Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
827
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
5
Hits:
1,082

No Peace For the Peacekeeper

Summary:

Summary: Aeryn & John trying to get along, pre-HR
Disclaimer:can I have em please? they belong to:Jim Henson,SciFi Channel and Nine Network Australia
Archive:tell me where you take it okay?

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

No Peace For the Peacekeeper
by Aeryn

John walked around the ship,mumbling to himself like normal. He didn't know that Aeryn was coming up behind him, and she took pride in that.

"Booo!", Aeryn yelled when she was right behind him.

"Aaah!",John swings around to face Aeryn,"What was that for?!"

"What was what for?" she says as she ducks laughing.

I've never heard her laugh before, John thinks. "Aeryn, are you okay?"

"I'm fine.",she says between laughs,"Why?"

"I've never heard you so......happy."he says, totally confused.

"What, I can't be in a good mood?"Aeryn says in a huff.

"You can..I just thought you never would." Until hell froze over, he thinks, it must be getting really cold down there.

"Fine! You want me to act Like a Peacekeeper ALL the time?"

"No! No! I didn't say that! Just, don't scare me like that again, okay?"

"And why not?" This human is weaker than I thought, he can't even get scared. Then again he's alright in other ways.

"Because..."

"Because why?" Oh no, she's got that 'I'm goning to rip your head off' look again.

"Just because!" he said hoping she'd leave it at that. Yeah right, not with Aeryn, she couldn't drop anything.

"Because you're too weak to get scared?"

"No because I'd have to turn around and see your ugly face." With that he runs down the corridor laughing.

"My ugly face?!" she yells after him. My ugly face, humans look enough like my people that HE could be the ugly one. "Get back here right now!"

John knew he couldn't out run Aeryn, so he ducked around a corner into the shadows and listened to her get closer. He sticks his foo t out right when she comes around the corner. Got you, he thinks to himself. He watches as Aeryn slides across the floor on her stomach.

"And she's saaaaaafe!" He looks at her confused expression as she gets up.

"What are you talking about now?"

"It's something we have on Earth, don't worry about it. Let's just say two more strikes and yer out." Great, she's got that look again.

"Why you-" she lunges at John,barely missing him. Look, that cowardly human feel over. John gets up and runs, a few feet. He mistimes the turn and runs right into a wall and falls over.

"Maybe you should chase me next time."Aeryn says as she laughs at him. She walks over to him concerned. "Are you alright?"

"Mommy, but I don't wann go to school today,,,"He mumbles as she shakes him.

"John, are you alright?" She asks as he stands up.

"Yeah I'm alright. I'll chase you next time, that way you can run into the wall."

"The floor was enough for me." She says as she hops on one foot.

"Do you need any help?"

"No!"she hisses at him.

"Ah, quit being stuborn!" He laughs as he slings her over his shoulder.

"What the-? Put me down!" She yells as she starts hitting him. He takes the punches and replies with several no's. He carries her all the way to Command.

"Great, let the whole crew see me being carried. And by a human!" She tries to hit his head. "Put me down!", she screams as she grabs onto his kneck.

"No." he says, trying to breath.

"Do you really want to get strangled?"

"Sure, but I'm not putting you down!" he says still struggling for air.

"I'll let go if you put me down!"

"Gaaaaah! Never!" he gets out as she grips harder.

"NOW!"

"Gah! Ouch! Okay okay!" he chokes out as he drops her on the floor.

"I said put me down, not drop me! she yells at him as she kicks his leg. With a yell of surprise, he lands on top of her.

 

"Get off of me!"

"You kicked me! Don't scream at me!" he yell as he rolls off of her. He watches as she gets up.

"You didn't have to fall on me."

"I didn't choose to fall on you, I just did."

"Sure." she mumbles as she limps away from him.

"You're too uptight." he says as he gets up.

"Prove it." she says as she limps back over to him.

"Alright." he says as he slings her over his shoulder again.

"What are you doing?"

"I was helping you because you where limping."

"I wasn't limping, I said I was fine."

"Sure you where."

"I wasn't limping. Peacekeepers don't show pain."He rolls his eyes at her comment.

"Don't you mean ' former '?" he listens to her growl at that.

"Must you rub that in?"

"Hey you're the one who demands that we note you as a ' former' Peacekeeper.'

"Fine you drop the whole Peacekeeper thing, and I'll TRY to."

"Deal." he says as he carries her to her room, without further protests from her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ E N D~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aeryn, craving feedback for this

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Aeryn.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.