Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
416
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
920

Promises

Summary:

Rating: PG
Disclaimer: I don't own them.
Type: PG rated Slash (trust me!) bit- Missing scene- Post Ep
Fandom: CSI: LV
Summary: Not what it looks like, trust me. After the last 30 seconds of the show. spoilers.
Author's Notes: Had to do my part before I read anyone else's.
SPOILERS!!!! CSI:LV/PostEp: Way to Go
Warnings; discussions of 3 men in a relationship. A triad, but no sex.
Submitted through the Crime_Scene_Investigation_Slash mailing list.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Promises
by Tamy

"I'm not ready to let you go," Sara declares, crouching next to her bed, reaching for me.

Gently, I take her hand, sitting up, I pull her to me in a hug. Softly, I whisper to her "I will be here for as long as I can." She knows I make no promises. I never have. I have only promised to be there for her, for as long as I can, ever since the time she was suspended. I thought we'd lost her then. She started drinking again. With a lot of help, giving her hope, she got cleaned up, she's been sober for a couple years now. Every day is a challenge, and I need to show her she's not alone.

I stand up, slide her robe off. Clad in her nightshirt, she looks so young, so childlike. I pull the covers back on the bed, and lay her under them. Pulling them to her chin, I sit with her until she falls asleep.

I stand carefully, trying not to disturb her. She has so many nightmares, and has no one to take care of her. I bend over and give her a kiss to her temple. She smiles in her sleep, softly I hear her "thanks, poppa. Love you."

I hear the door quietly opening, the soft padding of feet on the carpet. A kiss to the back of my neck, and arms around my waist help to ground me. "Love you, too, little one," I whisper back. I turn into the arms holding me, allowing him to lead me back out into the living room. I sit in the center of the sofa, he sits next to me. A glass comes into view, I look up and take it, "thanks Greg." Greg shrugs, sitting next to me. I feel them waiting. As I sip the ginger ale, four hands massage my back and arms, not very hard, just slowly and softly. Just letting me know they are there.

As I relax, I feel the dam starting to break. With a sob, I turn to the man on my left, one word is all he needs, and he holds me tight... "Nicky"... so much behind that one name. Comfort, strength, non-judgmental. Greg puts his arms around me from behind. He rests his face on my back, small kisses between my shoulders.

As I weep for everything we have lost, nearly lost, and also found, I feel...a promise.

End

Tamy
05-19-06

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Tamy.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.