Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2006-05-29
Words:
659
Chapters:
2/2
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,230

Lean On Me

Summary:

Fandom: ER
Pairing: Kerry/Abby
Submitted through the FanFicHurtComfort mailing list.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Page 1

Chapter Text

Lean on Me
by divine miss m

Part One

Dr. Kerry Weaver walked down the hall of the ER, palms sweating and heart pounding. She had never been so scared in her whole life. She had to find someone to go with her to the conference. There was a lot of quipment that needed to be lugged around, and she couldn't do it all by herself with her bad hip.

So she needed an assistant.

But what she really wanted was some company.

She hated travelling alone. You had to sit on the plane by yourself, first of all, another thing which she hated to do. If her hip were to start cramping, which it usually did, she didn't want to have to ask for a strangers help.

And then there were the pity looks the hotel clerks gave you when they found that you had a large suite rented, and you were staying in it all alone.

But so far no one she had asked could go, they were all too "busy". And she really hated to ask, because she could tell that some of them were making it up, and that really hurt her.

And then there had been Frank.

She had just now escaped from Frank. He had been a last resort, yes, but still she had had to ask....and he had exploded on her.

In the middle of everyone.

She could still hear him. "I'm not your man servant!" And then he got a gleam to his eye. "Why don't you go get a WOMAN, because that's what you like, isn't it Doctor?"

She had crutches away as fast as she was able, and was now on her way to the locker room. Upon reaching the door she had to grope for the handle, so blurry were her eyes with tears. She felt her way over to the window, leaing all of her weight onto it. She stares out to the sky, finally letting the tears flow freely.

TBC