Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
837
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
6
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
965

Indian Summer

Summary:

“It's hot as hell, honey, in this room/Sure hope the weather will break soon� - Electrical Storm - U2
[Mac/Stella/Danny]

Work Text:

Pairing: Mac/Stella/Danny
Disclaimer: The characters portrayed in this fic are not mine. I do not claim to own them or to have created them. I am merely playing with them. Lyrics used belong to Bono

Authors Note: Inspired by 'Electrical Storm' by U2 and the weather as of late. Not beta'd. All mistakes are mine.

 

Indian Summer

The sweat trickled down Mac's back, making his shirt stick that little bit more to his skin. The air was heavy and stale in the elevator, pushing at him from all angles. He rolled his eyes to the ceiling and sighed, adding to the hot air around him. He reached up and loosened his tie, un-doing the top button of his shirt in an attempt to cool off. Nether made any difference.

The elevator came to a halt, and Mac let out a sigh of relief as the doors slid open to reveal his floor. He stepped out and walked down the hall towards his apartment, fishing his keys out from his trouser pocket. He glanced at his watch and winced; it was nearly 3am. They certainly weren't going to happy with him. He slid the keys into the lock and opened his door, stepping into his apartment.

The first thing he noticed was that it was cooler in there than it was out in the corridor. He quietly closed the door and walked into the living room, placing his keys on the side. The apartment was quiet; the only noise he could hear was the hum of the traffic down below. All the windows were open, he noticed. He smiled and shook his head, knowing that both of them had probably been bitching to each other about the weather. Lord knows they had been doing it all day.

He walked down the hall to the bedroom, unbuttoning his shirt on the way. The door was wide open, letting the air circulate in there as well. He stood in the doorway and smirked at the two people on the bed. The bed sheets and their clothes were in a pile on one side of the bed, looking like they had been thrown there. The only things that were on the bed were the naked bodies of his two lovers and their pillows. Both of them were on their front, Danny on the right side of the bed and Stella in the middle, with their heads turned toward each other. Stella's leg was bent across Danny's ass, and Danny's hand cradled her shoulder, but those were the only points at which they were touching. Stella sighed and shifted slightly in her sleep, but neither of them woke. Mac smiled at them and then made his way to the bathroom.

He stripped off his clothes and stepped under the freezing cold spray of the shower. He had the urge to moan out loud, but he bit his lip in case he woke one of his partners. It had been one of the hottest Indian Summers on record, and one of the longest. The oppressing heat had been going on for two weeks, and had shown no sign of breaking yet. Work was getting harder for them, because bodies were decomposing quicker than normal under the extreme heat. Mac sighed and closed his eyes, savouring the cold water beating down on his back and washing away the sweat and grime.

He turned off the shower and got out, grabbing and towel and quickly rubbing himself dry. He didn't bother with clothes; he just made his way back to the bedroom and carefully lay beside his lovers. Stella shifted and reached out a hand to him, which he took. He kissed her shoulder and whispered for her to go back to sleep. His only reply was a sigh.

Mac smiled and sighed. He watched as a sweat drop slowly made its way down the middle of Stella's back, its path meandering and lazy. He followed it, his fingers dancing across her skin making random patterns and nonsense words. Her breathing remained steady and she didn't wake.

"You're late." said the low, husky voice from the other side of the sleeping woman. Mac smiled, but didn't stop his fingers.

"I'm sorry," Mac said, keeping his voice low. "I got tied up."

"Mm...next time we'll drag you home. And it won't be the paperwork you'll be tied to."

Mac chuckled, "I look forward to it."

"Love you."

"Love you too."

"I love you both." Stella sighed. Mac and Danny looked at her, but she didn't say anything else. She was still asleep. Danny and Mac snorted and kissed her, Danny on the lips and Mac on the back of the neck.

After that was silence, the Indian summer heat enveloping them in its cocoon as they slept.

-x-

Reviews, anyone?