Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
502
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
14
Hits:
1,234

Very very gay club

Summary:

Post-ep for "Second Chances". If you saw the scene in the lab, then I've said enough

Work Text:

Title: Very, Very Gay Club

Author: Perpetual Motion

Fandom: Crossing Jordan

Pairing: Woody/Nigel

Summary: Post-ep for "Second Chances". If you saw the scene in the lab, then I've said enough.

Archive: WWOMB, RS, my site, my lj (perpet_fic).

Disclaimer: Lies, damned lies, and Wisconsin boys.

Author's Notes: For Scribe, for freaking so beautifully. For Julian, for writing it first. And for Miriam, may she see the light and let Nigel play with Woody the next time she writes.

 

Very, Very Gay Club
By Perpetual Motion

 

"What the hell were you thinking?"

Nigel glanced over from his beer with the beginnings of a leer on his face. "It was just a bit of fun."

Woody sat next to Nigel and ordered a beer and a shot. "Fun? Fun. Leering and backing me against a wall is fun?!"

"A wall, yes. Backing you against the door was strategic. It allowed you to escape. I thought you'd appreciate the help."

"That's your idea of help?" Woody threw his shot back. He could feel NIgel's eyes on his throat. "How do you hinder?"

Nigel slid his hand from his own knee to Woody's. "Scarves, handcuffs, whatever you're up for."

"You're impossible."

"But I'm cute."

Woody was tempted to roll his eyes, but he couldn't do it when Nigel gave him a full-out grin. "You're very bad for me."

"Am I, now?"

"You are."

Nigel took a drink of his beer. "Do tell."

"I'm a Wisconsin farm boy. I'm a corn-fed, white bread, Wisconsin farm boy."

"That's very poetic."

Woody did roll his eyes at that. "The point is, I was brought up with a sense of decorum. I'm not supposed to want to grab some pseudo-punk British guy and kiss him while he's backing me against a wall-"

"Door."

"Whatever. The point is, I'm not a PDA kind of guy, but I want to be with you." Woody watched the heat rise in Nigel's eyes and shifted on his bar stool. He waited for Nigel to say something.

"You know," Nigel rubbed his thumb back and forth on Woody's leg; "saying such things could land you in the very, very gay club."

"I know."

"Are you sure you're ready for that?"

"I'll admit, it doesn't fit into my squeaky clean white bread world, not even close, but I think I left that back in Wisconsin." Woody took a deep breath and looked Nigel straight in the eye. "And I want whatever skewd world I can get with you in Boston."

Nigel's grin was very soft and warm. "Then, you'll have it."

"Okay. Good. Glad that's settled." Woody picked up his beer with one hand and placed his other on top of Nigel's. "And for the record, I prefer scarves. Handcuffs are way to cliche for a cop."

"I'll keep that in mind."

 

end