Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2006-08-17
Words:
24,752
Chapters:
14/14
Kudos:
19
Hits:
5,172

Fate Family & Fear

Summary:

Someone is stalking a member of the Adventure Inc team. The question is what are they after. Throw in an unexpected family visit and you have the makings of a new adventure for our crew.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Page 1

Notes:

Okay, I'm including the standard disclaimers and explanations. Haven't thought of a title yet. Suggestions appreciated. Premise: Someone is stalking a member of the Adventure Inc team. The question is what are they after. Throw in an unexpected family visit and you have the makings of a new adventure for our crew.
Characters: Judson Cross, Mackenzie Previn, Gabriel Patterson, Katherine Paterson, Michael Patterson, Tony Anderson(original), Lt. KC Costa
Disclaimer: They're not mine, I'm just borrowing them for a little fun. There is no profit to be made. Judson Cross, Mackenzie Previn, Gabriel Patterson and KC Costa belong to Tribune Entertainment Company and Gale Ann Hurd, Jay Firestone, and Adam Haight.
Warnings: One part of this seems like a part of the episode The Fate of the Liverpool Flyer but I swear it is not a take off. I have had the idea floating in my head for about two weeks before I saw the preview for that episode. Besides, mine happens to a different character!

Chapter Text

Fate, Family & Fear
by mwpooh30


Our terrific trio is out and about in sunny Beau Harbor, North Carolina. It is a brief period of down time while they recover from their last adventure and wait for the next opportunity to arise. As Judson, Mac, and Gabe stroll along the local boardwalk, we see them pause and look in windows and on display carts. We see other locals stop them and overhear brief snippets of conversations. Judson pauses as one of the local officials engages him in conversation, Mac and Gabe continue on and we overhear them playfully arguing over whose turn it is to buy beer. The camera pans back and we see a mysterious young woman watching them all intently. We see just as Judson begins to approach that a car suddenly accelerates and heads toward them. Mac looks up in the middle of a laugh and notices. She quickly yells and all three react and dive out of harms way. Judson and Mac jump up just as the car corrects and takes off down the street. Both start to take off after the car but something causes them to hesitate.

As if the same thought suddenly enters their heads at the same time, they turn and look at one another and exclaim "GABE!" They turn to where he is still laying on the ground. Blood is oozing from his head. Both rush to their young friend.

Sirens are heard and a police car pulls up just as they reach Gabe's side and check him over. LT. Costa emerges from the car with a regular officer. "What's happened Judson?" Costa asks as he approaches.

"Call an ambulance Lieutenant!" Cross yells.

The accompanying officer quickly uses his radio and alerts the dispatch. During this, Millie the owner of one of the restaurants on the boardwalk runs to the group with some towels.

Mackenzie takes one from her and presses it against Gabe's head. "Thanks Millie!"

Judson leans in and gives him a gentle shake while saying his name. "Gabe………Gabe………Gabe"

"The ambulance is on its way." The Beau Harbor Police Officer announces.

"Can some one please tell me what happened? Previn, what's he done now?" Lieutenant KC Costa asks.

Judson reacts "What do you mean what have I done now?"

While at the same time Mac looks up at the LT and smiles as she says, "We were just checking out the town. We aren't involved in anything. Gabe and I were walking down the sidewalk and Judson was joining us. I heard something and looked up just as this car came right at us. I warned the others and we dove out of the way. Judson and I jumped up to rush after the car but that's when we realized Gabe wasn't with us. We hurried to him once we noticed he was still on the ground and not moving. That's when you showed up."

Gabe begins to stir and both Mac and Judson try to keep him calm. A few moments later the ambulance arrives. After a quick assessment, Gabe is prepared for transport. Judson follows Gabe and the paramedics to the ambulance. Once Gabe is loaded, one of the paramedics turns to address Judson, Mac and Costa. "We've got room if one of you would like to ride with him?"

"Judson, you go with him." Mac responds quickly, "I'll stay here with the Lieutenant and wrap up the reports and meet you at the hospital."

A few hours later Gabe has been checked out at the Beau Harbor hospital. He'll recover. Although he was unconscious for several minutes, there is no indication of a concussion. All he'll have to show from his collision with the boardwalk bench is a couple of stitches. The entire trip back to the Vast Explorer Mac and Judson tease him about watching where he dives. The joking and laughter dies away as they return to the boat. They are shocked to discover that someone has gone through all their stuff. All their clothes are scattered around while most of the furniture is turned over. The most disturbing sight is the state of the beds. All the pillows and sheets on the beds have been slashed. The lab and equipment rooms are the only areas untouched.


TBC