Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
354
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
4
Hits:
800

Loss

Summary:

Rating: PG (I think)
Disclaimer: All the characters you recognise belong to Joss Whedon, Twentieth Century Fox, Mutant Enemy, Greenwolf Corp, WB, Kuzui, Sandollar and anyone else who has rights to BtVS and/or Angel The Series. This is an piece of copyrighted fan fiction. All trademarks and copyrights acknowledged. No copyright infringement intended, inferred or implied.
Feedback: Please! It keeps the fics coming.
Couple: None really a bit of C/D
Spoiler: Heros
Authour's Notes: Just a bit of angst that I wrote at 1 AM...
Summary: Cordelia grieves in her own way...
Submitted through the All-About-Cordy mailing list. This list can no longer approve new members posts, please join us at AllAboutCordy

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Loss
by PrincessCC

Tears streamed down her cheeks as Cordelia looked down at the picture in her hands. She trailed her fingers along the glass, tears falling onto the frame. She leaned up against the doorway to Angel's office, glad that he was sleeping downstairs. She stared into the deep blue eyes of the man in the picture. The image blurred as more tears filled her eyes.

"Why did you have to die? Why did you leave me?"

Her voice grew louder with each word, a mix of anger and pain filling her voice. She didn't even notice when Angel stepped quietly out of the elevator and stood across the room, silently watching her. He knew she needed to do this. She'd been silent for over a week after Doyle had died.

Cordelia continued to yell angrily, seeming to speak directly at the picture.

"I'm all alone, Doyle! Why did you have to be a hero? I need you! I loved you! I don't anymore! I hate you, Doyle!"

She threw the picture against the wall, the glass shattering into tiny pieces. She choked out a sob and slid to the ground, pulling her knees up to her chest.

Angel rushed to her side, kneeling beside her and pulling her into his strong arms.

Cordelia struggled to move away from him, pounding her fists against his chest.

"Let me go! Get away from me!"

Angel tightened his grip around her.

"Cordelia! Stop it!"

She continued to pound her fists against him, screaming Doyle's name repeatedly.

Angel grabbed her wrists with one hand, still holding her tightly with the other arm.

"He dead, Cordy! Doyle's gone! You have to stop this! It won't bring him back!"

Cordelia suddenly stopped moving and fell against his chest, crying softly.

"It's so hard, Angel....I miss him so much...I don't hate him...I don't..."

Angel fought back tears as he stroked her hair softly.

"I know you don't, Cordy...shh...it'll be ok...we'll get through this. I promise..."

Angel let his tears fall as they held each other, finally realizing their loss.

What'd you guys think?

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Princess CC.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.