Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
651
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
8
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,060

Touched

Summary:

Pairing: Spike/Xander
Rating: FRC
Summary: Spike finds a yummy in the fridge.
Disclaimer: Not mine and never will be. The yummy men belong to Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy.
A/N1: This story is a response to the MoodRings-132Celebrations of Spander on LiveJournal. It is organised by Brynhild and many authors have already written or claimed one of the 132 Moods available. I chose the mood "touched". If you're interested in joining the challenge, follow this linkfor more information
A/N 2: This is a friendship fic (at least the two men think so), set in season 5 and there is no Anya around.
Betaed by Spiked_by_james! She's the best!
Submitted through the Makebelieve_YG mailing list.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Touched
by spikewil

***Xander's apartment - 4 p.m.***

Spike stared at the items in the Xander's fridge and felt touched, finally understanding the meaning of the note Xander had left on his apartment's door: Spike, you're welcome. Make yourself at home. Spike reached out for the package but hesitated, afraid it was an illusion. He tried again and grinned stupidly when his hand collided with the cold substance.

The happy vampire closed the fridge and walked towards the microwave, made a cut and placed his yummy package in it. He activated the microwave and impatiently waited for the beep.

During the waiting, Spike thought back. Xander had invited him the previous night during patrol, allegedly to watch Passions. Instead, the vampire had found a surprising note welcoming him into an empty apartment. He had taken the opportunity to snoop around a little but found out more than he had bargained for. It looked like the young man was planning to share his apartment with someone else. The spare bedroom had been decorated in red and black, including the sheets on the bed. In the bathroom, a black toothbrush in a blood red cup and a brand-new tube of toothpaste awaited its new owner, Spike realized with a shock.

The microwave beeped and startled Spike out of his thoughts. He carefully took the bag of human blood out and opened the cupboard in search for a mug. His gaze stopped at the sight of a black mug decorated with white fangs and red blood dripping from them.

"That one must be mine," Spike mumbled to himself as he grabbed the cup and poured in the warm blood.

"Yes, that one is yours," Xander replied, standing in the doorway from where he had been watching the vampire moving around the kitchen.

"Eep!" Spike squealed in surprise to Xander's reply. "What are you doing home so early, pet?"

"Got a few hours off," Xander answered cheekily. "Drink up! I heard it doesn't taste good if it's cold."

Spike frowned. How did Xander know that? He shrugged and followed Xander to the living room and sat down next to him.

Silence.

The vampire sniffed his blood and was surprised to smell not only the spicy sent of the substance in his mug but also a waft of pheromones coming from the young man sitting next to him. Intrigued, the vampire focused his eyes lower until they rested on the visible hard bulge in Xander's jeans.

"Xander?" Spike questioned huskily and was shocked when Xander took his mug from his hands. He was even more stunned, possibly thrilled when the young man took his face between his hands and leaned forward, just about to...

"Spike?"

"Spike, are you okay? Your blood is getting cold!"

"SPIKE!"

Spike blinked and felt reality rushing back. As he turned to get his bearings, he saw Xander standing in the doorway, staring worriedly at him. He looked down at the novelty mug in his hand and blinked again. The mug still held his blood but it was cold now. "I'm fine, Xan. Thanks for the blood!" he answered softly. "I'm touched that you care that much."

"Of course I care. You need to be strong and well rested to be on top fighting form. Who else is going to save me from all those demons?" Xander joked and turned towards the living room.

"That reminds me, pet. I need to invite the Nibblit to check out my new room. She's going to love the colors!", Spike added in order to show his agreement to the deal. Sharing the apartment with a friendly Xander was going to be...interesting. "I must need this blood more than I thought I would," Spike muttered to himself before he joined the young man who had invited him into his home and hopefully his life.

end

There could be a sequel, but not sure what yet.

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author spikewil.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.