Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
725
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
1,642

A Worthwhile Moment

Summary:

Small scene set just after Lion-O's Anointment, 4th Day: Trail of Mind Power.

Work Text:

Panthro knew how tired Tygra would be after the trial of mind power. After the Sword of Omens alerted the other Thundercats back at Cat's Lair of Lion-O's victory, Panthro took the thunder tank out to pick Tygra up. Twenty minutes later, he found Tygra where Lion-O left him, resting in the rocky terrain where Tygra and Lion-O fought.

Panthro pulled up near Tygra and jumped out. He crouched next to Tygra and put a hand on his shoulder. "Tygra."

Tygra had his head back. He looked at Panthro. "Lion-O did well." He sounded proud yet drained.

Panthro nodded. "It's tough to face one's fears. He's become a man we can be proud of." He chuckled. "At first, I wasn't sure if he could beat you."

Tygra smiled wryly. "I threw everything I had at him. He earned today's victory."

"And the mutants didn't make it easier on either of you." Panthro paused and bared his teeth. "Thanks to you, none of them will be able to trust their eyes for the next couple weeks."

Tygra found the energy to smirk. "Slythe will be seeing the Thundercats signal in his nightmares."

And for that, Panthro's mate deserved a reward. He pulled one of Tygra's arms across his shoulders and wrapped his own around Tygra's waist. "Come on. Let's get you back to Cat's Lair."

Tygra's sore body protested when Panthro helped him to stand. The world spun and he squeezed his eyes shut. "Panthro," he sighed.

Panthro gave Tygra a reassuring squeeze and then helped him to the thunder tank. "I know."

Tygra was so exhausted that he fell asleep on the way home. Panthro parked in the garage under the cat's paw. Then he turned and saw the lines from the strain on Tygra's face. "Sometimes, I think that mind power is more trouble than it's worth," he muttered.

Panthro gently shook Tygra's shoulder. "We're here."

Tygra opened his eyes with a grunt. "Okay." He managed to get out of the thunder tank on his own but he swayed on his feet. "I wonder what my clan did to be cursed with this," he said wearily.

Panthro put an arm around Tygra and took most of his weight. "You'll feel better once you get some rest."

Thankfully, Cheetara and Snarf kept Wily-Kit and Wily-Kat occupied so they couldn't bombard Tygra with their inevitable questions. Panthro got him to their room without anyone seeing. "We may have save you from the inquisition for the time being," Panthro said half seriously. "But don't think that you can avoid it forever. The twins didn't know about your mind power before..."

Tygra sat on the edge of their bed. "...and now they're curious about it."

Panthro went to the filled water pitcher sitting on a small table against the far wall. "Exactly." He poured a glass for Tygra and brought it to him.

Tygra took the water and gratefully drank it. He smiled. "I'll be happy to answer their questions. Later."

Panthro sat next to Tygra and rubbed his back. Tygra leaned against him and he caught the empty glass as Tygra was about to drop it. "You need to get some sleep."

Tygra yawned. "Stay with me a while."

Panthro hugged Tygra and kissed the top of his head. "Where else am I going to go?"

They stretched out together. Panthro pulled Tygra into his arms and Tygra rested his head on his shoulder. Panthro ran his fingers through the soft fur behind Tygra's neck.

Tygra purred quietly in contentment. His eyes slid shut. At that moment, the only things that mattered were Panthro's warmth and Panthro's steady heartbeat in his ears.

Panthro heard Tygra's breathing even out as Tygra fell into a deep sleep. He continued stroking Tygra's neck. He enjoyed the silence and just being able to hold Tygra close until sleep claimed him as well.