Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2006-05-07
Words:
668
Chapters:
2/2
Kudos:
9
Hits:
1,277

First Do No Harm

Summary:

Rating: G for this chapter
Archive: If you actually want this, just tell me where it.s going!
Feedback: It.s like blood to a vampire- I crave it and can.t live without it!
Disclaimer: I only wish they belonged to me, but they belong to the wicked step-owners that abused them then threw them away L
Submitted through the NickLovesLacroix mailing list.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Page 1

Chapter Text

First Do No Harm
by Anita

"C'mon Nick, down the hatch!" Once again Nat had to cajole the reluctant vampire into drinking the protein shake. "You do want to become human again, right? So we could be together again..." She trailed off, knowing that that would entice him to drink.

Nick smiled wanly and upended the clear plastic container, barely allowing the thick green liquid to ooze down his throat. Not like blood. Blood is thick too but it flows like nectar into the stomach, not like this gunk that tasted like sludge from a processing plant. Blood is heavenly, not toxic waste! He found himself making comparisons in the back of his mind, anything to take his mind off the superglue-like substance in his stomach. Tightly clenching his throat muscles, he forced the concoction to stay down.

"Well, feel more human already?" She asked cheerfully, throwing him the grin that could get him to do anything. Except when he was a starving vampire who was extremely nauseous and contemplating puking on the couch, leather or not.

He nodded, thinking that if only he were human so he could die and end this torture!

"Any better than the others?" Once again, the I.m so cute routine calculated to keep her safe from his angsting.

"Definitely better! Didn't come back up." And I'm trying to keep it that way, can't you see? And I'd rather eat the stuff from the bottom of the Raven.s fridge! Nick thought, desperately trying to keep the slight smile on his face.

"Well, I gotta go, customers might just decide to walk away!" Ok, so humor wasn't her strong point. She packed up and left, ignoring the very green-looking vampire behind her.

TBC

Ok, accepting comments, praise, and plot ideas!