Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,987
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
997

According To Her Will

Summary:

Spock tries to face his emotions...logically

Work Text:

Title: According To Her Will
Author: Rolletti
Email: rolletti@rolletti.com
Website: http://www.rolletti.com
Permission to archive: YES
Fandom(s): Star Trek: TOS
Genre hetero
Pairing/Characters: Spock/Uhura
Rating: FRT
Summary: Spock tries to face emotions...logically
Disclaimer: Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Paramount owns all. Whatever!
Beta: Nicole: All mistakes are my own

 

Spock stood stoically in a dimly lit cabaret with his fiancé by his side, while toe tapping music intermingled with a myriad of Federation languages. The sign in front of the establishment read 'Banchettos'. Anyone stepping through the doors felt the energetic charge that flowed throughout the place as the sound of tinkling glasses and dinnerware accompanied the pleasant atmosphere. Everyone who was anyone was there, proving once again it is the most popular hotspot of Mars. The couple slowly made their way through the crowd to the bar and found a seat, serenely observing the scenery while they waited to be notified of available seating. Tantalizing aromas seduced their senses, bringing their attention to the available menus that offered the names of succulent dishes not easily obtained anywhere else in the galaxy.

Uncertain when they would next visit Mars, Spock did not object when his fiancé suggested they dine at her favorite nightspot. Working amongst humans for five years had led Spock to the understanding of the need for nostalgia that is sometimes experienced when associated with certain surroundings and events.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

As the Enterprise had been orbiting Mars a year prior, Spock had been ordered to indulge in a one week leave by his friend and captain, James Kirk. Of course, Kirk was met with pure stubborn Vulcan resistance, therefore he had relied on his position and made it an order. Due to an unforeseen event in Spock's life, Kirk had felt his friend should have some down time alone to recuperate.

Spock's first day of R&R had led him to a museum located at "Endurance Crater", where Earth's Martian exploration had first begun. As he toured the museum that displayed Earth's primitive first attempt at colonization, a woman bumped into him. She had been studying the same detailed exhibit that had captured Spock's attention. She apologized for her clumsiness and introduced herself as Emily Roberts. After the introduction she could not refrain from striking up a conversation.

She had worked with the Vulcans at the VSA, and spoke the language fluently; Spock's presence enabled her to practice the skill she had not yet had the opportunity to use on Mars. Having worked with the Vulcans at the VSA, and her ability to speak the language fluently, enabled Emily to practice the skill she could not on Mars. Speaking with a Vulcan who has explored the vast known and unknown universe piqued more than her curiosity. His wide range of science and computer skills introduced a common interest, opening a doorway to what led to a deeper relationship over a year's time.

Having become intimately involved with a Vulcan never crossed her mind in the past; therefore it caught her off guard when he had asked to properly court her.

// I have to admit I've grown fond of this handsome, devilishly looking creature. //

Emily felt it was unfortunate he would never hear the endearment from her. She did not wish to see him further retreat behind that impervious wall he was known to hide behind on occasion. Spock was different than any Vulcan she had ever known; colder, yet a miniscule amount of warmth would surprisingly catch her off guard. It was on that barely- measured fraction of degree she based the decision to accept his proposal of courtship.

 

Their hyperborean relationship moved swiftly, although there was a part of him Emily felt she would never reach despite her many efforts. That part of him was his inner core, his inner being; allowing her access would leave him exposed and vulnerable. He was never vulnerable and had vowed to himself to never be...again. When she met him it was after a bitter estrangement he would never discuss, and after knowing him for a time, she understood the toll it took on the emotions he guarded so well; control, the ruling vice.
Emily embraced what was offered and asked no more until he was ready to present it. When he was ready to let go of the overpowering stronghold that ruled that inner core, she promised herself she would be there, waiting.

Spock observed his wife-to-be as she took a sip of the Altair water from the blue bottle that was placed before her. He did not love this human, could not love her, and would not love her. Never during their relationship did he see signs of resentment towards him because of it. He is a Vulcan, she is aware of that and accepts him for who he is; willing to submit to the Vulcan way, to embrace the illogic of emotion.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Spock must fulfill his family obligation and prepare to face the unwelcome flame when she comes to stake her claim; that fire which will consume the mighty Vulcan, her prisoner, stripping him of all logic.

At a multi dimensional theory seminar they attended one afternoon, Spock presented the logical inquiry. Emily accepted the proposal that was obviously more phlegmatic than any Vulcan she met on his home world, but despite her agreement to embrace the Vulcan Way, she could not ignore that illogical emotion called love.

Emily asked herself many times how had she had fallen in love with a hard, passionless, Vulcan whose heart seemed made of cold stone. She came to the same conclusion every time; it is what the stone is able to accomplish with its strength and abilities, and if placed in the sun it is capable of absorbing heat at its center. Emily saw herself as a great heat source. While on Vulcan she had been invited into family homes of Vulcan colleagues, and saw that there existed something more than logic between those of the household. She would wait any amount of years it would take to accomplish even that...that miniscule amount of...intimacy?

//Who can say what the true meaning of love is? Our future journey will show all witnesses that loves exist in many forms. Besides, after we marry he may show me some form of affection while we're intimate. Surely...//

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

While discussing their upcoming trip, something faintly familiar, like a whisper, brushed against Spock's consciousness, capturing his immediate attention. A crease abruptly formed between his brows as a hint of a fragrance out of a room full of scents suddenly reminded him of someone... an unmistakable someone from his past.

An intoxicating woman, encompassed in ecstasy, flashed through his mind; another of her digging her long nails into his shoulders, rocking, and screaming out his name. He swayed with the impact of a memory with his head thrown back unhindered, grunting like a wild animal as he sought the exquisite pleasure of physical release. Vehement desire reigned as each stroke and bite mark took them on numerous erotic journeys few traveled. Emily continued talking yet he could not hear her sentences, her words, her syllables, due to the pounding of his heart. The fragrance in the air became stronger, arresting his senses.

//It is her. She is here. //

Her acute scent surrounded him, seductively caressed him like a lover long parted. Her presence was so strong he could almost taste her. Only she could surpass his controls as he fought to still his trembling hand.

Emily noticed the trembling yet said nothing, respecting his well-guarded privacy, as a good Vulcan wife should. But apprehension settled deep in her soul as she tried to continue speaking to Spock, whom she had noticed stopped listening some time ago.

Spock searched the throng of people for the one who could somehow reach deep within him and rearrange his innermost being according to her will. When he did not see her he relied on his psionic abilities...

// A shield; I have taught her well. //

Emily was surprised when she felt the sudden pressure on her upper arm pulling her out of her seat from the bar and guiding her past the tables they were waiting to occupy. Spock was discreet as he led her through the mass of people without offering any form of explanation. She trusted his judgment explicitly; therefore she asked no questions and only followed his lead. What could disturb him, she could not fathom, as she scanned the room for the mysterious unknown threat. She was frightened, frightened for Spock as she witness the flexing muscles beneath his tunic.

The door, their destination, was in sight. People moved out of the stately Vulcan's way as he neared them, giving him room to pass. Spock turned to glance at Emily when he heard her gasp. With each step, thoughts from his past caused him to unknowingly increase the pressure around her delicate human arm. Now aware of the vise like grip, he lessened his hold, disturbed he would react so.

// I am Vulcan; logical, efficient and rational. Emotion does not control me, I control it. //

An apology was silently expressed and Emily lightly smiled as she nodded her head in acceptance. Spock turned to continue their trek when he stopped in his track. Emily unexpectedly bumped into Spock and leaned over to see what had caused his barely- audible gasp. A vision stood in their path; a beauty so striking she made the best of Mars' revelers fade into the background. The brightest star in the heavens.

"Hello, Spock," said the sultry voice.

"Nyota!"

Nyota Uhura held his eyes as the slow rhythm of her hips moved toward him. She was sensual, elegant...poetry in motion.

The surrounding conversations, tinkling glasses, everything seemed to come to an abrupt halt. To Spock, only she existed.

Uhura stood with one hand on her hip, her long silver nails a bold contrast against the tight black leather pants which accentuated her body. A seductive smile played about her lips as she watched Spock through long lashes.

"You've been a bad boy Spock. I've been waiting too long for you to figure things out."

There was battle of wills between Spock and Uhura as they stood facing each other. Emily continued to stand beside Spock unmoving, holding her breath. She didn't know what was happening, but she knew without a doubt that this was The Mystery. This siren, this enchantress of desire with the unwavering stare, possessed the key to what Emily desired. When she looked over at Spock's expressionless face, she knew. The barriers he had set in place a year ago and maintained ritually was failing him...and her.

Uhura moved closer, each step defined, to look Spock straight in the eyes. Softly, Emily inhaled an amazing fragrance that could not be found in a bottle of any kind. She saw inviting liquid amber eyes that could make any male, no matter the species, burn with unquenchable desire.

"I want to hear you say it," purred the seductress.

"I...cherish thee," he said weakening.

"You know what I want to hear," said the arousing voice. "Just say it once, Shuga, that's all I've ever asked."

"Yes, I must confess...I love you too, Nyota," whispered the defeated Spock as he pulled her against him.

"Admit it," she said as a silver nail traced his bottom lip, "how could there be a Spock, without his Uhura? It's only...logical," she said with a satisfying smirk.

 

Emily stood motionless as she watched Spock. His eyes and soon his body helplessly followed the electric hips out the door without a backward glance.

End.