Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
562
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
3
Kudos:
13
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,945

Kyle

Summary:

Fandom: Kyle XY
Pairing: Kyle/man in the red pick up
Portrayed by Matt Dallas/Nicholas Lea
Rating: FRT for language
Summary: who is he?
Note: Just a short bit to dip the toe into the boiling pot and make this pairing more acceptable, keep in mind this was written in a burst of recklessness
Written for the Mailing lists KyleXY_Fantasies and KyleXY_SlashyFantasies

Work Text:

Kyle
by PEJA

Losing him in the woods...Lord, you have no idea how much that scared the life out of me. I mean, I'd sworn on my life that I would keep him safe when we decided to take the chance that just might save his life. I'd never dreamt I could fail in something so apparently simple. All I had to do was watch the dials and levels. How was I to know that his emergence from the regeneration cells would have left him amnesic?

And young.

Gods, so very young. That was something we hadn't expected, the age regression.  But expecting or not, it was one very amazingly youthful man who stepped out of that cell, covered in the transmitting gels that had stimulated his recovery from the disease that had been destroying his body. His mind. His very soul.

We'd been working on that damn regenerative mystery all our lives. Devoted ourselves to finding the miracle solution that would reveal nature's secret and allow man to rebuild damaged and mutated cells, to stop disease and the aging process...or slow it down.

Looking back, it was idiotic arrogance that allowed us to attempt what we did. We would never have rushed our work if he hadn't needed so desperately what we believed we held the key to.

Our imagined god complex was our undoing. We'd neglected to dot the i's and cross the t's and in the end we had fucked up royally.

When he stepped out of the regeneration chamber I'd been so blinded my my excitement to see him on his feet once again, after so long being bed ridden I had rushed to embrace him. I'd rained kisses on his face, his neck...and then I realized he was not returning my embrace, my kisses. He was, instead, standing quietly in the circle of my arms, without even lifting his arms to hold me close. It broke my heart when I stepped back a step and he stared at me without recognition.

Seeing him, recognizing his confusion, my blood boiled, shocked rage washed over me and in my madness I swung out at the furnishings, raging at the gods who would steal him from me.

I can't fault him for running away. In his state it was to be expected. But by the time I calmed enough to realize he had run, it was too late. He was already far gone.

Finding him, once I got my mind working again wasn't hard. A man in my position has connections. A few phone calls, a couple favors called in and I knew where he was.

They call him Kyle. For now that is who his is. For now, while he relearns what was wiped away from him, he is Kyle

I watch him from a distance now. Waiting.

I can only trust in the fates, and pray he comes to trust me again.

That someday I can hold him in my empty arms once more and reintroduce him to the love I know he has buried somewhere deep down inside his wiped clean mind.

For now, I watch and wait. I promised him in another life that I would keep him safe.

And that's exactly what I intend to do

 

 

so, hows that for a quicky explanation?

let me know what you think of this ficlet, please