Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
2,001
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
765

Destiny

Summary:

Max gets a sign he's been dreading ever since he met Liz. Max/Liz, Michael/Maria, Isabel/Jesse

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Max was sitting outside of the Crashdown looking up at the stars when he saw what he thought was a group of stars that spelled out the words 'it's time'. Max knew what it meant but didn't want to accept it. Liz walked out of the Crashdown and saw Max sitting on a bench in front of the window. "Hi Max." Liz said sitting down beside him.

Max smiled and replied, "Hey Liz."

"What's wrong?" Liz asked. She could tell he was worried about something.

Max looked at her, he wasn't sure how to tell Liz about what he had seen and what it meant. "Oh nothing." Max said finally.

"Are you sure? You know you can tell me anything." Liz said concerned about him.

Max took a deep breath. "Well just before you came out." Max trailed off.

"What Max? What happened?" Liz asked.

"Before you came out I saw a group of stars that spelled out the words it's time." Max said looking at Liz with a worried look on his face.

"Ok well what's that mean?" Liz asked.

"Well it means that its time for Isabel, Michael, and I to go back home." Max said.

"No. You can't go." Liz said as a tear rolled down her cheek.

"I don't want to but I have to, Liz." Max said wiping the tear from Liz's cheek.

"Well how long do we have before you have to go?" Liz asked.

"Until tomorrow night." Max answered.

"That's not long enough." Liz said as another tear rolled down her cheek.

"I know but there's nothing I can do." Max said as they embraced in a hug.

"It's not fair." Liz said still hugging Max. "Do the others know yet?" Liz asked.

"No. I still have to tell them." Max replied.

"Well we should go tell them now. It's the least we can do." Liz said.

"We. I need to tell them Liz. You don't have anything to do with this." Max said.

"Yes I do. They as much a part of me as you are." Liz said still crying. "Well ok but we better go now then." Max said.

"Ok." Liz said wiping the tears from her eyes.

Max stood up and took Liz's hand. They drove to Isabel's first. Max knocked on the door. Isabel got up from the couch and answered the door. "Oh Hi Max, Liz. What brings you two here?" Isabel asked opening the door wider so that they could enter.

"Is Jesse here? He should hear this too." Max asked as he and Liz walked into the house.

"Yeah Jesse's here. What's this about Max?" Isabel asked worriedly.

The three of them walked into the living room. "You should probably sit down for this." Max said.

Isabel sat down beside Jesse. "What's going on Isabel?" Jesse asked.

"I'm not sure but Max has something to tell us." Isabel answered.

Jesse turned off the television and looked at Max. "Ok so what's this all about Max?" Jesse asked.

"Well Isabel, Michael, and I have to go back home." Max said.

"And how do you know that?" Jesse asked wrapping an arm around Isabel.

"Well I saw a group of stars earlier tonight that spelled out the words it's time." Max replied.

"Is this true, Liz?" Jesse asked.

Liz nodded. "Yeah it's true Jesse." Liz said with a tear rolling down her cheek."Well how long before we have to leave?" Isabel asked.

"We have until tomorrow night." Max replied.

"This is just terrific. I just find out that you two are aliens now, I find out that you have to leave tomorrow." Jesse protested.

"I know it's not fair Jesse. I don't like it any better then you do." Liz said resting her head on Max's shoulder.

"Yeah well it doesn't make it any better." Jesse said.

"Does Michael know yet?" Isabel asked.

Max shook his head. "No, we were going there next." Max replied.

"Well I'm going with you." Isabel said.

"No you should stay here with Jesse. You two need as much time together as possible." Max said.

"He's right Isabel. We need to spend as much time together before you go." Jesse said.

"Yeah I guess your right." Isabel said reluctantly.

"Well you two should go. We'll be ok." Jesse said.

"Yeah we should get going." Max said.

Max and Liz walked out to the car. They drove to Michael's house. Max knocked on the door. "Michael, it's me." Max said.

Michael made his way to the door. "What do you want Max?" Michael said as he opened the door.

"We need to talk." Max said.

"Fine then come in." Michael said. Max and Liz walked in. "Ok so what's this all about?" Michael demanded.

"I'll make this quick since your just gonna be shitting about it." Max said not too happy.

"Good then you can both leave." Michael said.

"Well you, me, and Isabel have to leave tomorrow night." Max said.

"Leave? What do you mean leave?" Michael asked.

"Leave to got back to our home planet." Max said.

"Good, I was getting sick of this place anyways." Michael said.

"We shouldn't have even bothered Max. He doesn't care." Liz said.

"Damn right I don't care." Michael said.

"We came here because we thought you'd at least want to spend some time with Maria before you had to go." Liz said angrily.

"Now why would I want to do that?" Michael asked.

"Because I thought you loved her. Guess I was wrong." Liz said rolling her eyes.

"Damn right you're wrong. That girl talks way too much." Michael said

"God Michael could you be anymore of an ass." Max said angrily.

"Just go. Will you." Michael said.

"Fine but don't come crying to me when you start to miss Maria." Max said starting for the door.

"Oh I won't believe me." Michael said slamming the door behind them.

"Well that went well." Liz said sarcastically.

"Yeah. I swear Michael can be so stupid sometimes." Max said.

"Yeah well let's not think about him anymore, ok?" Liz said.

"Sounds good to me." Max replied. Max drove Liz home. Liz got out of the car.

"You wanna come up?" Liz asked smiling at Max.

"Ok." Max said taking the keys out of the ignition. They walked up to Liz's room. They sat on the bed staring into each other's eyes. Max leaned in and kissed Liz passionately.

They kissed for a while then Liz said, "This is our last night together. I want it to be special."

"Ok so how do you suggest we make it special?" Max asked.

"Well." Liz said trailing off. She had a huge smile on her face. "Well what?" Max asked. "Maybe this will help." Liz said. She got up off the bed, turned on some soft music and lit a few candles. She then came back and sat down on the bed beside Max.

"Oh that. Are you sure?" Max asked.

"Yes I'm sure." Liz answered.

"Ok but if you're not ready." Max said.

"I'm ready Max. I'm as ready as I'll ever be." Liz interrupted.

"Ok then." Max said. They kissed passionately. Liz started to unbutton Max's shirt. Max then started to unbutton Liz's top. They took the rest of they clothes off and made love. The next morning Max woke up with Liz lying beside him. Max just laid there and smiled at Liz. Liz woke up a few minutes later. "Well good morning." Max said smiling. Liz smiled back at Max.

"Good morning. How long have you been awake?" Liz asked.

"Not long." Max replied. Liz looked at the clock and it read 10 o'clock. "Shit. I'm late." Liz said. Liz hoped out of bed and threw some clothes on.

"Late for what?" Max asked.

"I was supposed to meet Mariatoday at 9." Liz said.

"Oh you are late then. Want me to come with you?" Max asked.

"Sure if you want." Liz said running a brush threw her hair.

"Ok then I'll come with you." Max said climbing out of bed. He threw his clothes on.

"Ok." Liz said. "I'll meet you downstairs." Liz added. She kissed Max then walked out the door.

Max ran a comb threw his hair and met Liz downstairs. They walked to the Crashdown together.

"About time you showed up." Maria said teasing Liz. All Liz could do smile.

"I'll be right back." Max said. He kissed Liz then headed for the bathroom.

"Your sure happy this morning." Maria said.

"Yeah well I have reason to be." Liz said with a huge grin on her face.

"Ok spill. What happened?" Maria asked.

Liz took a deep breath then said, "Well last night Max saw something in the sky that said he, Michael, and Isabel had to go back home. So we...we made love." Liz still had a big grin on her face.

"Whoa back up. Max is leaving. When's this happening?" Maria said.

"Tonight." Liz said.

"Ok well do the others know? You know Isabel and Michael." Maria asked.

"Yeah they know but..." Liz trailed off.

"But what?" Maria asked worriedly.

"Well maybe I shouldn't tell you." Liz said.

"Shouldn't tell me what? It's about Michael isn't it?" Maria asked. Liz just nodded. Maria sighed. "Well what did he do this time?" Maria asked.

Liz took a deep breath and replied, "Well he was just being an ass."

"Is that all? I know that." Maria said.

"Well actually he said he didn't love you anymore and that he was glad to be leaving." Liz said.

"I'm sorry Maria." Liz added.

"It's ok Liz. I'm used to it." Maria said.

"Well if you say so." Liz said.

That night, Maria, Michael, Liz, Max, Isabel, and Jesse were at the spot where Isabel, Michael, and Max were supposed to be to go back home. "Max I don't want you to go." Liz said.

"I know. I don't want to either." Max said. Max and Liz kissed.

"Will I ever see you again?" Liz asked.

"I don't know. I doubt it." Max replied. Liz started to cry.

"Just promise me that you won't forget me." Liz said.

"I could never forget about you even if I tried." Max said.

"I know what you said and I don't believe you Michael." Maria said.

"Don't believe what, Maria?" Michael asked.

"I don't believe that you don't love me anymore." Maria said.

"Well its true. I don't love you anymore. So get over it cause I'm never coming back." Michael said harshly.

"Do you think I'll ever see you again?" Jesse asked Isabel.

"I'm not sure. Maybe." Isabel said. Isabel and Jesse kissed. Just then a portal opened.

"This is it. I have to go now." Max said. Liz felt a tear roll down her cheek.

"I'll miss you." Liz said.

"I'll miss you too Liz. I'll try to find a way to come be but I can't promise anything." Max said kissing Liz.

"Ok." Liz said kissing him back before Max jumped throw the portal.

"I'm outta here." Michael said.

"Michael wait." Maria said. Before Michael could reply Maria grabbed him and kissed him.

"Now tell me that you don't love me." Maria said.

Michael sighed. "Yeah I do still love you but it doesn't change anything." Michael said.

"Maybe not but at least I know." Maria said. They kissed again then Michael jumped into the portal.

"Well I guess it's my turn." Isabel said.

"I'm gonna miss you Jesse." Isabel added.

"Me too Isabel." Jesse said. Isabel and Jesse kissed then Isabel jumped into the portal.

Once Isabel was gone the portal closed leaving Maria, Liz, and Jesse in the middle of the desert.

"Do you think we'll ever see them again?" Jesse asked.

"I don't know. Maybe." Liz said still in tears.

"Well I hope so." Jesse said.

"I guess we better get back. There's nothing else we can do now." Maria said.

"Maria's right." Liz said wiping the tears from her eyes.

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author americangrl69.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.