Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,005
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
5
Hits:
887

Big Foot

Summary:

This is a snippet to a story that I am working on that is a Sentinel/Due South story. Hope that you like it. It will stand on it own. I am dragging in Northern Exposer just to make my life complete.
Forward. Jim and Blair have met Benton and Ray at a cop convention in Chicago. Blair is convinced that Ben is a Sentinel, And that Ray and His wolf is his guide. (makes a bit of sense. Right?)
Anyway. this is not that story.
Submitted through the RarePairsInFanFic/ mailing list.

Work Text:

Big Foot
by Bluesky

This takes place In Ciscally, Alaska. Blair is searching for a rumored Sentinel. His Name is Adam. He can taste things that most can't, smell things. He can't wear shoes, his skin is too sensitive, or use soap, or be around people too much. He is regarded as being paranoid delusional, and a pathological need to confuse and lie about any thing. He has been living in the wild, and rummers about his powers and heightened sense have been uncovered By Blair, Reading a Medical Journal an article By a DR J. Flishman. It was on heightened Taste Touch Smell and Mental Illness.

"The subject would at times profess to feats or ability, most that logically could not be true. But Some evidence to back up many of his claims. I have had first hand watch him identify all 22 spices in a soup stock, and label a smoked fish as bad with a toxin that has no smell or taste."

"Subject would at times go into Rages. Talking seemed to Infuriate him at times. This would come and go."

"Subject has claimed to be watching over the town, and is protective of new comers entering. Will go to extreme actions to keep what he felt were dangers elements out."

"Subject has an overwhelming protective nature of his spouse,( one of the most annoying persons that I have ever met). Who shared his delusional in many ways. All that I can say is that this is a combination of a madness of two, and something that This DR is unable to chart, or identify. Good luck to any one that try's."

 

Blair Jim and Benny and Ray are heading on a "Fishing Trip" This is two fold. To help Benny de-stress, Jim De stress, and to find clues about this "Wild Man" Or as the Locals Know him Big Foot.

The Brick. Lunchtime.

Jim, Blair, Ben and Ray and Definbaker are sitting at a both.

"Oh Great. Bet that you feal right at home Benny. Moose burgers! Not a McDonalds in sight." Glaring at Ben at though this was his fault."

"It is not that bad, right Jim? The menu pretty good.. It even has veggie burgers."

Jim leaned back. He was more relaxed than he had been in weeks. "The pasta sauce smells good. Has moose meat in it, though. Think that I might try that."

Ben smiled. "Moose meat is rather healthy. It has no steroids, or chemicals, and has a lower fat content than most beef. I am sure that you would like it Ray, if you give it half a chance."

The banter was stopped by the appearance of one of the most beautiful women that any of them have ever seen. Blond, perky, and sweet, uncompleted, and earthy she smiled at the four men in a way that made each of them forget for a few second that there partners were at the same table with them.

she smiled at them." Welcome to the Brick." "What can I get you dudes?" Definbaker wined, a sucker as always for a blond. "I am Shelly, your waitress for the day."

Ben was the first to recover. "what are your specials? And can I have a pound of Moose meat raw for my wolf Definbaker?"

This request left her unfrazzeled. "Sure thing."

Lunch passed, Far more pleasantly than Ray expected, and even better than Blair hoped. The Sentinel rivalry between Ben and Jim seemed to be limited to sports and at the moment Darts.

Blair used this time to chat up the locals.

"Chris, hay your that radio guy! Wow! I love your dialogs. Music is a little dusty, but you can't go wrong with Jazz. Liked what you read about Jung, and comparing OZ with the collective mind.".

"Well, Thank!" He took a deep sip of his beer. "I like to feel that there is more to life, than what is on the surface. Life is full of mystery's, and secrets. Wonder is were we walk, if we but look for it."

"Speaking of mystery's, have you ever heard of Adam?"

A wary look crossover Chris face. "You know, I have to head back to the station. Was nice to meet you. Hope that you enjoy your stay, and good luck fishing!" And he was gone.

Blair had the same luck with each person that he approached about Adam. Definitely someone was hiding something. Or protecting Him.

"Help me out Jim" Blair whispered.

Jim finished his dart toss. So far he and the Mountie were about even with each other. The Mountie tosses were effortless, from long experience. Jim's were studied, and controlled. The last dart missed being a bulleye. Well, he could blame that one on Blair.

"About time that we wrapped this game up." Some of the Locals were watching the two going at it spell bound.

Just at that moment a young man with dark hair and blue eyes, came in. He was wearing a shamans dress and Motorcycle jacket, and if purity were a a contest, he could give the Mountie a run for the Gold.

Diefenbaker was all over him in a instant. "Hi wolf. Are you Real?" His voice was calm. "Or are you a vision quest?"

Blair steped up to the young man. "We are on a Quest. Are you the Guid?"

"I am a Shamman in training. I have been having the dreaming. The elders think that I am being called. You are a Shamman too." His glance took in the rest of the party. "I am Ed." All of this was said with calm acptance, and a child like inocence and awarness. " I understand that you are looking for a Guide."

The four men looked back and forth at each outher.

Ed contunuied. " I can be your Guide. I know the Best fishing spots for 50 miles."

A shamman and a Guide. Well it was a start.

 

TBC