Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
687
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
4
Kudos:
8
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
1,312

Breaking the Rules

Summary:

Pairing: Gibbs/DiNozzo
Rating: PG – pre-slash
Disclaimer: I will give the boys back after I have played with them.
Author's Notes: A bit of lighter writing after finishing Victimised.
Full of waffle and rubbish but that is me!!!
Submitted through the NavyNCISslash2 mailing list.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Breaking the Rules
by Shelgrainger1

"Do you wanna tell me what the hell today was about, Boss?" Tony asked calmly as he walked down the steps to the basement.

"Do you want to me tell me what the hell you are doing here DiNozzo?" Gibbs snapped as he lay the planer down.

Tony stood, hands shoved in his jeans' pockets. He swallowed hard. "I need to know why you have been yelling at me Boss", he stated quietly. That little voice had been right, this was a bad idea.

"I don't have to tell you jackshit DiNozzo. Now get out of my house".

"What have I done that has made you hate me so much", Tony cleared his throat and cursed the fact that had come out of his mouth so whiny and needy.

Gibbs stopped. He lowered his head. "I don't hate you DiNozzo. There are rules for a reason".

Confusion etched Tony's face. "You have lost me now Boss. What rules have I broken?"

Gibbs turned to look at Tony. His body was already responding to the presence of Tony. He needed to put some space between them and fast.

"Rule 12 DiNozzo, rule 12?" Gibbs answered as he pushed past Tony.

He moved to the living room and poured himself a stiff drink. Downing it in one, he turned to see Tony in the doorway.

"Boss? I have no idea what you are on about".

"Rule 12 DiNozzo - no dating co-workers".

"I know what the rule means but who do you..........Ziva?" Tony raised his eyebrows and laughed. "You think me and Ziva are dating", Tony could help the laughter.

Gibbs narrowed his eyes and stalked towards Tony. "You think it is funny to disobey my rules?"

Tony calmed himself and grinned at Gibbs. "No Boss but I think it is funny you think me and Ziva are together. She is the last woman on earth I would want to sleep with. Well there may be a few others worse but not many".

"I promise you Boss I am not sleeping with Ziva".

"Then I owe you an apology. I thought you and her were seeing each other." Gibbs turned away to get another drink. He heard Tony walk up behind him and take the glass from his hand.

Gibbs looked at Tony. "Are you upset that I was dating a co-worker or that the co-worker was not who I should be dating Boss" Tony asked, his voice soft and playful. Gibbs closed his eyes. He knew why DiNozzo had so many dates, his voice could melt the coldest of hearts.

Tony reached up and cupped Gibbs' cheek. Gibbs turning into the caress before he knew what he was doing. Tony moved closer. "You are the Boss, you make the rules and you are allowed to break them", he whispered close to Gibbs' ear. The shudder he felt was all he needed to know that it was jealousy not rule breaking that caused Gibbs' anger.

Gibbs sighed and opened his eyes. "Be very sure this is what you what Tony because I have three failed marriages and a host of failed relationships and I do not plan on having any more. This will be for forever if we take this step. Do you understand me? Be very, very sure".

Tony smiled and looked into Gibbs' eyes. "I am sure Boss", he whispered as he lent forward and placed a soft kiss on Gibbs' lips. "You are all I want and all I need".

Gibbs pulled away. "Go home Tony. I want you to be completely sure and right now I am struggling not to jump on your bones and drag you to bed", Gibbs said softly.

"OK Boss. I am going. I love you Jethro", Tony said as he turned to leave.

"I love you too Tony. God help me but I do". Gibbs smiled and finished his drink. Gibbs was startled by the ringing of his cell.

"Gibbs".

"Did he go for it?"

"Yeah he did. Thanks Ziva I owe you one".

"You are welcome Gibbs." The call ended and Gibbs smiled.

end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author shelgrainger.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.