Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2006-07-26
Words:
1,832
Chapters:
2/2
Comments:
4
Kudos:
38
Bookmarks:
7
Hits:
6,535

Alone

Summary:

Website: no
Permission to archive: yes
Fandom(s): NCIS
Genre (slash)
Pairing/Characters: Tony/Gibbs
Rating:FRT-13
Summary: Missing scene from Hiatus pt.1
Warnings:sap, angst
Notes: I had the story in my head but was waiting for part two, then Nicky and Beth Christie just kept harping on it!! Lol
Acknowledgments: Happy Mother's Day to all you moms!!
Submitted through the NavyNCISslash2 mailing list.

Chapter 1: Page 1

Chapter Text

Alone
by Belladonna

Tony was brooding in the dark, watching Gibbs as he restlessly slept. Amnesia. Lovers for just a few short months, having Gibbs say 'I love you, Tony,' the first time just the week before, gone. Erased, by terrorists. It was so fucking unfair.

"Who are you?" came the gravelly voice from the bed.

Leaning forward slightly, Tony tried to smile reassuringly. "Hey Boss, I'm DiNozzo. I work for you."

"I don't remember you," Gibbs said.

Pain. Tony closed his eyes and sucked in an unsteady breath. "I know, and that's okay." He opened his eyes. "Do you need a nurse?"

A negative headshake was felt more than heard. Gibbs could be bleeding to death and never would admit it.

"Water?"

"Sure."

Tony got up and poured a little water from the carafe into the cup and gave it to Gibbs who drank it all before handing it back.

"Thanks."

"No problem," Tony said and sat back down.

"Why are you here?" Gibbs asked.

Swallowing a sob, Tony leaned forward, hanging his head down. "I figured since I couldn't sleep anyway I'd let Ducky take a break." Which wasn't the truth, he'd blackmailed Ducky into staying home and resting, using his rank which hadn't fooled the older man for a milisecond.

There was silence from the bed and Tony rasied his head. "Boss?" he asked and was rewarded by a quiet snore.

"Sleep tight, Caro mio," he whispered and leaned back in this chair to keep watch.

 

tbc after next week's episode