Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 18 of humorous Deathfic
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
381
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
1,670

humorous deathfic: Killed by a cat

Summary:

Fandom: CSI:NY
Genre: Gen
Rating: FRC
Warning: DEATHFIC
Series/Sequel: Part of my humorous deathfic series
Synopsis: Can somebody really die from a cute, harmless 'itty-witty-bitty' kitty?
AN: No animals were harmed in the course of this story.
Submitted through the Makebelieve_YG mailing list.

Work Text:

humorous deathfic: Killed by a cat
by Josette Grover

"Montana, look out. Those steps don't look too sturdy." Danny yells as Lindsay puts a penlight in her mouth as she starts down the steps.

"I can take care of myself, Danny." Lindsay says,

She would have made it, he thinks, if the kitten hadn't ran across her foot at that moment. Lindsay, startled, slips, her head making an ominous thudding sound as she falls down the dimly lighted stairs in the old subway tunnel.

"Danny, find that kitten." Mac orders, heading down the stairs.

"What am I supposed to do, say here kitty, kitty, kitty?" Danny says sourly, picking up a flashlight and heading the direction he thought the cat had come from. He returns about five minutes later, the flashlight in one hand and hissing kitten dangling from the other. "Ouch," he yelps as the kitten catches him across the wrist with his claws.

"You don't hold a cat like that." Sheldon says, taking the kitten from his hands. He shortly has him purring in his hands as Mac, following the stretcher carrying Lindsay, comes back up the stairs. "Did you find him?" He asks, then smirks as he sees the cat hissing at Danny from his spot in Sheldon's arms.

"What are we supposed to say in the report, Mac?"

"CSI Monroe died in the line of duty, when she accidentally fell when confronted by a suspect." Mac smirks, scratching the kitten behind the ears. "The suspect, unfortunately, got away when chased by CSI Messer."

"And the kitten?"

"Is going home with me, Danny." Sheldon says. "I've missed having a cat around the house." The kitten, who had been purring in Sheldon's arms, gives Danny one last hiss before closing his eyes.

"So what you going to name the little furball?" Danny asks, wincing as the ambulance attendants clean the scratches on his wrist.

"Think Lindsay would have minded if I name him, sorry her," Sheldon lifts the kitten's tail, earning the man a half-hearted hiss from the kitten, "Montana."

"She would have hated it." Stella snickers. "But why?"

"She hates Danny and you, but loves me and Mac." Sheldon says with a smirk.

end

Series this work belongs to: