Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 16 of humorous Deathfic
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
727
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,647

humorous deathfic: It's the middle of a heat wave of course it's hot in here

Summary:

Fandom: CSI:NY
Genre: Gen
Rating: FRC
Warning: DEATHFIC
Series/Sequel: Part of my humorous deathfic series
Submitted through the Makebelieve_YG mailing list.

Work Text:

humorous deathfic: It's the middle of a heat wave, of course it's hot in here.
by Josette Grover

E-Mail: jgrover@tm.net or josette_g98@yahoo.com

"Then go back to Montana." A voice yells down the hall as a door slams. "Just quit your damn whining. I know it's fucking hot in here, there's a heat wave if you haven't noticed and the air conditioning went out sometime last night."

"Messer, my office. Monroe, go calm down and cool off. And shut it." Mac orders as Monroe begins opening her mouth to start whining again. "Everybody's tired of your complaining. The air conditioning won't be fixed for a couple of hours. The air conditioning usually goes out once or twice a year, get used to it."

"We don't do it this way in Montana." Lindsay mutters as she stalks away in a huff.

"Damn Twit." Danny mutters under her breath, shooting a glare at her retreating back and resisting the urge to flip her off behind her back.

"Messer, go sit in my office and calm down." Mac orders, pinching his nose. "Hasn't anybody told her to go down to the morgue if she doesn't have anything to do. It's always cooler down there."

"Yeah, Sheldon, Stella, and I all told her that. "Her exact words were 'Eww, why would I want to go hang around some dead bodies, that's disgusting'" Danny says in a imitation of Montana's habitual whine.

"She'll either get over it or get used to it." Mac shrugs, following Danny into his office. "Water?" he asks, looking at Danny as he pulls two bottled waters from the dorm fridge in the corner of the room.

"Thanks Mac," Danny says, taking one bottle, twisting off the cap and drinking half the bottle in one huge gulp. "I just got so damn tired of hearing her whining about Montana. It's too hot, winter isn't cold enough, wah, wah, wah, wah, wah." The two bottles are put down on the desk.

"Man down, man down." Somebody yells down the hall. The two men come running out of the office, finding Sheldon bending over Lindsay's body.

"She's gone, Mac."

"Okay, it's the middle of a damn heat wave." Danny asks. "Where the hell did the snowball come from." He asks. Poking at it with a gloved finger, then looking at Mac. "Mac, this isn't snow. There's a chunk of ice in here."

Mac looks at the round ball that put a sizable dent in the back of Lindsay's skull. "Okay, take it apart and find out if it's real snow or the fake stuff they use in movies."

"It's not melting, I'd have to say fake." Stella says, picking up the snowball with a grunt. "Jeez, this thing must weigh at least five pounds. I can't see anybody tossing this at her."

"Sheldon, call up the security footage, and see where this came from." Mac orders.

"No can do, Mac. The security system probably went out last night the same time the air conditioning went." Danny says sourly. "They're on the same circuit, and they went out the last few times the air conditioning went out."

"Didn't they put in a backup system?" Stella asks. "To kick in if the main power went out? They were talking about it, since there's no room in the budget to redo the entire electrical system like it really needs."

"Yeah," Danny says, closing his eyes. "Let me see if there's anything on the cameras."

Sid comes up from the morgue with a gurney and body bag, stopping to stare at the scene in front of him before shrugging and coming over to pick up the body with Sheldon's help after the scene has been processed. "At least I won't have to figure out the cause of death." He mutters, touching the spot where the skull has been fractured. "Do you need me for anything else?" He asks, turning to look Mac.

"Take her away, Sid. Let us know if you find anything unusual when you cut her open." Mac orders, turning to look back at the crime scene.

end this part

Series this work belongs to: