Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationships:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2007-05-10
Words:
30,330
Chapters:
17/17
Comments:
5
Kudos:
41
Bookmarks:
12
Hits:
15,279

Visiting Family can Be Hazardous to your health

Summary:

Fandom: House, M.D., Hercules:The Legendary Journeys, Xena:WP with mention of NCIS and Spy Game
Genre: Slash
Pairings: Ares/Joxer/Hades, House/Wilson/Chase, Cupid/Strife, Bliss/Asclepius
Rating: FR-T, no actual sex, but mentions of adult relationships
Warning: MPREG
Series/Sequel: Part of my Greta universe
Archive: Joxerotica, WWOMB, Beyond Canon
Synopsis: Greta was stuck in New Jersey because of a diverted flight. She thought visiting her great-nephew would an easy way to pass the time. How little she knew.
AN: Here there be Cuddy bashing.
Submitted through the Makebelieve_YG mailing list.

Chapter 1: Page 1

Chapter Text

Visiting Family can Be Hazardous to your health
by Josette Grover

"Hello people," Dr. Gregory House smirks as he enters the diagnostics consultation room, leaning on his cane as he limps across the room.

"And why are you so cheerful this morning?" Foreman asks from his usual spot. "I heard Cuddy's hiding in her office."

"That's because she and I heard I'm expecting a guest later today. And Our Dear Dr. Cuddy has had some run-ins with my guest, and lost." House smirks. "So she's hiding in her office hoping we'll both go away."

"Who is this mystery guest that's got her running scared?" Cameron asks. "After all, she's used to putting up with you, after all?"

"Ah, but this person makes me look almost nice. . ." House purrs. "And they're from a company that makes rather large donations to the hospital so she has to be on her best behavior."

"Who is this person and will we have a chance to meet them?" Chase asks from where he's leaning against the wall as James Wilson opens the door, leans in, and smirks at House.

"Shhhhhheeeeee'sssss heeerrrreeeee." He announces in a bad imitation of the girl from Poltergeist.

"Who's here?" Chase asks.

"The representative from Dayton Industries, who also happens to be my Great-Aunt Greta." House smirks.

"Did House just say his Great-Aunt Yetta?" Chase asks as a smirking House leaves the room.

"No," Wilson says smirking, "House said his Great-Aunt Greta, the only person in the world Cuddy is scared of."

"Scared of?" Cameron asks in disbelief.

"Let me rephrase that, terrified of." Wilson smirks, "Greta does not put up with crap, Cuddy didn't know that when they first met, pulled her usual act on her, and Greta yanked funding for her pet project right under her nose. Cuddy had to do a lot of ass kissing to get that money back."

"Hello Ms. Logan, nice to see you again," House purrs as he walks out of the elevator, finding Greta waiting in the lobby. "Hay brat," he says., wrapping his arms around her in a hug.

"Hello, Gregory." Greta smirks. "Where's Cuddy? She can't be afraid of little old me, can she?" Greta snickers.

"Actually, I believe she said she had some urgent business to attend to." House says, leading them back to the elevator. "Since you're here, she has graciously allowed me to skip my clinic hours."

"Is she still making you do that?" Greta rolls her eyes as they enter the elevator. "That woman has got to get the hint someday."

"Hi James," Greta says, bending down so Wilson can kiss her forehead when she follows House into the diagnostic consultation room. "And these are your new torture vic, err. . . students?" Greta smirks at the Ducklings who stare in disbelief. This young woman, who can't be more than a teenager, is House's great-aunt and has sent Cuddy into hiding? The evil smirk she sends in their direction leaves no doubt in their mind that she's related to House.

"Yes, I'm his Great-Aunt, yes, he's older than I am, our family tends to have babies later. If you want to be nosy, he's my older brother's grandson." Greta snorts. "And yes, I can be just as scary as he is, we both inherited my dad's snarky attitude."

"Much to the rest of the family's discomfort." House smirks. "Family reunions tend to get rather testy if things aren't watched." Everybody looks over at Greta. "We tend to be very very blunt, and take no shit from anybody." She explains.

"So what are you doing in town?" Wilson asks.

"What, I can't spend some time visiting my favorite nephew and meet his new trainees?" Greta asks with her best innocent look, which doesn't fool House or Wilson for a second.

"Nope," they say in unison. "Greta, you and Unc 'Arry never just drop in on anybody. What's up?" House asks calmly. Just as House finishes speaking a siren begins going off outside in the hallway, and everybody can hear the doors automatically shutting and locking.

"What the hell?" Greta asks, looking around as Wilson immediately walks over to the door, looks out in the hallway and finds it deserted before shutting and locking the door behind him as House grabs the phone, getting Cuddy on the line.

"Cuddy, what the hell is going on? The biochemical siren just went off and we're in lock down." House says into the phone. He listens to the voice on the other end, grunting. "Okay, there's six people in here; Me, Wilson, Greta, and the ducklings."

"What's going on?"

"There was an accident in one of the labs. We're all being quarantined just in case. They're setting up a ward for the six of us until we can be cleared. Shouldn't e more than a week to ten days."

"You're fucking kidding me, right Greg?"

"Sorry Greta, but nope. You're stuck here with us. They're going to be bringing up some containment suits for us after they set up the ward. We're going to be on a course of antibiotics and vaccines just in case, and James and I are giving everybody physicals when we get inside the ward."

"Happy, happy, joy joy." Greta mumbles under her breath. "Guess I'd better call home and let them know not to expect me for a while." Greta grabs her cell phone from her hip, calling her father's private number. Steven Dayton immediately picks up the phone when it rings on the other end.

"Hello?"

"Hey Dad, it's me." Greta says.

"What did you do this time?"

"Why do you always assume I'm in trouble whenever I call?" Greta says in her most put-upon voice. House snickers in the background.

"Because you usually are in trouble whenever you call." Steven says calmly. "What's the matter this time?"

"I'm just letting you know not to expect me for a couple of weeks." Greta says. "I popped in to see Greg just as an accident happened at one of the hospital labs. We're currently under lock down and are going to be quarantined until further notice."

"Oh lovely, are the two of you alone?"

"Nope, there's four other people stuck here with us." Greta smirks, "James and Greg's Ducklings."

"Well, James is used to you and Greg's snarkiness, and if the others work with Greg, they should be used to it too. At least you're not stuck in quarantine with Cuddy."

"Thank you god for small favors," Greta says sourly. "Yes, there is that."

"Knowing you, you've got 29 million things to do in that shoulder bag of yours, so try to stay out of trouble." Steven orders, waving his husband into the room. "Greta's at Greg's hospital, there was a lab accident, and she's in quarantine with Greg, James, and Greg's ducklings."

"Only you Greta," Vernon says, rolling his eyes as he takes the phone. "How long do you expect to be stuck there?"

"A week or so, good thing I stopped and did laundry, stocked up on some new DVDS, and went to the bookstore before I came to bug Greg." Greta says, rolling her eyes as James taps her shoulder, standing before her with a containment suit. "Gotta go Dad, James wants me to get in one of those orange monkey suits so we can get settled in a ward for the next two weeks." Greta shuts off the phone and puts the suit on with James and Greg's help as the others suit up. Somebody in a suit checks their seals before motioning for them to follow him down the hall to the stairs.

They stand in the cleared icu ward, Greta allowing James and Greg to get her out of the gear before turning to the window where somebody in another suit is talking. A cart of supplies is shoved into the ward through an airlock and Chase grabs the cart, bringing it over to House.

"Okay everybody, grab a bed and get settled. We've can pull the curtains across that end of the room for Greta and Cameron so you've got some privacy. James or I will be over to give you an examination, put in a line, and start you on the antibiotics and other nice stuff. There's a couple of showers, Greta and Cameron can use that one, we'll take the one on the other end. I know it's going to be a long two weeks, try to make the best of it."

Greta settles on the bed on the end of the row, stretching out on the bed, which for one is big enough for her to sleep on comfortably, and laying back, her arms tucked behind her head as Cameron settles on a bed across from her. Cameron looks at the young woman across from her and smiles. "Well, this isn't how I expected to be spending the day." she says calmly.

"here neither, I just expected to come to the hospital, torment Cuddy, have fun annoying Greg, and head for a hotel for the night before I headed back home."

"Where had you been?"

"Attending a conference in San Diego the last three days. The flight to New York was diverted, so I thought 'hell with it, check up on the snarky one' for a few hours before I figure out how to get to New York. Dammit, I was looking forward to sleeping in my own bed for a change."

 

TBC