Adult Content Warning

This work could have adult content. If you continue, you have agreed that you are willing to see such content.

If you accept cookies from our site and you choose "Yes, Continue", you will not be asked again during this session (that is, until you close your browser). If you log in you can store your preference and never be asked again.

  1. Tags
    Summary

    Fandom: The Krays
    Pairing: Ronnie Kray/Steven Naylor
    Status: Complete
    Sequel/Series: The Krays
    Archive: List archives. Otherwise, ask.
    Disclaimer: The Krays were real life gangsters, so no one owns them. This story is, however, based on the movie versions. I derive no profit from this.
    Summary: Ronnie Kray will never overcome his incestuous yearnings for his twin, Reggie, but he does form a relationship with a younger lover, Steve.
    Warnings: Intimations of male prostitution.
    Notes: In this story, Reggie has not long moved out of the family house, and Ron is still living at home. In the movie the Krays were played by real life twins, the Kemps, of Spandau Ballet fame. It was the first big screen role for each, and they did a fantastic job. The Krays were real. The were twins who dominated the London underworld in the 1950s and early 1960s. Convicted of murder and rackiteering, one died in prison, and the other died shortly after his release in the late 90s. The Henry Higgins and Liza Dolittle reference is to 'My Fair Lady', of course.
    Terms: bog--bathroom (toilet), telly--television, doss--sleeping place, usually considered very rough, pouf--homosexual, barrister--type of British lawyer (I THINK they handle criminal as opposed to civil law), chips--British french fries (potato chips are called crisps), Brilliat Savarin--(probably misspelled)one of the ultimate sources on French cooking, world class gourmet from a century or two ago. trifle--dessert made with layers of soft custard and lady fingers (or some form of sponge or pound cake), usually with added fruit and sherry or liqueur, possibly candied fruits and ginger, and whipped cream. tuck--food, or meal. pants--the British use this term for underwear rather than for trousers.
    Submitted through the Makebelieve_YG mailing list.

    Language:
    English
    Words:
    8,223
    Chapters:
    1/1
    Collections:
    1
    Kudos:
    13
    Hits:
    1,185