Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 33 of humorous Deathfic
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
314
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
1,189

humorous deathfics: Whoops I think we accidentally killed our scientific expert!!

Summary:

Fandom:CSI:NY/Mythbusters
Warning: Deathfic
Series/Sequel: Part of my humorous deathfics series
Archive: Beyond Canon, WWOMB, my deathfics page (upcoming)
Synopsis: Lindsay volunteers as a scientific expert on a television show filming in NY. Something happens while she's there.
AN: I'm watching Mythbusters right nhow, and the bunny bit me with a story idea. For the sake of this story, the gang is in New York filming for a special episode instead of California where they normally film.
Submitted through the Makebelieve_YG mailing list.

Work Text:

humorous deathfics: Whoops, I think we accidentally killed our scientific expert!!
by Josette Grover

"Okay Mr. Hyneman, Mr. Savage, can you please tell us what happened?" Mac asks, pinching his nose to ease the headache he'd had since he heard of the accidental death of one of his CSIs.

"We were doing an experiment, seeing if you really can be electrocuted by throwing a hair dryer in the bathtub. Ms. Monroe volunteered to help us with another experiment later that day. Unfortunately, there was slight accident involving that other experiment, we were trying to make killer quicksand. The tank exploded and Ms. Monroe was hit by a piece of debris and knocked out. She drowned in two inches of water and sand before we were able to reach her. We had paramedics on hand, but they were unable to revive her."

"Okay, that's what I thought you said." Mac says with a sigh.

"We really are sorry about Ms. Monroe's accidental death." Jamie says, standing up. "If there's anything we can do to help, please don't hesitate in calling us." Adam and Jamie leave the small room they'd met Mac Taylor in, watching as their team solemnly breaks down the set.

"Only Lindsay could die by drowning on solid ground." Mac mumbles, standing up and watching the people outside work. Danny stands beside him. "Well, for once I'm glad to say I lost out on a special assignment to Montana. I just hope that this doesn't make them think twice about continuing the show."

"You're a fan, Mr. Messer?" Jamie asks, overhearing the younger man's comments as he watches the last of the equipment be packed up.

"I am, I try to never miss a show. You guys are so funny."

"Thank you, it's nice to meet a fan."

Series this work belongs to: