Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
998
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
2
Hits:
1,035

The Walk

Summary:

Fandom: Reign of Fire
Pairing: Creedy/Quinn
Rating: PG13
Sequel: nope
Spoilers: movie
Summary: Creedy and Quinn walk home.
Warnings: pure shmoop
Notes: I'm in denial about the entire ending so expect all fics to be AU.
More Notes: For Weezy, who reminded me how much I love this movie and how damn slashy it is.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

The Walk
by nancy

It was chilly as Alex and Quinn headed back to the castle. Spring was a relative term, as it could snow up until the weather truly shifted. Then it simply rained for days on end and the humidity rose until even straight hair grew curly. Rubbing at tired eyes as they walked, Quinn wondered if there would ever be a day he didn't feel tired. He'd thought, once the dragons were taken care of, things would go normal and he could relax. Not so. His life had grown ever more hectic, what with first rebuilding upon his return, and then expanding as planting season came upon them.

"Think we'll get the second story rebuilt before the rain comes?" Alex questioned, looking up at the sky.

Quinn didn't need to look at the clear sky before shaking his head. "Not a chance."

"Think about it a second, why don't you?"

He snorted and nudged her with his hip. She shoved him back, hard enough to send him stumbling, then laughed and ran for it. Catching his balance, Quinn just chuckled and let her go. Running reminded him too much of other times. Bad times.

"Hey!"

Looking up at the shout, Quinn smiled broadly and picked up the pace. He was down the hill in short order, meeting up with Creedy and scolding, "You shouldn't be out and about this far."

Creedy's eyes rolled and he replied, "I'm not a cripple. Oh wait, I am."

Quinn snorted. "You're as much a cripple as I am, despite the crutches."

They started walking back towards the castle. The silence was companionable. They'd spent too many years together to be anything but completely comfortable with one another. The extra noise the crutches made were something Quinn almost took for granted. Almost. He remembered the times without as though it were yesterday, not six months back. He wished Creedy had full use of his leg, but it was far, far better than no Creedy at all.

Quinn suppressed a shudder at the thought.

"Jared sent a letter," Creedy announced.

Surprised, Quinn prompted, "And?"

"The new settlement's doing well," he reported. "He's got a girlfriend."

Quinn stopped short, gaping at Creedy. "He what?"

Laughing softly, Creedy stated, "Deal with it. After all the lad's been through, a little pre-marital sex isn't going to kill him."

"He's just a boy," Quinn grumbled.

Creedy put his crutch between Quinn's legs, tweaking it against Quinn's crotch as he retorted, "As I recall, you were using that a fair bit earlier than at almost sixteen."

Hopping out of the way, flushing a bit, Quinn muttered, "Not like you didn't enjoy it."

"Not the point," Creedy replied tartly.

Quinn sighed. "You're a pain in the arse, you know that?"

"Not as often as I'd like to be."

Quinn inhaled so quickly he choked on his own tongue. "Creedy!"

Creedy grinned, unrepentant, and started walking again.

A moment later, so did Quinn.

Hesitant, Quinn asked, "Was that your subtle way of saying that you want to, ah, get back to business?"

Creedy looked at him sideways, observing, "You're such a poet, Quinn."

"I just mean..."

"I know what you mean."

"So?"

Creedy looked at him a long moment and reached out to cup Quinn's face as he said, "I'd like, for one, to share your bed again. I'm not going to break if you roll on top of my or kick me, as you tend to do."

"You're still recovering," Quinn protested.

Shaking his head, Creedy said quietly, "I'm as healed as I'm going to be, Quinn. We both know it. There's no sense in hoping otherwise."

It just about killed Quinn that Creedy was right. Looking out over the horizon to the fields that had been planted, just now really starting to grow, Quinn sighed.

"Do you not love me anymore?"

The tense question jerked Quinn's head back to Creedy. Horrified that the other man could even contemplate such a thing, he exclaimed, "Of course I do! Jesus, Creedy, what put that thought in your head?"

Creedy made a vague gesture as he replied, "You spend most of your time with Alex now. You and she do everything that you and I used to do. And you can barely look at me. You sure haven't touched me since you got back. What else am I to think?"

Biting his lip, Quinn thought back to the time when he'd first returned. When a simple touch, seemingly anywhere, hurt Creedy enough to cause the other man to cry out with pain. He sighed, looking into Creedy's pained gaze. "I'm not sure...how I can touch you? I don't want to hurt you."

"Ah, Quinn," Creedy sighed. "You're such an idiot."

Quinn jerked back, shocked and hurt, but Creedy grabbed him before he could physically retreat. The crutches dropped to the side as he hauled Quinn close and kissed him. Stunned, it took a few seconds to respond. All his pent up fears and frustrations seemed to burst free at once and he moaned as he plundered Creedy's mouth, devouring it hungrily. Creedy gasped in surprise as Quinn held him tight, opening his mouth to the onslaught.

By the time Quinn finally pulled back, both were breathing hard and the sun was about to set. He felt alive, truly alive, as he stared into Creedy's pale blue eyes and said roughly, "You sleep with me from here on out, end of story."

A slow smile spread over Creedy's face as he settled against Quinn, lips pressed to Quinn's throat. "I love you too, Quinn."

Quinn held him tight for a few more minutes, relishing the lean frame in his arms. Pulling back again, he let Creedy go and scooped up the crutches, holding them out to the other man. Creedy took them and they started up the last part of the walk to the castle. Quinn stayed close, keeping a hand on Creedy's lower back as they went home.

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Nancy.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.