Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Words:
1,689
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,350

Brazen

Summary:

Someone finally works up the gumption to go for what she really wants: Clark.

Pairing: Clark/Other Female
Rating: FRT (Contains underage drinking.)
Categories/Warnings: AU; Hetero. with a Slash element; Mild Angst
Spoilers for: None

Disclaimer: I don't own the character of Clark Kent and will not be making any money off this story. Clark Kent is the property of DC Comics, Warner Brothers, and Millar/Gough. The character is the original creation of Joe Shuster and Jerry Siegel. I've written this tiny tale purely for entertainment purposes. Enjoy!
(Author's Note: Clark Kent is portrayed differently here than by actor Tom Welling. That is intended and I hope readers are able to fully enjoy this piece anyway. The name "Maia" in this text is pronounced "my-a" not "may-a." This story may be archived on any and all sites that are deemed appropriate for fics such as this one. Please just inform me first of where you are archiving it. I gladly welcome any positive, genuine feedback. No flames please. Thank you.)

Work Text:

********
The chilly night of late November did not penetrate the cozy lounge inside. There a small crowd of Met. U. students mingled and chattered over the din of rock music while holding cups of beer and spiked fruit punch.

The svelte, blonde freshman, Maia Sevren, entered the party alone. She'd feigned fatigue when asked earlier by her steady date since the start of school, Lance Wolf, to meet him at another student social on the other side of campus. A quick glance across the room brought a smile to her fair face, the cheeks freshly red from the outside cold.

Clark Kent stood in a corner surrounded by five people, all just recently acquainted with him, as was Maia. She was friends with four of the five individuals seemingly hanging onto every word of the stunning, black-haired man. There was her brunette, dimple-cheeked roommate Kirsten Glazer encircling the waist of Jake Stein. He was a short fellow wearing his hair of dark, tight curls in a ponytail. Another couple flanked the other side of the tall youth: the long-limbed Frank Chow and his stockier, auburn-haired partner Colin Dunn. Then, there was the familiar honey-blonde sophomore, a renowned "man eater" on campus, Lucy Hendon. She stood between the two pairs, facing Clark head on.

Maia walked over to the drinks table, figuring that a cup of punch filled with heaven-knows-what would help fill her up with the courage she needed this evening.

"Yeah, Thanksgiving was okay. Was great to see the folks; wasn't so great to have my boyfriend break up with me, even though I saw it coming. He met a girl at KSU." Clark purposefully avoided saying the name of his now former lover Curtis Warlen, whom he hadn't previously mentioned to anyone at Met. U. The Kryptonian made it a point to respect the wish of his best friend from high school to remain very private, especially about his sex life. Besides, Curtis was unwaveringly guarding Clark's deep secret.

"Well, that's the guy's big loss," the ever-bold Frank stated.

"Hmm, and others' gain," Lucy added with a grin.

Clark replied, "It's a loss for me too, though. But, hey, we're still good friends. Now, enough about me and my former love life. How about you folks?"

"What, our love lives?" Kirsten smiled, tightening her arm around Jake.

"I was thinking more in general, but, yeah, that too."

"Hi Clark!" Maia's voice cheerily pierced through the group's conversation. She approached, a red plastic cup of punch in hand.

The man she addressed grinned broadly, his whole face brightening. 'So far, so good,' she thought.

"Great to see you, Maia," Clark said. Each of her four friends happily greeted Maia. Lucy smiled tightly.

"Hey, guys, can I have a moment alone with Clark?"

All six people looked at each other, then back at Maia.

"Fine with me," Kirsten broke the silence. "There's plenty of Clark to go around. It's only fair to share." She winked at the Kryptonian.

The object of so much attention slightly blushed, despite how familiar he had become with being a target of admiration and adoration.

"Colin, hon, let's get another drink and see what else we can stir up-- even if it's only each other," Frank said, running a bent forefinger along his lover's chin.

"Okay." Colin playfully snapped his mouth at Frank's finger.

The two couples walked off, though not before all four people cordially bid Maia and Clark a goodnight.

"Uh, before I leave, Clark, how about pinning down some private study time with me that you promised?" Lucy asked, her left hand, the nails long and manicured, gripping the young man's upper right bicep.

"Oh, right. Tomorrow night at 8:00, in the study center?"

"I was thinking of somewhere else, but that'll do for now. Tomorrow at 8:00 it is then." Lucy released her hold on Clark, flashed Maia with a glare, and walked away.

"Well, that was easier than I thought," the tow-headed woman said, sidling closer up to the handsome farmboy, in part so she could speak and listen better over the pleasant but loud music. "Do you mind stepping outside so we can talk?"

The Kryptonian looked at Maia, blinked and nodded before replying, "Sure. Okay. Lead the way."

****

They stood beneath a tall lamp, one amongst a long row of them illuminating the quad's concrete path. The night air was damp besides cold. Clark placed his jacket around Maia's shoulders, even though she wore her own coat. At five feet, eight inches, the slim woman peered up at the brawny Kryptonian who stood at six foot six.

Maia started the conversation. "At the party, I noticed that only one seemed reluctant to leave your side. Watch that Lucy Hendon. She's got you in her sights."

"Yeah, I see that. Thanks for showing up when you did." The man's deep voice sounded especially sultry against the bracing chill. "So, um, what do you want to talk about?"

Maia swiftly closed the small space between herself and the tall man. Standing on tiptoe, she firmly planted her lips against Clark's. Maia plundered his mouth hungrily while reaching up and clutching the thick, dark hair with long, slender fingers. She closed her eyes, to better savor the exchange of sensations between the two of them. Here was the man she'd desired every day for over two months. *Finally,* Maia was tasting and intimately touching him, though this felt to her like an appetizer before a multi-course meal.

The Kryptonian lingeringly returned the kiss before placing his hands on the woman's shoulders. They felt so delicate underneath the black cotton fabric of her dress. He pulled away and looked down at Maia. Her mouth was open and eyes still closed.

"Maia," Clark said, gently squeezing her soft flesh. "Let's stop and talk about this."

"Uh, okay." The young woman's eyes opened, revealing irises of deep brown which held the reflection of the lamp's light like two still pools.

****

The two college students walked along the path of the quad.

"What did you want to discuss, my kissing you?" Maia asked. "There's more where that came from."

"It was a nice kiss and you're beautiful."

"Thanks. So are you, though you probably hear that all the time," Maia replied.

"But, never from you, 'til now," Clark said.

"It's been a long time coming. So, where'd you like to go from here? I know what I want." The young woman turned, stopped, and faced her walking partner.

The Kryptonian sighed and looked down at the woman who, for him, perfectly embodied fragile, feminine beauty. "Oh, Maia. I wish I could give you what you want. I really like you and have since I first saw you--"

"But..." she interrupted.

"But, I'm getting over a break-up that just happened over Thanksgiving break. Back inside, I was telling your friends and Lucy about it," Clark explained.

"I see. So, I'd be rebound?"

"Yes, and that wouldn't be right at all. Besides, I really don't want to jump into another relationship. I need to adjust to being single again, focus on my studies, build my new friendships. Maia, I really need you as a friend. Is that okay?"

How could she say "No" to those two large, deep blue-hazel eyes looking down at-- indeed, seemingly through-- her? Maia placed a hand on the tall man's cheek, down which a single tear rolled.

"Sure. I mean *yes.* I'll be in your life however you want. You seem so easy to love. I don't understand why someone would break up with you. Or, did you end things with her?"

"No, he ended things, but it's all for the best. He met a girl at school. I always knew he planned to settle down with a woman, and that's fine. Me, well, I happen to love whoever I love," Clark finished.

Maia paused, absorbing this information. Then, she sensed a warmth spreading over her, a warmth that sometimes comes from hearing another's heartfelt truth. Or was it the seemingly preternatural heat emitting from Clark's body? Maia wasn't sure. She moved her hand downward's from the man's face to rest it against his chest.

"I'm sorry, Clark. I don't know what else to say. Here I've been so caught up in wanting you, more strongly than anyone else in my life thus far, that I haven't given much thought to who you really are and your own actual needs. I'm sorry." Maia looked down at the ground, feeling abashed with herself. Images streamed through her mind. Maia was recalling the assorted little actions she'd taken to try and satisfy some of the deep longing for the man now before her.

"There's nothing to be sorry about. You can't know what you're not told." Clark placed his hand beneath the woman's chin and tenderly pushed it upwards so he could look her in the eyes.

"Now it's you I need to be truthful with, but, well, not tonight. Not just yet. It's embarrassing. Let's just say I've been watching you, sometimes a little too much."

The Kryptonian smiled. "Oh, really? Hmm, well this could be fun to hear about, when you're ready to share it."

Somewhat relieved, Maia briefly laughed and replied, "Okay. Hopefully, you'll take it all in as one big compliment."

"I'm sure I will," Clark said trustingly and pulled her in for a hug. "Now, my sweet friend," he continued. "Let's go back inside and face the crowd." He released her, though the young woman lingered in his embrace before stepping away.

"Allright. We've probably started some gossip. But, so what?" Maia shrugged her shoulders and smiled.

They joined hands and walked under a waning moon.

FIN (END)

********