Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
725
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
1,020

Presents Interlude 1: The Hunt

Summary:

Kirk is on the hunt.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Disclaimer: I don't own the Stargate Atlantis universe. If I did, I wouldn't be here writing about it when I could be there, enjoying it. I'm not making any money off this story either, much to my disappointment.

I would like to thank Isis for her help on this. Thanks!

...................

PRESENTS INTERLUDE: THE HUNT

By Betsanne

...................

Green eyes tracked his prey. He had been waiting, silently in the shadows for this very moment. He'd been tracking his prey for most of the day. Following it quietly wherever it went, learning it, smelling it, waiting, anticipating. Soon it would be time to end the hunt.

He froze as his prey passed by him, his body quivered in the darkness. He silently followed his prey, making sure to stay in the shadows. He stopped as the object of his desire walked into the light. He waited, staring around at his surroundings. He could do this. He could hunt in the light. He didn't need to hide in the darkness. He needed to get his prey. He hungered to end the hunt. Taking a careful step forward, he stopped and waited, warily listening for anything out of the ordinary. Taking another step, he crept closer to his prey.

A sudden burst of chaotic noise caused him to freeze. He looked around wildly, trying to find what made the noise. His eyes widened as he realized that there were more prey. He almost backed away, but he couldn't. He needed to end the hunt. He had waited all day for this very moment. Weaving past the large obstacles, he climbed up slowly onto the hard, slick surface. His body tensed as he found his prey. He could feel the power of his body as it prepared to pounce. Waiting, watching, anticipating...he pounced.

"Ahhhh..." a voice screamed out, terrified. There was a loud scraping noise and a chair was thrown across the room. The sounds of cursing were heard and a loud yelled, "McKay!" rang throughout the room.

There was a loud hissing noise and an indignant meow followed by a dull thump. "My baby! Ronon, you bohemian, don't hurt my baby!" was yelled out in anger.

John stared at his teammate, bemused. Ronon was someone who ran from the Wraith for years with nary an injury, he was the one who could look a Wraith in the eye and didn't blink, the man who was cool under pressure and made it look good. Hell, the man had a gun bigger than his di...er...right. Anyway, that very same man was bouncing around the mess hall with a small hissing kitten perched on his head, cursing and screaming in terror. Ronon finally caught Kirk, pulled him off his hair, and bellowed in pain as the kitten hissed and scratched him. Ronon let go of the kitten and it fell onto the table, where it sat down after a final hiss and looked smug. With a small grunt, the kitten began to lick his paws nonchalantly. John had to admire the kitten's moxy. Normal creatures were afraid of Ronon, but then again, Kirk was a demon spawn.

The look that Ronon gave the kitten made John glad that it wasn't directed towards him. It was deadly. With a growl at McKay, the kitten and the room in general, Ronon turned and stomped out of the mess hall. McKay was cooing over his kitten, praising it for putting Ronon in his place. John shook his head. Rodney and his kitten were crazy.

The room was silent before a low chuckle was heard. That seemed to be the catalyst and the room erupted into laughter. John was glad that Ronon had left gone or else he didn't think that anyone would've survived the man's wrath.

John chuckled. He looked at the kitten, which still looked smug, and his shook his head. This was the third time that Ronon had been jumped by the kitten. Nothing could stop him from hunting Ronon. It was as if Kirk knew that Ronon was terrified of him. John had to admit, it made for some wonderful entertainment. He couldn't wait to see what tomorrow brought.

Kirk purred as his pet, McKay, cuddled him. He was gazing towards the door. His eyes narrowed; tomorrow....he would get his prey tomorrow. Oh yes...he would.

The End.

...................

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author betsanne.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.