Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 5 of humorous Deathfic
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
676
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
1,996

Humorous Deathfic: Don this is why we try to keep you off the cookies!

Summary:

Fandom: CSI:NY
Genre: Slash
Pairing: Danny/Mac/Don
Rating: FRT, for swearing
Warning: DEATHFIC
Series/Sequel: Part of my Humorous Deathfic series
Archive: Beyond Canon, WWOMB,.my deathfic page (coming soon)
AN: based on Ginny and Kathie's wonderful Don on a sugarhigh fics.
Synopsis: The gang has to deal with a sugar hyped Montana.
Submitted through the Makebelieve_YG mailing list.

Work Text:

Humorous Deathfic: Don, this is why we try to keep you off the cookies!
by Josette Grover

"Montana, stop that god awful caterwauling." Danny bellows from his spot at the microscope. "I'm trying to fucking concentrate here."

If anything, the singing from the next lab becomes louder and louder until it sounds like she's choking a chicken.

"One more word out of you Montana, and I'm taking that radio and hiding it on you." Stella bellows from the next lab. Sheldon and Mac, who had been off on a scene, come out of the elevator and blink at the sounds of screeching (Lindsay), swearing (Danny) and screaming when Stella stomps into the lab, yanks the plug on the radio, and storms out, Lindsay running behind the other woman.

"Give me back my radio."

"Shut the fuck up already then." Danny snaps from the open door of his lab. "Mac, make her stop. She's eaten at least a dozen cookies, drunk a couple gallons of coffee with a ton of sugar in it, and she's been screeching along to the radio for the last hour. I can't hear myself think in here."

"You're just jealous." Lindsay turns on Danny, weaving on her feet as she glares at him. "You guys just don't appreciate good singing when you hear it."

"Show me some good singing, I'll appreciate it." Danny says sourly when she turns her attention back to Mac, batting her eyelashes at him. "Mac, make them give me back my radio." She says sweetly.

"No, this is a lab, not a dance hall." Mac says, taking the evidence into Danny's lab. "And no singing, we could hear you down in the lobby. The prisoners were complaining about cruel and unusual punishment to their lawyers." Sheldon snickers as he walks behind Mac, smirking as Lindsay flounces off in anger.

"Thank you Mac, her screeching was giving me a headache." Don says, coming into the lab from the stairwell and heading for Mac's office. Mac looks at the pain on his lover's face and shakes out two aspirin for him. "Now I know why you and Danny complain about me eating too much sugar."

"Guys, watch your step in the hallway. A pipe busted in the ladies room and flooded the hallway before it could be shut off. Maintenance is coming up with mops to clean everything up, but they're going to be a while, they're fixing a short in the elevator wiring."

"What's the matter with the elevator?" Mac asks. "And how long is it going to be out of commission?"

"They figure it's going to be at least two or three hours, the elevator doors have been opening and shutting all day, without anybody touching the call buttons." A scream from the hallway has everybody running that direction.

Stella slides on the wet floor, Mac and Don automatically reaching out to steady her.

"What happened?" Mac asks the maintenance man who's staring at the open elevator doors.

"One of your people wanted to use the bathroom, she was upset when I told her the bathroom was closed because of a busted pipe and she'd have to find another bathroom. She got bad and started stomping off. She must have slipped, because her feet went out from under her and she slid all the way down the hall. The elevator doors opened just as she reached them, and bam, she went right through."

The others turn to look at the elevator, blinking when they see an . . . empty elevator shaft. Carefully walking down, they look down, seeing Lindsay's broken body at the bottom of the shaft. Automatically, everybody looks upwards, seeing the elevator hovering over their heads.

"I thought that elevator doors opening and people falling into an empty shaft only happened in movies." Stella mutters. "I told Lindsay not to drink so damn much coffee, it couldn't be good for her."

end

Series this work belongs to: