Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warnings:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
948
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
9
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,180

I Love You

Summary:

It was the worst day of my life and it didn't get any better with the fed's showing up. HEAVY SPOILERS FOR One of Our Own SEASON FINALE! Ryan x Aaron

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Disclaimer: I do not own CSI: Miami. It is owned by Bruckheimer Productions. This is a not-for-profit story for entertainment purposes only.

Warning: Male/Male homosexual relationships! If you are uncomfortable with this then why are you reading it?

Jodine16: I was watching the finale and I couldn't help but watch Ryan throughout the entire episode and BAM! This came to mind. Enjoy!

_ . + * * + . _ . + * * + . _ . + * * + . _

I Love You

Ryan's P.O.V.

Clutching the pillow close to me, I stared at the picture of me and my now-deceased lover. Today has probably been the worst day of my life. Watching his pained expression as he was propelled forward by the blast of the grenade -with the knowledge that I couldn't do anything- almost killed me.

It was painfully hard to keep a blank expression and not break down in front of everyone as Calleigh and I processed the scene.

"How well did you know Jessop?" She had asked, while I stared at his badge which had been torn off in the explosion.

"He was, uh, he was starting patrol when I was leaving," I replied shortly.

"Hope it was over fast," Calleigh murmured, indicating the grenade explosion.

"Yep," I said, clearly indicating I didn't want to talk about it. Thankfully, she got the hint and didn't press the subject.

The day was just getting started and it wasn't getting any better. The feds decided today was a great day to find out who the mole of the alb was. When they inquired about my eye, I snapped. Leaving, I found Cooper and gave that idiot a real piece of my mind. If it weren't for Calleigh breaking us up, I would have slugged his face into the wall.

Heh, funny I should say 'breaking us up' because that's exactly what Cooper did with me almost eight months ago when he started working at the lab. We had been together a few months before that, but he broke it off, saying that there was someone else. Well, that someone else turned out to be one of the cute lab girls from the night shift.

Bastard.

The feds looked ready to arrest me after my outburst with Cooper plus the fact that I was the last one to handle the money. Of course, I used my wise CSI skills and found powder from powered latex gloves on the package, stating that the feds ought to be looking at a different lab.

By the end of the day I was ready to tear my short hair out, go home, crawl into bed, and die.

But, first I had one more thing to do, before I left the lab: pay my respects to Aaron.

Staring down at his face -the right side burned- my eyes started to swell up with tears. It wasn't fair. Aaron was only doing his job. That bastard shouldn't have panted that damn grenade. Sighing, I put his badge on his chest and closed the drawer. I headed out of the lab and to my car.

When I got home, I realized that there was no way I was going to be able to sleep, eat, and live under that roof without remembering Aaron. We have only been living in this house for roughly 6 weeks, as sleeping at each other's houses was becoming a bit of a nuisance.

Grabbing his pillow after entering our bedroom, I hugged it tightly, as the tears I had been holding back all day fell.

 

_ . + * * + . _ . + * * + . _ . + * * + . _

Aaron's Funeral

 

I stared at Aaron's coffin as it was slowly lowered into the ground. I was so caught up in my grief I didn't hear anyone walking up to me until they spoke.

"Are you the man that was dating my son?" Startled, I glanced up to see his parents standing next to me.

Turning my attention back to Aaron's grave, I murmured, "Yes."

Mrs. Jessop walked up to me, hugging me tightly, before pulling away, to give me some space. "I'm so sorry you had to see him die. If there's anything we can do for you-"

I held a hand up. "No, you guys being here is probably the best thing you can do, you know?"

She nodded. "Well, if you need to talk or anything, don't hesitate to give me or Richard a call." I gave them a tight smile and they left to talk to a relative.

"So, you and Aaron were in a relationship?" I tensed visibly, looking over to see Horatio calmly watching me, his sunglasses in hand.

I straightened up, my eyes going cold as I stared him square in the eye. I wasn't in the mood for any homophobic remarks of any kind, so I got to the point. "If that's going to be a problem then I'll be out of your lab by next shift."

"There's no need to get hostile, Ryan," Horatio said gently. "I'm just a little surprised you to were together, that's all."

I looked away, a wave of exhaustion washing over me. "We were dating for eight months," I said softly.

"Would you like some time off?"

I thought for a moment. As much as I didn't want to miss work, I knew I was going to need more time than what my days off provided to move out of myâ€"our house. "Um, yeah if that's not too much trouble?"

Horatio gave me a small smile. "No, it'll be quite alright."

I nodded. "Thank you." I threw the rose I'd been carrying with me into Aaron's grave, whispering softly, "I love you, Aaron."

Turning, I left the funeral, never looking back.

 

_ . + * * + . _ . + * * + . _ . + * * + . _

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Jodine16.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.