Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
440
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
5
Hits:
1,026

Score Draw

Summary:

Fandom: Doctor Who
Pairing: The Eighth Doctor and Fitz
Rating: I'd say PG for smut and innuendo
Status: Complete
Category: Hopefully humour.
Series: Nooooo.
Archival: All official lists are fine. Anyone else just ask, I'm just a girl who can't say no *g*
Warnings: Um...none I think.
Feedback: Feedback slut, here.
Chronology: Set just after "Unnatural History", by Blum and Orman.
Summary: He may not be as manipulative as McCoy, but 8Doc knows a few things about playing the game...
Disclaimer: "Doctor Who", TARDIS, Sam and Fitz all belong to BBC Worldwide. All other mistakes belong to me.
Credits: Thanks to Augustus and The Dancing Machine for the bunny.
Submitted through the 'YG deleted' DrWhoFic mailing list. Please join us at DrWhoFantasies or DrWho_SlashyFantasies

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Score Draw
by Harley Quinn

"Fitz?" asked the Doctor.

There was a muffled noise from under the console. The Doctor took it to mean, 'What is it //now//, Doctor?'

"That picture I found. The one Adric drew of Nyssa, Tegan and I, in binary. Do you think it would look good in here?"

Fitz poked his head up above the console; looked up at the Doctor. "You're thinking about a bloody picture?" he asked incredulously, cheeks slightly flushed.

The Doctor ran a hand through Fitz's longish hair. "It was drawn by Adric," he said patiently, as if this ought to explain everything.

"I don't care if it was drawn by bloody da Vinci!"

Fitz stood up, brushing the dust from the TARDIS's floor off his knees.

"Oh, come now, Fitz!" the Doctor smiled, attempting to calm his companion down.

"How can I? You haven't touched me yet!" Fitz snapped, somewhat crudely.

As always, the double entendre flew straight over the Doctor's head. He realised that his companion was having a not-so-subtle go at him, though. Widening his eyes, he put on that petulant pout that never failed to get Fitz's attention. He placed a hand on the younger man's arm, and smiled Fitz's scowl softened.

"You don't get me that easy," Fitz mumbled.

The Doctor leaned forward; kissed his companion. It wasn't the first time he'd been in this situation, and it wouldn't be the last. But the Time Lord hadn't got to where he was now without learning a few tricks about how to play the game. "Oh * I'm aware of that," he whispered in Fitz's ear all together too casually.

//Score one for the Doctor//, thought Fitz, not without a trace of bitterness. He got back to work, the Doctor above him, pushing buttons and pulling levers. The Time Lord made a noise, and Fitz recoiled.

"Doctor!" he exclaimed, part disgust, part surprise.

"What?" All innocence.

Fitz stood, wiping his lip. "You promised you'd warn me this time!" he said angrily.

The Doctor blushed, fiddled with the fasteners on his grey trousers. He shrugged, as if to say, 'Well, it's done now, what do you want me to do about it?'

Fitz scowled and made to leave the console room.

"Fitz!" The Doctor called. "Fitz, Fitz, Fitz, Fitz, Fitz, Fitz."

He stopped, but didn't turn. //One all, Kreiner//, he smirked to himself.

The Doctor clamped a hand on his companion's shoulder.

"What?" Fitz asked, turning, getting ready to accept the Doctor's apology.

The Doctor grinned cheekily. "Don't ever sleep with Samantha again."

//Damn//, Fitz berated himself as the Doctor went back to the console. //He won. Again.//

END

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Harley Quinn.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.