Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
318
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
870

Untitled Crusade Fic

Summary:

Response to the Plot Bunny "Come hell or high water, I'm gonna make you love me..... challenge"

Work Text:

Untitled Crusade Fic

by Mistress Sarah

Plot Bunny "Come hell or high water, I'm gonna make you love me....."

Fandom : Crusade

 

Untitled Crusade Fic
by Mistress Sarah

 

"Come hell or high water, I'm gonna make you love me....."

The song played on, but my lover told me roughly to turn the music off. My attempt to fulfill his request quickly and efficiently, as was my normal response to his harsh commands was hampered by my physical discomfort. He was not a gentle lover, not by any means on those nights when he came to my quarters, his inner pain overwhelming the man I knew he was.

Or the man I believed he once was. These nights of shadows and darkness, passion and pain when he came to my quarters mocked my innocent daydreams where my lover's touch was gentle.

"Come hell or high water, I'm gonna make you love me....." I thought.

"I said, turn it off, " he growled as he pulled his pants on, one leg at a time.

"Yes, Captain," I answered quickly, but I wasn't fast enough for him.

He threw the radio against the wall. Radio was an antique word for the media player, no longer valid in the strange universe we found ourselves in, where people were dying by the thousands, daily. I flinched at the noise, and then I moaned as the slightest movements caused me intense pain. He took his frustrations out on me, rather than on the crew, which allowed him to appear calm and composed in front of our crew.

Nobody knew the anger that swirled inside of him, except for me.

For a moment, there was something that appeared in his hazel eyes. An emotion, I thought long dead, suffocated by self-hatred and despair.

Was it guilt?

Shame?

"Take today off, " He whispered. "Don't worry about your shift, John."

 

END