Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 19 of humorous Deathfic
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
428
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
14
Hits:
1,634

humorous deathfic: Mac I've got good news and bad news

Summary:

Fandom: CSI:NY
Genre: Gen
Rating: FRC
Warning: DEATHFIC
Series/Sequel: Part of my humorous deathfic series
Archive: Beyond Canon, WWOMB, my humorous deathfic page (upcoming)
Synopsis: Sheldon has to explain how Lindsay died.
AN: This is the sequel to 'Are you saying an ice cube killed her?', because a lot of people told me that Sheldon had to tell Mac about Lindsay.
Submitted through the Makebelieve_YG mailing list.

Work Text:

humorous deathfic: Mac, I've got good news and bad news
by Josette Grover

Mac looks around the hotel, finding Sheldon heading his direction. The younger man must have been watching for him. Mac watches as an older man with a cane follows the stretcher carrying a young blond man towards the waiting ambulance.

"Sheldon, what happened? You called me and told me to get here as quickly as possible."

"Mac, you won't believe this. Hell," Sheldon says, rubbing a hand over his head. "I don't believe this, and I saw it all happen. I'm sorry to say this, but the db call you got from here is Lindsay."

"Lindsay, our Lindsay?" Mac asks, looking at the sheet covered body over Sheldon's shoulder.

"Yeah, I don't know what she was doing here. This is a medical convention, but I heard her voice when I was talking to Alexx Woods from Miami. The convention is holding their dinner at the restaurant, though they might have delayed it because of this."

"Sheldon." Mac says, holding Sheldon's shoulder and looking in his eyes. "What happened?"

"Lindsay was upset because the hotel restaurant was closed. Lindsay turned around and was heading somewhere when one of the hotel employees dropped a pitcher of ice water. She slipped on an ice cube, and began to fall down the stairs. She grabbed onto somebody to break her fall, they were able to grab him before he fell off the stairs, but she wasn't so lucky."

"The young man I saw being wheeled away?" Mac asks, watching the ambulance pull away.

"Right, the man who grabbed him dislocated his shoulder pulling him to safety.

"Okay, now what is the good news? You said that you had good news and bad news." Mac asks.

"You mean that wasn't the good news?" Danny asks, having arrived after Mac with the morgue crew and listened quietly to Sheldon's story. He smirks as the others look at him.

"Danny. . ." Mac says calmly, rolling his eyes at his friend. "Sheldon, the good news."

"You'll be able to give that CSI you found an interview now." Sheldon says, finally losing his battle with laughter. "And we won't have to listen to 'we don't have these in Montana' anymore in the labs.

"You've been hanging around Danny too long, Sheldon." Mac mutters, walking towards the sheet covered body. "Though, I do have to agree with Sheldon. What the hell were you doing here?"

end

Series this work belongs to: