Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2006-08-29
Words:
4,571
Chapters:
4/4
Comments:
1
Kudos:
15
Hits:
1,720

Act Of War

Summary:

Larek needs to meet with the king bringing our hero's back home. Takes place after the events in both season three and the books.

Chapter 1: Meeting

Chapter Text

Act Of War
Part one

Disclaimer: I don't own Roswell or any of the characters. I have not made money off this story.

Larek ran his hand through hair nervously as he made his way to the transporter. It had been awhile since he had dared make the trip to earth. Kivar had spies and guards every where looking for some clue to the location of Zan.
Larek had to talk to him it was imperative that he talk to the king and soon. Antar was getting more and more hostile he doubted that the planet or her people could last that much longer.
He settled into the machine feeling the gentle hum beginning to flow into his body. And relaxed letting the machine transport his consciousness into the body of Brody Davis.
As he open his eyes he looked around the basement of the UFO centre, now on earth in Brody's body he had the challenge of facing his friend and hoped that Zan didn't kill him.
Bur first he was set with the task of locating and contacting Zan.
This, thought Larek, was the easy part as he made his way up to the surface and looked across the road to the crash Down Diner.

********

Jeff Parker carefully balanced the four mugs of coffee as he made his way to booth in the corner. As he walked his mind drifted slightly to his daughter as he recalled how she had never had difficulties carrying more than two items. The group of people looked up as he arrived and he placed the mugs down as he slide into the seat next to his wife.
" So Philip are you ready for fishing on Saturday."
The man across from him smiled.
" You couldn't keep me away. So you bring the food l'll bring the beer."
His wife smiled and shook her head.
" So are you going to bring any fish back this time or should I order pizza."
He smiled at her and took a sip of his coffee.
" I noticed your not answering the question Philip."
" I like to keep my options open."
" Such as getting drunk with the boys."
Jeff decided to keep out the friendly argument and looked around the diner. Movement outside caught his eye and he watched as Brody entered the diner.

********

Larek's senses where bombarded as he entered the diner, his eyes searching and stopping as they fell on to the Parkers and Evan's. He moved through the crowd and waitresses with ease and came to stop at the booth.
He glanced around and said in a low voice.
" I need to speak with Max" The parents looked up at him in amazement.
" What is this about?" Philip asked. Larek looked down at the man before him.
" Just tell him I need to see him."
" He's not here and we don't know where he is." Diane said force fully. No would be getting her to turn in her son.
" I know that, but you can get a message to him." It wasn't a question.
" I need to see him." With that Larek turned and moved away from the table. All of their eyes on him as he turned not two feet away.
" Tell him it's urgent." And with that he left. So that he could surrender Brody's body back to him and hopefully get back to Antar before someone noticed he was missing.

********

" Michael please would you just'.. sit." Isabel had been watching Michael pace and was becoming exasperated.
" Why would Brody want to talk." He said facing Max and ignoring Isabel's glare.
" My guess it's not Brody. Larek must want to see me.� Max said. He had already gone through the reason's. His parents had contacted them and Larek was apparently in need of a pep talk.
" Well are we going or not?" Michael said.
" We?" Max questioned.
" Oh you are not going alone Maxwell." The tone in his voice left no argument.
" Don't you have a film to shoot?"
" I'm done and you are not going alone in fact I think we all should go, be a nice little outing. Help protect Max duty."
" Protect me. In case you haven't noticed it's not me who gets mobbed every time they go out in public." Max said with a small smile playing on his lips.
" Were going Maxwell."
" All of us." Liz said as she slipped her arm through her husband's.
" It would be nice to see mom again." Maria said almost wistfully Isabel nodded in agreement.
" Well " Kyle said " When do we leave?"

********

Brody sat watching the computer screen. His head throbbed as he watched the computer program with tried eyes. He wanted sleep, needed sleep but he couldn't rest. Every time his eyes closed pictures flashed through his mind, they were to fast for him to make out, but behind them was an urgency he couldn't deny.
Brody glanced at his watch it was almost one o'clock in the afternoon and yet the UFO centre was almost pitch black. Perfect to fall asleep. His eyes closed and his head wavered slightly. Only for his eyes to snap open as the images returned, he groaned and lean forward. His head inches from the keyboard sprung up as he heard the voice behind.
" Are you alright Brody?" He turned round and saw Max Evan's stood in the door way. He saw the concern in the young man's face and smiled slightly.
" Tried" He said truthfully " I can't seem to sleep."
Brody leaned back into the chair and looked at his visitor.
" You've grown your hair." It wasn't a question, Brody's mind was way too tried for any real coherent though.
" Yes" Max started, he looked at Brody " I need to talk to Larek."
His voice was quiet and slightly regretful. He watched as Brody's body went lax into the chair his eyes opening once more to look at Max with new intensity.
" You wanted to see me." Max said shifting against the door frame.
" Yes, give me two hours." Larek's voice chilled Max, there was worry there and his old friend wouldn't meet his gaze.
" Two hours" Max said turning " I'll be in the Crash Down." Larek looked like he wanted to argue but he held back and nodded slightly.
" Crash Down." And Max watched once again as Brody's body went Lax. Max watched him for a few seconds realizing the human was finally asleep.
Max walked out of the office to find Michael and Isabel waiting.
" Well " Michael said.
" Crash Down two hour's."
" I can work that." Michael said simply and the three of them headed out.

********

Two hours later on Antar Larek fumbled with the papers he needed.
Had he done everything his mind began to check through the list of things he had done while on earth. This was Zan every thing had to be right, if he stood a chance of convincing his friend.
Here we go he moved back towards the transporter. He was ready. I hope.

********
Max sat in the booth waiting, Michael had been left to arrange the meeting. Which meant that the crash down was now looking like a maze protection wise. He had placed the Karl and Eve double act by the door. Then who ever entered would meet Jeff Parker, Diane Evans and Philip Evans. After this they would meet Jim Valenti and Jesse Ramirez this would lead them into the inner circle surrounding Max and Liz. With Maria and Isabel just in front of Max. Michael himself would be in the back room keeping a clear exit point.
Max shook his head it was well thought out but he doubted that they would need it.

tbc