Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
264
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
898

Need and Pain

Summary:

Fandom: Boston Legal
Disclaimer: Not mine please don't sue me.
Rating: FRT for Alan's dirty thoughts
Pairing: Alan and Denny
Summary: Alan muses on Denny and his need for pain
Author's Note: This is a follow up to Hurt And Need, the story I posted yesterday. Denny Crane's Ghostwriter asked for one from Alan's POV. There might be a third story where the boys discuss their issues, if you are all interested. Enjoy and offer tons of feedback.
Submitted through the Boston_Legal_Slash mailing list.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Need and Pain
by Jania93

When Denny told me he didn't need me, I almost laughed in his face, because it didn't take a genius to see that the speech about hot fudge sundaes was a load of crap. But I let it pass and did the closing, because I'm a masochist in love.

When did it happen, I can hear you asking, and my honest answer would be that I don't know. One moment I was butting heads with a man who thought of nothing but himself, the next I was working at his firm and falling in love with him.

Most people would have gotten out the minute the words mad cow entered into the conversation, but not me. I live for each putdown, snide remark and sarcastic smile, because I need Denny to survive. Sad I know, but my need for Denny means the world to me and I won't give it up.

At the same time, I love pain, both physical and mental, and Denny caters to all my needs whether he realizes it or not. Every time he pushes me away it's like taking a breath of winter air or enjoying a fine Scotch in front of a warm fire. Still I can't help wondering what it would be like to hear the words "I love you Alan," from the lips of Denny Crane.

Then I get realistic and wait for the next biting word to fall from his lips, because after all need and pain seem to go hand in hand and I like it that way.

end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Jania93.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.