Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
367
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,082

Brought Me Down

Summary:

RATING: PG
CLASSIFICATION: Cordelia/Lindsey
SUMMARY: After loosing everyone, they only have each other...
SPOILERS: Set in what I suppose would be an AU season 3.
DISTRIBUTION: Any sites with my fic up; you all have unspoken permission. I write it, you can post it. Everyone else just keep my name on it and let me know.
DISCLAIMER: If you don't recognize it, chances are it's my own creation. If you do, Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, Kazui Sandollar, FOX and the WB own it or them. Various friends of mine are holding characters hostage. You may see them by appointment only.
FEEDBACK: Sorry I'm not home right now I'm walking in the spiderwebs so leave a message and I'll call you back...in other words, I want it. Don't care if it's onlist or not.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: This is an answer to a weird challenge I put out, to sort of recreate a certain scene from "American Beauty" using BtVS characters. Here's my toss at the hat.
Submitted through the All-About-Cordy mailing list. This list can no longer approve new members posts, please join us at AllAboutCordy

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Brought Me Down
by Ragna (Obsessive-Compulsive Spike)

Cordelia sat in the corner of her apartment, crying. Things had been going so well, and now they were...

She had found one of the most depressing songs in the world and put it on, trying to let her depression seep out into a melancholy aura that surrounded her apartment. Annie Lennox's "Don't Let It Bring You Down" was perfect.

Lindsey was in the other room, and she was being careful not to wake him. They were the only two who had survived the vicious battle against Wolfram & Hart intact, the only two who had walked away unscathed. Wesley...he had a fifty-fifty chance. He was in the hospital now, but Cordelia just couldn't go see him.

She knew if she saw him, it'd be to say good-bye one final time.

"Cordelia?"

She looked up, seeing Lindsey standing in the doorway between the kitchen and the living room, holding a beer in his hand. The beer had been for her, so she could drink herself into a stupor and forget everything...the loss of Angel and Kate and Gunn, Wesley's slim chances of survival...

"Cordelia," he said again, moving towards her. Indicating the glass bottle in his hand, he said, "I was thirsty."

"Can I have some?" she asked quietly.

He nodded, moving towards her, as she headed towards him. They met in front of the window, moonlight cascading through the flimsy curtains. He took a swift drink, then handed her the bottle.

She took a drink, some of it dribbling down her chin. Lindsey moved his hand up to touch her cheek, gently wiping away the liquid. "I'm so sorry," he said gently.

Cordelia nodded, tears brimming from her eyes. "Why?"

"If I hadn't underestimated the firm, they wouldn't...we wouldn't..." Lindsey began, then gave up, pulling Cordelia into a rough embrace.

She pulled his face towards hers, tears running freely. "But we tried," she said in a choking sob. Lindsey and Wesley had been her lifelines in the last year, since Lindsey's defection. And now...

She kissed her lover softly, then with increasing passion, hoping that by doing so she could forget the horrors of that night.

end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Ragna.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.