Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
275
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
6
Hits:
897

Fear and Love

Summary:

I wrote this for a challenge on 60 Second Fanfic.
Hope you like it. The challenge was "When were you most afraid?"
Submitted through the SenseXangstRevisited mailing list.

Work Text:

Fear and Love
By Lyn

"You're shivering. You're not frightened, are you?"

The denial came too fast. "No." An obfuscation. "Anticipation of what's to come."

"You're afraid." There was certainty in the tone. "Of me? Or of this?"

"Not of you. Never of you. Just... I've never -"

"What made you afraid?"

"I don't understand."

A hand touched his neck, massaging gently and he fought not to flinch. "Tell me. When were you most afraid?"

He hesitated a moment, allowing himself to get lost in the soothing sensation then spoke, the words barely a whisper. "I was around ten. A friend of my mother's." He gave a small snort of derision. "Some friend. He touched me... then he made me get on the bed... all fours."

"Like this?"

"Yeah. It was dark. I couldn't see him, just feel him, hear him."

"I'm sorry. You should have said something."

"I didn't want to." He forced his words to sound sure. "I want this. Want you."

There was the gentle pressure of lips against his back then the hand moved to his shoulder, urging him over. He resisted, fearing losing what he wanted most. "No, I'll be okay. Just give me a minute."

"Roll onto your back." No argument allowed. "Close your eyes for a minute."

He did as he was told, disappointed in himself.

"Now open them."

A soft glow bathed the room from the small bedside lamp and he looked up into warm blue eyes, dark with desire, soft with love. A big hand cupped his cheek, stroking gently and Jim smiled down at him. "No one here but us. Nothing to be afraid of."

END