Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2006-05-05
Words:
5,215
Chapters:
3/3
Kudos:
28
Hits:
3,763

Charms Midnight

Summary:

In a Wizarding School in Texas two professors who are also lovers and two students from diffrent houses deal with love, life and homophobia in the school enviroment. Ezri/Viola (F/F) Lyz/Nicki (f/f)

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

Chapter Text

Chapter 1:
Monday, August 24th 1998
The Beginning

 

Ezri Rosen with her pale skin and stock of short sophisticated brown hair took her seat across from her lover at the formal welcome dinner for new staff, at the school of Witchcraft they had once attended. Settling her lanky frame Ezri smiled at her beautiful auburn haired lover Viola McClure her blue eyes sparkling as they met Viola's hazel eyes. Viola smiled back lovingly...

"Welcome to Huntsville Hogwarts! A little over two hundred years ago the Hogwarts System of educating young witches and wizards was created based on the original Hogwarts in the UK since that time many a school has been created following that model and taking that name. One hundred years ago Huntsville Hogwarts was first opened to educate the young witches and wizards of the southern states." Headmistress Annabelle Govern looked out over the faces of the new professors before looking at the more seasoned professors who sat at the other side of the long table going down the center of the dining hall. "I hope that you will find teaching here at Huntsville Hogwarts to be a rich and fulfilling experience, however should you have any problems you should feel free to seek the help of myself or the any of the Professors across from you." With that Annabelle Govern took her seat at the head table, where the heads of house and departments sat.

Headmistress Samantha MacAfee stood and took the podium, "I am Headmistress MacAfee and welcome to Huntsville Hogwarts! As a school based on the Hogwarts System you will note that we have the traditional four house system in place, each of you that attended school that worked on other systems of schooling will be sorted into houses before you begin teaching. We've found that students prefer to know the house association of their professors and this allows you to take an active role in mentoring students in your house. You may, also mentor students who wish to take a similar career role to your own or who show great ability in your area of expertise. After you have finished your meal and have taken the time to get to know the other professors you are to come up here and retrieve your welcome envelope in which you will find a map of the castle on which your classroom, office, and sleeping quarters are marked along with several points of interest such as the staffroom. That is all, you may eat."

With those last words a large rich southern style meal appeared on the table along with goblets of some wine or another. A wide grin appeared on Ezri's face as she quickly and happily dug in and Viola watched in amusement for a moment smiling happily.

Her smile didn't go unnoticed, however; Professor Victor Deride's eyes narrowed as he took in the smile on Viola's lovely face and he felt his blood boil in anger. Grinding his teeth, Deride rose from his chair and moved down the table mumbling under his breath, "Dykes." His mumbles went unheard over the scrapes and clinks of silverware and glasses and he took a new seat at the end of the table as far from the undesirables as he could.

 

The blue station wagon arrived at the long line of black Huntsville Hogwarts limos waiting on the long lonely country road and its door swung open. Lyz, a seventh year Slytherin, hesitantly stepped out of the car and sighed unhappily as the slammed the door. The latch on the trunk made an audible click as the trunk popped open to reveal a large well worn chest.

Sighing again Lyz pulled the chest from the car with a loud clunk as one end hit the road. Pulling the chest over to the closest limo, Lyz watches as several more cars pulled up and many more students climbed out and retrieved their trunks.

Lyz stood beside the limo waiting for any of her fellow Slytherins to join her for the ride to the castle and just as last year they walk passed her paying her no more attention then a bug squashed under their collective shoe. Lyz sighed again, being overly kind she wasn't accepted by the Slytherins but she always found herself hoping that they would change their minds so that someone in the school would speak to her. Being a Slytherin sucked for Lyz.

Getting into a car alone, Lyz sighed again sinking back into her seat in loneliness expected the car to pull away but it waited and the door opened again letting the sunlight in. Black shadows against the bright sunlight three girls climbed in and took seats before the last slamming the door closed.

As her eyes had adjusted to the darkness once again Lyz found that she was seated across from several Ravenclaw girls in her year. Lyz felt her mouth go dry in worry.

 

Ezri stood before her wardrobe in her new staff quarters placing her robes on to the magical hangers that the school provided. Hearing the portrait slide open she sighed looking over her shoulder at her lover who just had come into her rooms and sat on her bed. "You know we have to be careful that they don't find out that we've become lover, right?"

Professor Viola McClure sighed as her smile faded, "I know. It's a shame that we don't know if the Headmistresses are gay friendly or not."

Ezri nodded her head. "You'd think having spent years here as students we'd know..."

Viola nodded, lying back on the bed to roughly rub her face with her hands. "I know, I know but what can we do? If we come out to them we stand the chance of losing our jobs... If we don't we might never know and we'll have to live our lives in secret."

Ezri sighed, Viola had always had an almost Gryffindor dose of courage to her and Ezri really admired that but sometimes it just didn't seem the best course of action. She had trained for this job for years and really didn't want to lose it. But if it came down to choosing between Viola and this job, she would always choose Viola.

Ezri smiled softly at her lover and looked to the clock, "I know you're right but let's not start any trouble-it finds us well enough without us starting it." Viola laughed and Ezri looked to the clock again, "We really must be going the sorting will begin in a few minutes and I don't us to miss our first sorting as professors."

Viola rose from the bed with a grinning and with a bow said, "well, then we mustn't be late" while directing Ezri to the door with an upward facing palm, "after you my lady."

Ezri laughed and lead the way to the great hall for the sorting ceremony.

 

Nicki sighed as she sank back into her seat in the long black limo and looked over the Slytherin girl they had decided to share a car with. She had seen the Slytherin girl around, oddly enough always without other Slytherins, and Nicki was curious about the girl but not enough so that she would risk starting up a conversation.

Nicki watched as the girl licked her lips nervously and found a reassuringly smiling for the girl changing her mind about the risks of starting a conversation with a Slytherin, "What's your name?"

Kelly, the girl sitting in the middle and right beside Nicki, gasped and Momo, Nicki's best friend, nudged Kelly in the ribs to get her to shut up smiling first at Nicki and then at Lyz.

Lyz was just as surprised by the question as Kelly had been and stuttered a bit in shock, "Ll...Lyz."

Nicki smiled, "My name is Nicki I think we had History of Magic together our first year?"

Lyz nodded quietly, "Yeah Slytherin and Ravenclaw were together for a couple of classes our first year, we have been with Hufflepuff ever since though."

Nicki nodded, "Yeah I heard the Gryffindor's were teasing the Hufflepuffs too much..."

"Yeah the Gryffindors can be a bit rude to people they view as being very un-Gryffindor..." Lyz shrugged. "But then each house has a tendency to treat the other houses as other..."

Nicki nodded in total agreement and Momo smiled brightly her eyes twinkling as she watched the interaction between her friend and the Slytherin girl.