Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
419
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
4
Hits:
1,092

La Vida Loca 8: Fireworks & Dead Animals

Summary:

PART OF: La Vida Loca (Sequel to Snow Day)
RATING: PG
CLASSIFICATION: Buffy/Riley, Willow/Graham, Spike/Cordelia, Xander/Anya, Angel/Kate, mentions of Willow/Oz
SUMMARY: A Fourth of July picnic has one interesting guest.
SPOILERS: Set in an AU, but season 4 BtVS and season 1 A:tS spoiled, especially A:tS's season finale.
DISTRIBUTION: Any sites with my fic up; you all have unspoken permission. I write it, you can post it. Everyone else just keep my name on it and let me know.
DISCLAIMER: If you don't recognize it, chances are it's my own creation. If you do, Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, Kazui Sandollar, FOX and the WB own it or them. Various friends of mine are holding characters hostage. You may see them by appointment only.
FEEDBACK: Sorry I'm not home right now I'm walking in the spiderwebs so leave a message and I'll call you back...in other words, I want it. Don't care if it's onlist or not.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Yes, I finally wrote more! I'm going back and working on old series, hoping to finish a few off. This will be story 8 out of a 13 story series...And don't worry; I'm sending it to all these lists now, but the ships not shown in this part will be shown by the next one. So in the next part, there will be Spike/Cordy, Buffy/Riley and Angel/Kate.
Submitted through the 'YG deleted' All-About-Cordy mailing list. Please join us at AllAboutCordy

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

La Vida Loca 8: Fireworks & Dead Animals
by Ragna

"It's the Fourth of July," Anya said, dragging Xander to Joyce's backyard. There was going to be a party, and in the evening, everyone was going to watch the fireworks.

Or at least that had been the plan.

Xander shook his head. "Don't wanna go," he said, standing as firm as he could.

"Why not? Everyone's going to be there, even Spike and Angel."

"So? I don't want to go."

Anya sighed. Her boyfriend could be a real pill sometimes. "What is it about a celebration that includes fireworks and dead animals roasted on a barbecue grill that yo *don't* like? It's free food."

Even those two words failed to perk Xander up. "I'm going to stay in there."

"Fine!" Anya said, giving up and leaving Xander at the backyard gate. He turned and went into the house, shutting the door quietly behind him. He wasn't in the mood for company, and maybe no one would be able to tell if he went upstairs and just slept all day.

"Who's there?"

No such luck.

"Spike, it's Xander," he said.

"Avoiding your bird too, eh?" he said from the living room. Xander walked over cautiously, and was surprised to see not only Spike but Angel, Riley, Graham and Forrest sitting around watching TV.

"No, more like avoiding the other guest." Xander sat down, looking at the TV with a frown on his face. Then he looked at Graham. "You don't care that Oz is back, and he's here at the barbecue?"

"Oh, I care all right, but I'm staying in here until I can figure out what to do," he said quietly. "It's not often your girlfriend's ex-boyfriend comes back after a long absence. And doesn't know if she still cares for him."

"Hey, Darla came back from the dead," Angel said, raising his mug of blood. "So I have some experience with that...except I have no feelings for Darla, except contempt. And maybe hatred."

"And let's not forget pity," Spike added, sipping from his mug.

"Yeah, pity's somewhere in there."

Riley and Forrest looked at each other. "Are you feeling some sort of lost feeling here?" Forrest asked.

"A little," Riley said. "I know who Oz is, but who's Darla?"

"Yeah, and since I don't know, who's Oz?" Forrest piped in.

"Well, Darla's my sire," Angel said. "I killed her after she hurt Joyce, way back when I first met Buffy."

"And Oz is---" Xander began.

"Right here."

 

TBC

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Ragna.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.