Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
740
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
4
Hits:
1,205

Latest Developments

Summary:

Is Nick seeing someone? How are things going? Why does Grissom care

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Title: Latest Developments 1(working title ? subject to change)

Author: Shanyle

Email: rueful_anarchy@yahoo.com

Fandom: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Pairing: Nick/OMC, later: Nick/Gil??

Rating: PG, for this part. Leading to NC-17

Status: WIP

Archive: just let me know where they're going.

Feedback: I live off it. It is one of my main motivations to keep writing a story. So if you want more, let me know.

Series/Sequel: it will be. This is the beginning

Disclaimer: if they were mine? things would be a lot weirder and less dressed.

Spoilers: None.

Summary: Is Nick seeing someone? How are things going? Why does Grissom care?

Author's note: this may be subject to some revising if I think I can word areas better and the title may change. If it does, I'll probably just change the title and call it part two in the series.

Warnings: Slash.

 

Latest Developments

by Shanyle

Grissom was walking through the halls of the building that housed everything and everyone that made this lab the best. Grissom was counting his blessings about working with such a great group of people when the sound of laughter reached his ears. Pausing in mid- step, Grissom found himself investigating more closely.

At the front desk was Nick Stokes and an unfamiliar man standing closely and talking in low voices. The man was taller, about six feet, two inches, well built. The man's hair was light brown and he had a nice tan, not too dark and a unique nose that he was sure would have looked bad on anyone else but this man.

Something was said again that made Nick laugh heartily. The man in front of Nick was beaming and shifting his weight to the other foot, subtly moving closer. Nick's back remained against the front desk; they were at the end of the vast stainless steel reception desk, staying out of the way of the secretary who was going back and forth paying the two men no mind.

Grissom's head tilted slightly in consideration of the body language between his colleague and the stranger. The body language was simple to read if you really looked. The man had shifted closer to Nick, Nick acknowledge the movement and opened himself up more by uncrossing his legs at the ankle, also standing straighter. The conversation went on for a bit before the man upped the ante. Moving in closer the man bent slightly and talked into Nick's ear. Nick chuckled and his arms uncrossed themselves and he rested his elbows on the counter top behind him.

Grissom was surprised at conclusions he drew. Nick and this man were flirting, albeit it would have been missed by anyone just walking by, but Grissom had stopped and watched and analyzed and had come up with? flirting. Grissom was taken out of his musings when he heard Catherine's voice. Looking up again, Nick was now talking to Catherine and introducing her to the stranger. Catherine smiled brightly and shook that man's hand before turning to Nick and saying something quickly. Nick nodded and let out a visible sigh. Goodbyes were said to the man who waved prior to heading out the door.

Nick grabbed a white plastic bag from off the counter that had been previously overlooked by Grissom and head down the hall in front of him. Catherine tucked a folder under her arm and was on her way over to Grissom.

"Who were you and Nick talking to?"

Catherine smiled. "That was Nick's new friend, Ben. He's a doctor." Catherine let the last sentence pass her lips with a light teasing tone coloring it. Grissom raised an eyebrow wondering what being a doctor had to do with anything.

"Are he and Nick dating?"

Catherine let her eyebrow climb up her forehead some as she looked at him with a thin layer of surprise. "So I'm not the only one?" Grissom shook his head. "I didn't think so. I mean, I've seen this Ben guy a couple of times, this is the first time I've officially met him, but apparently Nick and he have been hanging out for a little while now. They just came back from lunch. Every time I've seen them, they're always laughing and flirting. I was wondering if it was just me, `cause you know, it's Nick."

"Self proclaimed Ladies' Man."

"Exactly." Grissom gave a small `hmm' before turning and walking away.

 

******************************
END PART 1

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Shanyle.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.