Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,347
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
10
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,494

Still Gonna Be Lonely

Summary:

Rating: umm teenagers.. forgot the ratings lol
Pairings: Mac/Danny, Flack/Stella
Archive: sure, just tell me where
Series: do you want it to be?
Warnings : No I think its fine.
Summery: Lindsay has a HUGE crush on Danny, but Mac and Danny have been together two years. Too bad she doesn't know that. Lindsay decides she wants Danny, and she's going to get him.
First one in my list of requests. Thanks to Sara Bogolea for the idea.
I hope you like it.
This is my first CSI NY fic.
Thanks to Ruiter for the beta
Submitted through the CSI_New_York_Slash mailing list.

Work Text:

Still Gonna Be Lonely
by Eri aka Space Monkey

"Hey Stella" Flack called as he rounded the corner and into one of the labs. "You going to the BBQ?"

"Of course" she said smiling, "Why wouldn't I attend?"

Flack moved closer barely not touching her and whispered "I cant believe they are finally moving in together, they've been together how long now?"

Stella scrunched her nose and thought for a moment. "Two years? I think"

 

As Flack and Stella stood talking Lindsay just happened to be walking by...

"I think its so great that Mac and Danny are together!" Flack exclaimed

"SHHHH, someone might hear!" Stella stammered.

Whispering even quieter Lindsay shook her head and sadly said to her self "I heard"

 

Pacing her apartment Lindsay looked ridiculous. Thankfully she was alone.

"It won't last! It wont!" she tried to convince herself.

"Mac can barely stand Danny at times, I have noting to worry about, when it falls apart I'll be Danny's shoulder and get him then. I can wait; it's going to die out very soon."

With that Lindsay cheerfully smiled and skipped off to make herself dinner.

 

"Hey Mac do you think it's a good idea that we invited everyone?"

"Sure, why not? Having doubts Danny?"

Mac slowly turned towards his younger lover; taking Danny in his arms he kissed the top of his head.

"Its just, well not everyone knows just Stella and Flack, Well Aiden too, but she doesn't count..."

Mac lent down and captured Danny's lips in a searing kiss.

"Look I know Hawkes and Lindsay don't know and we will keep it that way till your comfortable telling them. As far as they know this is just a friendly BBQ at my place."

Danny rested his head on Mac's shoulder and sigh with content.

"Ok Mac, I'll be fine. I'm just pretty sure Lindsay has a crush on you."

"Me?!" Mac exclaimed. "She has a crush on you Danny!"

"No way!" Danny countered "I've seen the way she looks at you Mac, you'd have to be blind not to see Lindsay likes YOU!"

Mac shook his head slowly "Ok Danny, Ok"

 

The apartment looked good, Lindsay had to admit that. Though she wasn't sure if it was just Mac who had moved, or if Danny moved with him. If you looked closely you could see things that clearly were Danny's. She could be wrong, but she's pretty sure Mac doesn't listen to Cold Play. After all, he plays Jazz.

She knows Mac likes baseball, but Danny was the one to play it. The glove resting in the corner must be his too.

Looking closely she can find Danny's belongings. Small things really, a huge stack of tea boxes in the kitchen. Everyone knows Mac Taylor drinks coffee, while Danny loves tea.

That tea cup sitting on the counter, Danny has one just like it at the lab. She has seen him use it before. Maybe it's the same cup.

Lindsay keeps walking around the place, she is so in grossed in what she is doing that she almost walks into Stella and Flack.

Stopping abruptly so as not to smash into them she notices they aren't talking back here. She looks down the hall she has just walked. It's the back of the apartment, and Flack has his tongue down Stella's throat!

"OH MY GOD!" she screams, making Flack jump a little and Stella very annoyed. She picked back here because she was certain no one was going to come back here.

"Lindsay!" she says as calmly as she can "What are you doing?"

"Umm" Lindsay is at a loss for words now. "I, I well I was looking for the bathroom" She puts on her best innocent smile, which doesn't fool Stella or Flack.

"It's that way" Flack says while pointing to the other end of the hall. Really she couldn't have missed it.

"Oh thanks" Lindsay says while making a hasty retreat. Flack pulls Stella into the closest room, not going to have anymore interruptions.

 

Walking out on to the patio, which is large, wow this place is big. Lindsay notices Mac over by the grill. Danny is sitting down right beside him. Mac's hand is barely brushing Danny neck, and by the look on his face Danny wishes he could be touched more.

Lindsay walks over and sits next to Danny, that's when Mac turns his full attention back to the grill. Danny now has a sour look on his face that Lindsay chooses to ignore.

`He'll get over it' she tells herself.

"So Danny, I was wondering what you were doing this weekend?" Lindsay says while leaning forward just a little.

"Um I'm not sure"

`Awesome' Lindsay thinks this is her shot.

"Well I've been here a year and haven't really seen the city. I was planning to hit some touristy spots, I wouldn't mind a guide" She smiles sweetly at him and places her hand on his arm.

Mac is trying not to laugh now, how can Danny not see that Lindsay likes him?

"Umm I don't know Lindsay" Danny begins to say

"I'll buy you dinner? Come on were friends, aren't we?"

How can he say no to that? Yeah they're friends, took awhile though. She replaced Aiden, Aiden was his best friend. Damn it hurts to even think about her still.

He smiles but still has to decline; really he had plans with Mac. Christening EVERY room in their new apartment, But he can't say that to Lindsay.

Lindsay is furious now, holding everything inside. She excuses herself and gets up as if she is going to grab a drink.

"See Danny, she likes you not me" Mac tells his young lover.

"Ok Mac, I see it now. I really did think it was you. Why wouldn't anyone want to be with you?"

Mac smiles a little and quickly steals a kiss from Danny.

 

Lindsay sits taking tiny sips from her Ice Tea, trying to think of a way to get Danny. While she's contemplating just abruptly kissing him, after all she "doesn't" know about him and Mac, Danny just happens to walk in.

Standing calmly she strolls over to him, taping him lightly on the back she waits for him to turn around. Danny moves slightly to let who ever is behind him into the conversation with him and Flack when VERY female lips attach them selves to his.

Jumping back alarmed Danny falls backwards onto Stella's lap taking her down on to the floor with him.

Flack immediately springs into action helping Stella up, while Mac comes running into the room trying to figure out what's going on. Seeing Danny on the ground he rushes to his side.

"Danny, are you alright?" Mac practically squeals.

"Yeah Mac I'm fine." Danny says while brushing himself off.

"What the hell was that Montana?"

Lindsay stood shocked, why was Danny yelling at her? Couldn't he now see he should leave Mac for her?

"Um I'm sorry" she stammered out "I must have misread you" hanging her head down Lindsay tried not to cry.

"Damn straight you misread me, I'm sorry if you aren't ready but I have to do this Mac. Hawkes, Lindsay, I've been with Mac for two years now. This isn't just his place. Its mine too. I'm sorry if you misread me but I'm gay."

With that Danny stormed out of the room.

 

Sitting alone in her apartment Lindsay sulked.

"Why does he have to be gay?" she asked her front wall.

"Why couldn't he have fallen in love with me?"

Laying back on her couch she drifted into a restless sleep.

The end.

Should I continue on? Do you want more?