Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
5,787
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
5
Hits:
898

Prayers Pride and Protest

Summary:

Combines slash (eventually, not much in this part yet) with political protest. Introduces two temporarily new characters that stir things up a bit. Jack/Pacey

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Prayers, Pride And Protest

by akkermanmark@yahoo.com

Disclaimer: "Dawson's Creek", it's characters, and it's concepts, are owned by Kevin Williamson, the WB, and a bunch of other people.

Pairing: Jack/Pacey (eventually)

Timeline: Between season 3 and 4. Pacey and Joey together, yet not away on the boat.

First fanfic-attempt ever. English isn't my native language, so there might be some mistakes in this. Combines slash (eventually, not much in this part yet) with political protest. Introduces two temporarily new characters that stir things up a bit.

 

PRAYERS, PRIDE AND PROTEST
by AkkermanMark

School had finished just a week ago and here they were between teachers and some other students again. Jack sighed and looked at Jen, who was standing next to him. They were listening to a speech by former Principal Green. He talked about all the good things mister Collins did for the school and what a loss his death was for Capeside. Jack sighed again, thinking what typical funeral talk this was, and wondering what all those people were really thinking.

True, mister Collins had been a popular teacher, but that was before every knew what was now widely known. Half a year ago he suddenly disappeared from school. The students were told he was ill and needed to recover. His substitute was an old and very strict woman, whose detention policy caused everyone to hope for a quick return of mister Collins. But mister Collins never returned, instead rumors started to pop up all over town. Still it was just a week ago that the truth
became known in Capeside.

At the end of the last school day there was a traditional closing ceremony with a speech from the principal, the football coach and so on. The principal talked about mister Collins, telling the students unfortunately he would never be back. He then read out a letter mister Collins wrote them. The letter hit the students hard. It said mister Collins was very ill and actually dying of the consequences of AIDS. It also said he had accepted he was going to die, but he felt sad for putting his boyfriend through all of this. Then there was just silence, none of the students spoke a word. The principal couldn't think of anything else then telling them to go home. So they did.

Three days later, mister Collins was dead. There was an announcement in the paper with the name of a man no one knew under it. All teachers and students of Capeside High were invited to come to funeral.

Jack had always liked mister Collins, who had been very understanding and sympathetic to him. He now knew why, but he also felt kind of betrayed. Why had he never said he was gay? Ever since Jack came out, he knew there must have been more gay people at school. It would have
been a great support if one of them would have came out as well, so Jack wouldn't feel that alone anymore. Still he knew coming out wasn't easy to do and mister Collins could have lost his job over it.

No, he couldn't blame him. He wasn't sure about going to the funeral however. What if he would be the only student there?

Jen and Andie, who both had done classes of mister Collins, finally convinced him to go with them. There were some other students as well and a lot of teachers. Then there were Mitch and Gail Leery, with Dawson. Dawson told Jack his mother had been in school with mister Collins and they had just been friendly ever since, with small talks when they ran into eachother in town. Gramps was there as well, she had been a good friend of mister Collins parents and had known mister Collins since his birth.

Jack was thinking about all this when Jen touched him. 'Jack, it's over, we can go now if you want to', she whispered. 'Yeah, sure, let's go', he said. They followed the other people to the street and
started walking towards the town center. Across the street, on the other pavement, there were people with signs and banners, saying things like 'God hates fags', 'Burn in hell' and 'AIDS cures fags'.

Jack noticed them and read them with disbelief. He stopped and just stood there watching these people. Jen and some other people stopped as well, but most people pretended not to see them and kept on walking. Finally there was a group of them still on the pavement, including Jen, Gramps, Mitch and Gail, while the others turned around a corner and were out of sight.

Then on the other pavement a man took a microphone and started to speak. 'That's a minister of one of our churches', Gramps said to Jen. The man talked about the funeral: 'That mister Collins deserved to die. The bible says homosexuality is wrong, it's a sin and a sickness. God hates sinners, so he created AIDS to punish them. I know that man is burning in hell now, wishing he would have done the right thing. What is particularly worrying about all this is that this man was a teacher. This man taught our children and look what happened: one of his students now says he's gay as well. A young boy saying he prefers men to sleep with instead of women. Such a disgusting thought can't have just come into his mind. This mister Collins has lead this young man away from God into the darkness and that's why I say that all homosexuals should be banned from being a teacher. Please come to our meeting tomorrow to discuss this and other topics further. Now let us pray'.

While the minister started a prayer, Jack felt like he was going to faint. The others just didn't know what to say, until Mitch turned to Jack and said: 'Jack, why don't you and Jen come over to our house for a drink'. 'No, no, thank you, I'd rather be alone for a while', Jack stammered and then he ran away from the group. 'I don't think we should leave him alone like this', Gramps said to Jen. 'You're right', she said and headed after him.

Jack ran straight home. He passed a lawn where Pacey and Joey where sitting. Pacey say him running by and called his name. Jack didn't react, he just kept on running. 'What's with him?', Pacey asked Joey. 'Haven't got a clue', she answered. Then Jen ran past them.

Joey called her name and she stopped. 'Is this a contest or something? You're the second one in such a hurry', Pacey asked her.

Jen explained to them what had happened in very short sentences, because she was short of breath. 'Gotta go after him? Make sure he's okay? Not doing anything stupid'. 'We're coming with you', Pacey said. 'Yeah', said Joey, 'sounds like he needs all the friends he can get'.

Meanwhile Jack opened the door of his house, ran by Andie and Dawson who were just taking their coats off, up the stairs and into his room where he fell down on his bed. There were tears in his eyes, but he couldn't really cry. He was just thinking and thinking things over and over again till he felt dizzy and had an bad headache. Then he breathed out and closed his eyes. Suddenly he felt very tired, he turned on his stomach and fell asleep. At that moment Jen, who had informed Andie and Dawson, entered the room. The others were waiting in the living room.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Gramps walked home with Mitch and Gail. 'I feel really sorry for Jack', she said. 'Although things didn't work out with this boy Ethan, Jack was feeling so much better and more himself lately'. 'I wish there was something we could do about this. It was just sick, the things this man said.', Gail said. 'Yes, I didn't think there were people like that left anymore', Mitch added.

When they got to the Leery house, they saw a woman and a boy standing in front of the door. Gramps joined Mitch and Gail for some coffee and the three of them walked towards the woman and boy. 'Hey, it's Rose Miller. She was in school with me', Gail said. 'Left immediately after high school and became an actress. We used to write eachother for some time, but then she suddenly stopped acting some fifteen years ago. Got a card from her when Dawson was born and never heard from her since. That must be her son, can't remember his name', she quickly told Mitch and Gramps.

Rose turned around and saw them coming. 'Gail, hello', she said. 'Rose, what are you doing here?', Gail asked, 'I just can't belief you're here'. 'I wanted to show Che, my son, the town where I grew up. So I decided to come and life in Capeside again for some time. After my parents died you were the only I had kept in contact with for some time'. 'Come in for coffee', Gail said.

They all went into the house and introduced themselves to eachother. 'So, I heard you were actress. Our son, Dawson, wants to become a director. He's going to be so excited to meet you', Mitch said. 'I quit acting a long time ago and I really don't regret that', Rose answered, 'I won't be able to tell him much, a lot of things have changed since I stopped'.

They sat down at the table as the telephone rang. Gail picked it up, it was Dawson who just wanted to let them know Jack was at home and Jen was talking to him. 'Jack seems to be OK, he's at home and Jen, Andie, Pacey, Joey and Dawson are there as well', Gail told Gramps and Mitch. She explained things about the funeral and what happened afterwards to Rose and Che. Rose said: 'Peter Collins died. That's a shame. I had a crush on him in highschool. I didn't know he was gay.

Anyway, I know these people that were protesting. It's some Christian Right-winged group that are doing this kind of protest a lot. I have been campaigning against them. They are really horrible. Che can tell you about that'. 'Yeah', Che added, 'one night I was at a meeting of a group for young gay and bisexual people and a group of these people came into the building and forced us to go away, saying we should go to the church instead and stuff like that'.

'That really is horrible', Mitch said and then turning to Rose, 'you've been campaigning against them?'. 'Yes, after I gave up acting I devoted my life to political activism, I have been involved
in all sorts of campaigns, including gay rights campaigns. Sometimes we would try to prevent them from meeting by blockading entrances to the building they were going to have it in, but most of the time we would just stand there with banners or go to their meetings and confront them verbally'.

Gramps put her fist on the table and said: 'You know, they have a meeting tomorrow. I think we should do something. I mean, I'm not really into blockading or things like that, but I'd like to go to
their meeting and tell them what I think. I believe in a God of love and tolerance and compassion and not in a God of hate'. 'That's the spirit', Rose said, 'I'll be happy to come with you'. 'So are we', Mitch and Gail added.

They drank their coffee and tea, since neither Rose nor Che drank coffee at all, and talked about life in Capeside and the things they had been up to for the last years. 'I don't want to interrupt', Che said, 'but shouldn't we go to our new house, Rose, and start unpacking for the night?'. 'You're right', Rose said, 'we have to go.

Thank you for the tea and we'll see you tomorrow for that meeting.

Very nice to see you again, Gail'. They said goodbye and Gail walked them to the door. 'Where's your car?', she asked Rose. 'Don't have one, they're very bad for the environment. We're by bike'. She and Che jumped on their bikes, waved to Gail and went home.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Jack woke up the minute Jen opened his door. 'Hi', she said, 'can I come in?'. 'Yeah, sure', Jack whispered. Jen sat down on the bed next to him, looked at the ceiling and started to talk. 'You know Jack, I know how you're feeling now. Well actually I don't really know, but I know it must be really bad'. 'You can say that', Jack answered. 'With you and our friends there's no problem in me being gay. But you're such a small part of the world and I can't always hide among you for
the rest of the world that isn't that accepting. And the rest of the world isn't that far away, I mean, I know I will never really be accepted in Capeside'. Jen nodded, 'What those people said was really horrible. But they are such a small part of the world as well. They will never change their mind. It may be hard, but the best you can do is just ignore them. I know you will have to face bigotry in your life sometimes and I know you can fight this. You're strong Jack, really strong. You've proven that by coming-out, by falling in love with Ethan and kissing him and by being yourself, day after day again, knowing not everybody approves of who you are'. Jack had tears
running down his face when he said: 'What happened today really hurt me, but you're right about them being a small part of the world. I'll probably get over this, but it isn't them what is really bothering me. It made me realize that probably a lot of people think the same, maybe not this radical, they may just think being gay is strange or a bit wrong or whatever, but basically the don't think of homosexuality being equal to heterosexuality.' Jen stood up from the bed, sat down on the floor and said: 'You're probably right. But you seemed to be quite happy lately as well. It's a fact that not the whole world will accept gay people and we can't change that. I mean, we can try, but
it's never going to change completely. On the other hand, you have friends who accept you totally, you're doing great in school, you've fallen in love with a boy and so on. I'm pretty sure you're going to life a happy life, with a fine job, great friends, and a nice and beautiful husband. And yeah, sometimes you have to face bigotry, but I know you will be able to fight that'. She looked under his bed, smiled and added: 'And besides that, there's always the Playgirl to read'. She picked up the magazine and looked at the cover. 'He's really hot, you use that to ?uh? help yourself?'.

Jackblushed, took the magazine from her and put it into a drawer. He smiled and said: 'None of your business'. Then he walked towards her, kissed her on the cheek and whispered: 'Thank you'.

'Let's go downstairs', she said, 'there are five people dying to know if you're okay'. Jack washed his face and they walked to the living room. 'Are you okay?', Andie asked. 'You know we all support you', Dawson said.

'Yeah, I'm okay', Jack answered.

'Nothing wrong with him', Jen said', 'I caught him reading the Playgirl so we rated the boys together'.

Jack blushed again, said 'Thank you, Jen' and sat down, a bit ashamed until Pacey smiled and said:

'Why look at some pictures when you can look at me'.

'You, as a Playboy expert, should know that the men on those pictures are naked and you aren't', Joey said.

'Well, if Jack asks it really nice I might take some clothes off for his pleasure', Pacey answered.

Jack's face had turned completely red now and he looked away, not knowing what to say.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The next morning Gramps drove Mitch and Gail to the building were the Cristian Right meeting was going to be hold. Gramps drove very dangerously as usual and Mitch and Gail were happy to get out of the car, thinking it might be better to walk home. They walked up to the building, where Rose and Che already were. Being early, they talked on the street for a while. Pacey, Joey, Dawson and Jen, on their way to the house of Jack and Andie, where they were going to watch some movies, walked by and stopped to talk to them. Gail introduced Rose and Che to them and told them what they were going to do. 'Very good', Jen said, 'still I'd feel better just ignoring them'. Rose answered: 'That's also a strategy, but I'd rather fight against them and let them know what I think about it'.

'What are you going to do?', Mitch asked.

'Just watching some movies at Andie and Jack's house', Joey answered.

'Hey Che, why don't you come along with us', Dawson said. Che hesitated, but then said: 'All right, unfortunately I'll have plenty of chances to go to meetings like this. I'll be home for dinner, Rose'. 'OK, have fun', she said.

The group walked away as the first people who wanted to attend the meeting arrived.

Rose, Gail, Mitch and Gramps followed them into the building. When the meeting started, there were some fifty people in the room. It began with a prayer and then the minister, who spoke the day before, walked unto a small stage and held another speech about how the United States of America drifted away from God, something that was especially noticeable in the growing number of gay people and the fact that these people were treated like normal citizens instead of the sinners they were. While Rose clinched her teeth together to prevent herself for shouting at the man, he invited two 'cured' homosexuals on stage. They told about their lives and how they had
found God and were cured. Then the minister took over again, telling the audience: 'It's not too late for homosexuals. They can give up their sins and become normal Christian people. If you happen to be gay or if one of your children is that way, you should know God won't forgive you, he hates you and you're going to burn in hell. God gave us AIDS to cure gays and help our society get rid of this sinners. Think of this and change your way before it is too late'.

At that moment Rose couldn't hold back any longer, she stood up and shouted at the man: 'If anyone is going to burn in hell, it's you, you idiot. There's nothing wrong with being gay. I know a lot of gay people, my son is bisexual and you know what, they are really great people. I'm not going to listen to this nonsense anymore, goodbye'. She walked away, smashed the door and left the building.

Gail and Mitch looked at eachother. 'She's amazing', Gail said.

The minister started to speak again: 'There's no way she's going to be saved. Now, are there any questions?'.

A man stood up and said: 'I think my daughter is gay. What can I do about that?'.

The minister answered: 'You have to tell her the things I told you today. After the meeting you can get a book in which we explain why being gay is a sin and what the bible says about that. Read that, read it with her. Tell her you will help her to become normal again and pray with her
to rid her of these sick feelings. If she doesn't want to get cured, all you can do is tell her to get out of your house and never to speak to her again. That's the only way to deal with this then, gay
people should be isolated so their influence on society will be minimized'.

'I try that, thank you for your advise', the man said.

Gramps put her hand in the air.

'The lady over there', the minister said, 'what have you got to say'.

Gramps cleared he throat and started to speak: 'I've been a church-going religious woman for all
my life. I try to live up to the principles of my faith and I strongly believe in God. But my God does not hate people, my God does not make people ill and my God does not let people burn in hell. My
God loves all the people in the way he created them, no matter what their gender is, or their color, or their sexual orientation. My God created people with all their differences, still telling them to live together in peace and in tolerance of eachother. What you do is misuse the name of God, in a way that is much worse than swearing".

Some people that had known her for a long time, started to talk to each other.

The minister said: 'Lady, you got it all wrong. The way you see things, you're going to burn in hell as well'.

Gramps was clearly shocked by this, and she wasn't the only one.

Mitch stood up and said: 'Well, hell is going to pretty overcrowded then'. Then he walked away, joined by Gail and Gramps.

Some other people stood up as well and left the room. When they were gone, they could hear the
minister starting to talk again. The meeting went on like if nothing had happened.

Outside Rose was sitting on the pavement. She saw Mitch, Gail and Gramps coming out of the building and said: 'Couldn't take it any longer either?'.

'Nope', Gail said.

Then about fifteen other people came out of the building, said some supportive words to Gramps and wandered off to their cars.

'Neither could they', Mitch added.

'I've never seen so many people leaving such a meeting', Rose said, 'How did this happen?'.

Gail told her about the things Gramps said and the reaction of the minister.

Rose turned to Gramps and said: 'I'm an atheist, but what you did was wonderful. I wish all religious people would believe their God was such a good God'.

Gramps just smiled.

Rose said: 'Well, I have to go home and finish the unpacking. See you again, soon'. She took her bike and rode away. Mitch and Gail didn't dare to refuse the ride Gramps offered them and got into her car, hoping they would make it home safely.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The third movie they had watched was just finished. Andie yawned and said: 'I've had enough for the day. One more movie and I'm going to fall asleep'.

Dawson looked at the others and said: 'Well then, anything else we can do?'.

Jen smiled and answered: 'We could talk a bit. Take Che here, the only thing we know about him is his name'.

Joey added: 'Yeah, Che, tell us something more about your life'.

Che smiled and said: 'My full name is Che Mahatma Dylan Miller. Che after Che Guevara, Mahatma after Mahatma Gandhi, Dylan after Bob Dylan and Miller after my mother's last name. I don't know who my father is and I'm an only child, living with my mother. I was born seventeen years ago, going to start my final year of highschool now. I lived in Los Angeles and San Francisco till I was five, after that I've lived in a lot of places. My mother was an actress and now she's an activist and basically we just move on from one place to another, wherever there's any action and protest going on. I join her on these quite a lot of times. Umm, she was born in Capeside, went to highschool with Dawson's mother and left after that. Now we're back here for some time, because she wanted to show me the town she used to live in. My hobbies are biking, swimming, reading and writing. Well, that's about it. Anything more you want to know?'.

'Any girlfriends in your life?', Jen asked.

'Interested in becoming one, Jen?', Pacey said before Che could answer.

She didn't answer and looked at Che: 'Well?".

Che said: 'I've had one serious girlfriend and two serious boyfriends'.

Jack choked on a cookie he was eating and started to cough.

'So, you had a girlfriend and then found out you were gay?', Dawson asked.

'Not exactly', Che answered, 'I had a boyfriend, then a girlfriend and then another boyfriend. I'm
bisexual, and single at the moment'.

Pacey smiled and said: 'Allright, so of the seven people in this room at least one is gay and at least one is bisexual. Interesting. So no one here is save from your charms then?'.

'You never know', Che answered.

Dawson looked at his watch and said: 'I have to go home for dinner'.

'I should go as well', Joey said, 'I have to work tonight at Potter's Bed and Breakfast'.

As they left, Che said he should actually go too.

Jen looked at the four people standing in the living room and asked: 'Anyone up for a walk on the beach tonight?'.

'Dad's coming home tonight, so I can't come', Andie said.

'Same for me', Jack added.

'I'll be happy to come', Pacey said, 'I'll come pick you up after work'.

'Che?', Jen asked. 'I'd like to come',

Che answered, 'but I have to see how things are going with unpacking and whether my help is needed tonight'.

'You know what, we'll come by your house tonight and see if you can come along', Pacey said.

Che gave Pacey his address and then he left.

Jen turned to Jack: 'So, are you interested in him?'.

'Don't know, are you?', Jack said.

'Well?', Jen started, but she was interrupted by Andie: 'Of course you are, we've all seen that'.

'I hardly know him', Jen said.

'Didn't stop you from falling in love with Dawson', Pacey said, 'However, the bigger question probably is, what about Henry?'.

'I know that, thank you', Jen said. 'See you tonight' she added and she left.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

That night Pacey and Jen drove to Che's house. They rang the doorbell and Rose opened the door. 'Come in', she said, 'Che is on the phone'.

They walked along boxes of stuff into the living room. There were an old sofa, a table, pillows on the floor, a lot of books, papers and magazines just about everywhere, some political posters on the wall and a audio set, on which punk music was playing. 'Sit down, do you want a drink?', Rose asked.

'Yes, please, miss Miller', Jen said.

'Please, never call me miss Miller again, I'm Rose', Rose said with a smile, 'Now, we have herbal tea, orange juice, carrot juice and water'.

'Orange juice, please', Pacey and Jen both said.

As Rose brought them their orange juices, Che entered the room. 'Well, what do you think about our home?', he asked.

Rose left the room and went upstairs.

Pacey said: 'Well, it is certainly very different from what I'm used to, but I like it. I just can't believe your mother is so alternative, she's about the same age as my parents. I can't imagine my parents playing punk music and living like this, let alone do the things you two do. Jen told me what happened at this meeting this morning'.

Jen said: 'Yeah, I like it too. Hey, can you come with us to the beach? I mean it looks like there's still a lot of stuff unpacked'.

Che answered: 'Sure I can come. We only unpack the stuff we need. The rest is in boxes until we
need that as well'.

Jen and Pacey finished their orange juices, Che yelled upstairs that he was leaving and then they left.

Pacey walked to his car, but Che said: 'I don't like being in cars. Can't we just walk, the beach is
really close'.

'Sure', Pacey said.

So they walked to the beach and Pacey and Jen told Che about Capeside and the school. The beach was completely empty. They walked along the water, while Che told about the difficulties, but also the fun and adventure, of moving a lot.

Then Pacey and Jen filled him in on some of the relationship business of Capeside High.

After quite a long walk they sat down on the beach. Jen opened her bag and took a bottle of wine out of it. She opened the bottle and took a zip, followed by Pacey and Che.

Pacey asked Che: 'You like wine?'.

'Sometimes', he said, 'I don't drink very often. Can't drink in the house'.

'Does your mother forbid you to drink?', Jen asked.

'No, that's not it', said Che. He hesitated a bit and then said: 'OK, you gotta keep this a secret. She's an alcoholic'.

'Sorry for you', Pacey said, 'wouldn't say that by looking at her though'.

'Oh, she's been sober for over ten years now', Che said, 'and she tells me that I can drink in the house, that she's strong enough to abstain from it. Still I think it's safer not to have any alcohol at home'.

'Yeah', Jen said, 'you've got any problems with me going to be drunk tonight?'.

'Not at all', Che answered, 'if you don't do it all the time'.

'Oh no, I don't do that all the time', she said.

After they drank a second bottle of wine as well, Jen turned to Che and said: 'You know, you're very attractive'.

'Thank you', Che said.

'What about a game', Jen went on, 'something like truth or dare'.

'Fine by me', Pacey said. 'Let's make it truth or kiss', Che said, 'I don't really like inventing stupid dares. Someone tells the truth or has to kiss the person that asked the question'.

'Fine by me', Pacey said again.

'OK', Jen said as well.

'Well then, Jen, what's the reason you're parents sent you away to live with your grandmother?', Che asked.

She laughed and said: 'I think anyone in Capeside could've told you this, but the answer is that they caught me having sex in their bed'.

'That one was easy', she said turning to Pacey: 'What was your first sexual dream about?'.

'Michelle Pfeiffer as Cat Woman, I think', Pacey answered. He looked to the sky, then said: 'Can't think of a question now, Jen why don't you ask another one'.

'Allright', she said, 'Che, what's the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to you?'.

Che thought for some time, then said: 'I can tell just about anything, but the truth is something I don't really feel like telling now. I think I'll go for the kiss. That is, if you don't mind, off course?'.

'That's the game', Jen said. She brought her head closer to Che's and as their lips touched, she could hear Pacey say: 'That's the game, yeah, right'. She felt Che's tongue against her lips, opened these and let his tongue into her mouth.

After a while, he took his lips off hers and smiled. 'You're OK?', he asked.

All Jen could say was: 'Wow'.

She sat back on her place.

Che turned to Pacey and asked: 'What's the woman you've been most in love with in your life?'.

Pacey sighed, he knew that whatever he was going to say might one way or the other reach Andie or Joey. He knew he was supposed to say Joey, but lately he wasn't too sure about that anymore. On the other hand, his love for Andie was certainly gone. What about Tamara? No, it should be Joey, but then again his feelings for Andie once were very strong and deep as well. 'Can't answer that question', he said finally, 'think I'll kiss Jen as well'.

'Uh uh', Jen said, 'that's not the rule. You have the kiss the person that asked the question. And I'm expecting nothing less then the kiss we just had'.

'Is this a punishment for a certain remark I just made?', Pacey asked.

'Hey, how can kissing me be a punishment', Che smiled.

'I don't know', said Pacey as he turned his head to Che, 'I'll have to try it first before I can say anything about that'.

He listened to himself and couldn't believe what he just said. He was going to kiss a boy and this thought actually made him nervous. He closed his eyes, thought to himself that it was just a game and then said: 'Well, it's just a game and if that is the rule of the game, I'll have to do it. Just don't tell anyone about this, OK? It might harm my reputation'.

'Sure', Jen said, 'I wouldn't want to harm your reputation of being the most macho heterosexual of
Capeside'.

'That's right', Pacey said as he closed his eyes again and moved his lips forward. He shivered as they touched Che's lips. He was actually kissing a boy, a boy that now licked his lips with his tongue. Pacey opened his mouth a bit and let Che's tongue in. As their tongues touched he felt another shiver going over his body.

After what seemed like eternity, he let go. He opened his eyes and looked at the smiling face of Che.

'You OK?', Che asked.

Pacey nodded and said: 'As Jen would say, Wow'.

'You can say that', Jen added, 'mister Macho french kissing with a beautiful boy'.

Pacey said: 'Hey, it's just a game'.

'Yeah, right', Jen whispered into his ear.

He pretended he didn't hear it.

A cool breeze blew the tension between the three of them away. Che stood up and said: 'Well, it was great, but I have to go now'.

'Yeah, we better go as well', Jen said.

'My car is still parked in front of your house', Pacey said.

Che said: 'You better come and pick it up tomorrow. I wouldn't like to see you drive the way you are now'.

'Oh come on, I'm just a little drunk. But walking home might be smarter, yes'.

They walked to the end of the beach, where Che had to go one way and Pacey and Jen had to go the other way. They said goodbye and Che left them.

Jen said: 'He is really mysterious. I mean, he told a lot about himself, but I just can't get hold of who he really is. Can you?'.

Pacey answered: 'No, Jen, no', but he was more worried about who he himself really was.

 

 

end part 1

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Akkerman Mark.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.