby?"
"I'll call Petunia right now and find out a good time." William said, as he picked up the phone and dialed the number.
"Dursley residence, how may I help you?" Answered Petunia.
"Petunia, this is William Ellison. I have spoken with my family and my oldest son and his partner will adopt the baby. I just have a few questions."
"Of course Mr. Ellison. What would you like to know?" Petunia asked, in an excited voice.
"Well, the babies name, date of birth and anything you can think of."
"His name is Harry James Potter, he's two years old and was born July 31, 1989." Answered Petunia. "When will your son come?"
"I believe next week. They have to get time of work and get the proper *paper work* before they *could* leave."
"Very well, we will expect them next week. Have a good day." Petunia said, before hanging up

Surrey, England
Number Four Private Drive
2:00 p.m.

Turning toward Vernon, Petunia gave him a smile, "They will be here next week to take the freak off our hands."
"Wooohooo, we'll finally get ride of him." Vernon said, with a smile.
"I believe we should get him a passport and his shots before they come." Petunia said, a second later.
"I believe you're right." Agreed Vernon.
"When should we do this?"
"The day after tomorrow." Answered Vernon.

Cascade, Washington
William Ellison's house
12:00 p.m.

After hanging up the phone, "Well his name is Harry James Potter, he's around two-years old and his birth date is July 31, 1989."
After thinking about it Blair decided, "That sounds like a good name. *Well* just change or add to the last name and tell him everything when he's older."
"I think you should start the adoption procedure from here, and when you get there it will be less stressful." Said Steven.
"Dad can you take care of everything?" Asked Jim.
"Of course, Jimmy." Williams said, with a smile.
"We should be leaving Jim, we have work tomorrow." Blair said, a minute later.

Jim's Truck

As Jim and Blair were leaving, "I'll talk to Simon about getting a week off." Said Jim.
"What do you think about adopting this baby?" Blair asked, as they were getting into the truck.
"I'm excited and scared at the same time." Jim answered, with a smile.
"Don't worry we'll get through it." Blair said, also smiling.
"We will. Now I just have to talk to Simon, and get the time off."
"I'll help."
As Jim and Blair were driving to work, Jim's cell phone range, "Ellison."
"Ellison, where the hell are you?"
"Simon, we were at my fathers." Answered Jim.
"Is everything alright?" Simon asked, in a concerned voice.
"We'll tell you when we get into the precinct."
"Alright, I'll see you when you get in." Simon said, before hanging up.
"What should we tell Simon?" Blair asked, as they drove to the station.
"The truth. He's always supported us." Said Jim.
"You're right. We'll promise to make him an uncle." Blair said, with a smile.