Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-05
Completed:
2006-07-10
Words:
1,400
Chapters:
2/2
Kudos:
12
Hits:
1,351

Visions

Summary:

Darth Vader has a strange vision. Will eventually be Vader/OC.

Chapter 1: The First

Chapter Text

A/N: I never have written a story with an OC before, so bear with me here. And she's not a Mary Sue! Any feedback is welcome. Thanks to PrettySiren for beta'ing. =)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luke Skywalker was slowly driving him insane. So he could be obsessive; Darth Vader had long ago admitted that to himself. But honestly-taking over an entire planet just to find him? That was stepping over the line.
This whole obsessive quest stemmed from his desire to find another Force user, one who could help him overthrow the Emperor and bring peace.
He would find who he was looking for that day.
***

Sidone was getting ready when it happened. She had just finished braiding her hair, twisting it into a halo around her head and smoothing it so the red streaks fell where she wanted them to. Just as she bent to adjust her purple robes, an alarm came to life with a wail.
Force...what's going on? Sidone wondered. Her question was answered by the gruff male voice that unexpectedly came from the outside loudspeakers.
"By order of the Galactic Empire, you are to immediately vacate your homes and report to the nearest Imperial Headquarters. Bring nothing with you."
Sidone stood stunned for a moment as the message was repeated again. Then she shook her head and controlled her suddenly rapid breathing.
She considered her options. It would be useless to run-there were simply too many Stormtroopers to avoid. She could try to barricade herself in there, but that would only temporarily keep her out of Imperial hands. Her best option was to fight; surely none of the Stormtroopers possessed the powers she did. Then, she had a chance of making it out alive.
Sidone quickly grabbed a thick brown sack out of her closet and threw some clothes into it. She grabbed a bit of food and water in case she couldn't use her ship to escape the Empire.
What does the Empire want with Oberon? she wondered. A frightening thought occurred to her: what if they had discovered her powers?
She laughed it off, but she was still uneasy. It was possible-the Emperor and his lapdog, Darth Vader, were supposed to be very powerful.
They have no reason to suspect you, she told herself. They think you're just an ordinary citizen.
But you know you're not, her mind whispered. With that last troubling thought, she sped outside towards her ship.
***

An image flashed suddenly in Vader's mind.
A young woman was hurrying fluidly across the ground to a small, sturdy ship. Her face was turned toward him, her amber eyes animated but not afraid. Her jaw was set in determination. Elegant robes trailed behind her, yet they were only an afterthought to her beauty and power.
"What?" he said, half aloud. His normally cold, intelligent mind was left jumbled. The only thing he could comprehend from this vision was that the woman was important somehow. He just didn't know why.
A flurry of hope crossed his mind. What if she knows the whereabouts of Luke? It was a crazy, nonsensical thought, but it made sense for some reason.
Unlikely, but worth investigating, Vader decided. But how would he find her? Oberon was a vast planet.
Another vision answered him:
The woman was standing near the ship. Behind her tall, sculpted body was a house made of white marble. A small gold plaque near the door announced its ID Code: 1165948W.
As suddenly as the vision began, it ended. Darth Vader immediately whipped around to face the Commander by his side.
"Find the house on Oberon with the ID code: 1165948W. Bring all the occupants to me, unharmed. If there are any ships there, search them."
"Yes, Lord Vader," said the Commander. He hurried away. Vader knew the Commander was secretly glad to be away from his threatening presence.
The Commander's thoughts drifted across Vader's mind, idly presenting themselves for his inspection
What horrible torture is he going to put these people through? What does he want with them? Is this part of his hunt for Skywalker? Force, I think Lord Vader is losing his mind.
Losing my mind, am I? Vader mused. There are no secrets on this, ship, Commander, when I can read everyone's mind.
He turned to gaze at the bleak, wet sky of Oberon. Somewhere, his vision waited, as he did now.