Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
255
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
6
Hits:
1,139

Hurt and Need

Summary:

Fandom: Boston Legal
Pairing: Alan/Denny implied
Rating: FRT for language and naughty thoughts
Disclaimer: Not mine, please don’t sue or the pope will be after you.
Author’s Note: This came about after last night’s episode and is an attempt to get into Denny’s head a little bit. Enjoy and review!
Submitted through the Boston_Legal_Slash mailing list.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Hurt and Need
by Jania93

"I don't need you Alan. I don't need anybody," I told him, but at the same time I knew it wasn't true. I need Alan Shore more than I could ever say. But saying something like that out loud would ruin the Denny Crane image that I have spent years trying to build.

What was about this particular cocksure young lawyer that had me thinking things could be different, that I Denny Crane could be loved for myself and not just my money. Maybe it was his eyes, so hard and yet soft when he pursued a case that mattered to him.

Or maybe it was the fact that Alan was just as screwed up as I was, what with his night terrors and fear of clowns and the other shit he deals with on a daily basis. It makes me feel sane compared to him sometimes.

No matter what the reason is, I love and need Alan Shore so much I think I would have gone crazy just like Edwin Poole if he hadn't come into my life when he did. And is why I hurt him every chance I get, because if Alan knew how much I loved him, Denny Crane would never hear the end of it.

But I need you Alan, so godamm much that when I hurt you I hurt myself even more. And if you ever left me I would die of a broken heart. That's why need and hurt go hand in hand.

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Jania93.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.