Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2006-06-01
Words:
935
Chapters:
2/2
Comments:
2
Kudos:
21
Hits:
1,229

Thoughts and songs

Summary:

Mac is a formal party and he thinks about his boss. And dances with him. Please be kind this the first story i've posted

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Save the last dance

Chapter Text

MacGyver hated these formal shindigs. His ideal of dressed up was a button up shirt, buttoned all the way up, nice pants, and his black tennis shoes. For this thing, Pete had wanted him in a suit and tie so he here he was in a suit and tie. He was watching everyone dance and the house band was playing the old standards. Well, he was mostly watching Pete. The man could dance really well and he had charmed some pretty lady onto the dance floor with him. Mac was kind of shocked by the bolt of jealously that surged through him. He knew that Pete was the only steady influence in his life and his closest friend. Although Mac was one of those people to confront his feelings, the realization that he had fallen in love with his best friend, kind of shocked him. Mac wasn't one to just let his feelings go. Once the song was over he walked over to Pete.
He heard the girl laughing, it made him wince but he controlled it quickly.
"Heya Pete! Can I butt in?"
Pete turned to face Mac,
"Sure. Mac, this is Jenny. Jenny, this is MacGyver."
"How's it goin'?"
The band started to play the next song, it was "Save the Last Dance for Me" and Mac felt it fit. With that thought, he grabbed Pete and pulled him onto the floor with him.
"Mac! What are you doing?!"
"I figured you would say no if I asked you so I just grabbed you. Dance with me."
Pete heard the quiet please afterwards.
"All right, just this once. You dressed nice for me."
With that Pete put his hand around Mac's waist. Mac let out a small laugh and put his hand on Pete's shoulder. Mac started to sing quietly but loud enough for Pete to hear him.
"Laugh and sing, but while we're apart.
Don't give your heart to anyone
But don't forget who's takin' you home
And in whose arms you're gonna be
So darlin' save the last dance for me
Baby don't you know I love you so
Can't you feel it when we touch?
I will never ever let you go
I love you oh so much."
They danced in silence for the rest of the song and just before they split, Mac whispered to him,
"I meant it just so you know."
With that Mac left a very confused Peter Thornton behind him. Is Mac really in love with me? Pete walked back to Jenny after scanning the room for Mac but saw he was gone. Jenny started to tease him about Mac and many of the other guests were still staring at him but he didn't notice either because Mac was consuming his thoughts. Is Angus MacGyver really in love with me?