Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2006-08-03
Words:
1,697
Chapters:
5/5
Kudos:
17
Hits:
3,030

Fever Dreams

Summary:

Rating: G
Summary: Somehow, Zhaan made it back to Delvia -- Or has she?
Spoilers: None
Feedback: PLEASE! How am I gonna know if what I write is any good if I don't get any?
Disclaimer: The characters in this story are not mine. With the exception of the humans I'm gonna add in. I mean no copyright infringement, I just wanted to write this story to get it out of my head. The characters (you know which ones they are) belong to the SciFI Channel, Jim Henson Productions, Nine Networks, and Hallmark Entertainment. They will be returned when I'm done with them, ready for their next adventure. Even though the characters don't belong to me, the story does. © Rehanna, 1999
Submitted through the AerynsFarscape mailing list.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Part 1

Chapter Text

Fever Dreams
by Rehanna

Zhaan woke slowly, not wanting the dream to end. She had been home on Delvia. Her father had been there, too.

She stretched and smiled and opened her eyes. "I'm still dreaming," she whispered.

Before Zhaan was not the wall of her cell as expected, but her room on Delvia. Everything was as she had left it when she was arrested.

"Sweet Goddess, how did I get here?" Zhaan breathed as she dressed. Not in her Priest's robes, but in the ones she wore aboard Moya.

She left her room quietly and walked to the temple. It was empty when Zhaan arrived. Normally there would be at least two or three Pa'us an arn of the day.

As Zhaan stood, she thought she heard something, but couldn't be sure. Saying a quick prayer, the Priest left.

The farther from the temple she got, the louder the sound became. Sounds, really, because it was more than one.

After a few minutes, Zhaan identified the sound. "It can't be!" She said, and started running.

Zhaan paid no attention to where she was going, knowing the way by heart. The Delvian came to the an adjoining corridor and turned. Then she stumbled over something.

Tears sprang to her eyes as she fell to the floor next to the body.

It couldn't be true. She knew the face, knew it as well as her own. She'd been searching for it for so long.

His robe was stained white from the wound in his side.

"Father . . . no. . ." she gasp, then broke down.

 

To be continued....