Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
2,261
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
12
Hits:
1,627

Tease

Summary:

Things on the night shift can get a little tedious sometimes...what's a boy to do to spice up the night
Notes: This fic was written in response to PEJA's `first line challenge' ([Insert name] wasn't thinking about sex when...)

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Title: Tease

Pairing: Greg/Nick, established relationship

Category: A little humor, along with a little romance

Summary: Things on the night shift can get a little tedious sometimes...what's a boy to do to spice up the night

Author: Jacki (kbfan)

Feedback: always much appreciated (kbfan@msn.com)

Archive: WWOMB, Deep End, others please let me know first, thanks

Disclaimer: I don't own anyone, except maybe my cat, but that's questionable too. I don't have any money now and I'm not making anything off this either. All rights to these characters belong to the creators and producers of CSI

Rating: PG-13

Notes: This fic was written in response to PEJA's `first line challenge' ([Insert name] wasn't thinking about sex when...) Thanks for the challenge, it helped get the story rolling :)

I need to thank the muses for being there and Ana for the beta and the encouragement.

 

Tease
by Jacki

Nick wasn't thinking about sex when Greg walked in the room waving a piece of paper that must be the DNA results on his case. He looked up at the lab tech for a moment before turning back to the evidence he was examining under the microscope.

Nick could feel Greg's presence moving closer as he leaned over the scope and adjusted the resolution settings. Greg pressed himself lightly against Nick's body as he bent over behind him, the younger man's arm snaking out to envelope Nick's shoulder.

"So, what are we looking at?" Greg questioned, his breath tickling Nick's earlobe as he spoke.

"A glass shard we found at the scene," Nick answered, trying to maintain his professionalism as Greg skittered his fingers along the exposed flesh above the neckline of his shirt.

Abruptly, Nick stood upright, startling Greg and causing him to stumble back a few inches. Nick's mouth was set in a thin line as he looked at the lab tech.

"What are you doing?"

"Just bringing you the results of your DNA samples," Greg grinned, waving the sheet of paper. "The blood from the bottom of the vase belonged to your guy, but the other sample from the fabric swatch wasn't a match."

Nick snagged the paper from Greg's hand and peered at the data. "Female?"

"Yup," Greg answered. "Maybe you have a little `Fatal Attraction' going on here."

Nick couldn't suppress a smile. "Maybe I do. Thanks for dropping these off," Nick gestured at the page he had laid on the counter.

Imperceptibly, Greg inched closer. "Absolutely, no problem," he whispered. "Let me know if there's anything else you need," he added, allowing Nick to watch as he slowly wet his lips with the tip of his tongue, before he turned and walked confidently from the room.

"Damn it," Nick grumbled under his breath as he returned to the business at hand.

***

Three hours later, Nick returned to the lab from the scene, on his way to Grissom's office he stopped in the bathroom; he used the facilities and was just washing his hands when the door swung open and another man entered. Nick didn't even look up until he realized the other man was leaning against the sink next to him. When he did, Nick was greeted with Greg's smiling face.

"Nice to see you're washing your hands," Greg teased. "I like my men clean."

"Sanders," Nick hissed, exasperated. "Not now."

"But, Nicky," Greg smirked, wetting his fingers under the still running faucet. "We're all alone," he continued, lowering his voice, as he traced a damp path down Nick's forearm. "I could just grab you right here, right now. Drag you into one of those stalls over there," he tilted his head in the direction of the drab metal doors.

"Greg," Nick snapped. "Not now."

"Oh, I bet you wouldn't be saying that once I got you in there..." Greg winked.

A soft blush crept into Nick's cheeks and Greg grinned at the effect he was having on the other man. Impatiently, Nick turned the water off and shook Greg's fingers from his arm. He stalked over to the towel dispenser, yanking a clean cloth out with irritation.

"I need to see Grissom," Nick grouched, tossing the used paper towel into the wastebasket as he stalked out of the room.

Greg chuckled as Nick left the room. His plan was shaping up very nicely.

***

Another few hours had passed and Nick was on his way to Hodges lab to get the results of the evidence he had left with him earlier after his conference with Grissom. He could have taken the evidence to Greg, and normally he would do anything to avoid dealing with Hodges but ever since his run in with Greg in the bathroom he'd been trying to avoid the young lab tech.

Greg knew exactly what he needed to do to get to him and, Nick thought, apparently he was on some kind of quest to get Nick to react. Although loathe to admit it, even to himself, Nick had to
concede that Greg's tactics were working. Thus the course of avoidance he intended to run for the rest of their shift.

Taking a deep breath, Nick entered Hodges' lab.

"You have my results?" Nick asked, trying to mask the derision he felt for the other man. Hodges was the worst kind of brown-noser and Nick was in no mood to deal with him tonight.

"You mean Grissom's results?" Hodges replied condescendingly. "I thought he was going to come get them. I paged him."

"And he sent me," Nick answered, tempering the tone of his voice as much as possible.

"Well, I really think Grissom needs to see them," Hodges complained.

"Exactly, so you should give them to me...now. You don't want to keep him waiting, do you?"

Hodges shuffled some papers and pulled one out, offering it to Nick. "No, no, of course not," he stammered.

Nick took the proffered page and started out of the lab. Hodges voice reached him just as he was turning back into the corridor.

"Tell Grissom I'll be happy to give him a full report myself."

Nick rolled his eyes at the lab tech's transparent motivation and didn't even attempt a response. Instead, he continued down the hall examining the details of Hodges results; without thinking he followed the corridor around toward Grissom's office, not even considering the fact he would pass Greg's lab on the way.

Consequently, Nick was dismayed when he felt a hand grab his arm, stopping him where he stood.

"Are you cheating on me, Nicky?" Greg asked, keeping his hand grasped lightly on Nick's elbow.

"What?" Nick replied, wide-eyed as he turned to face Greg.

"Hodges," Greg answered innocently. "I know you took him some evidence. I saw you in his lab a few minutes ago. Is this it?"

Greg snatched the page from Nick's hand and looked at it disapprovingly.

"Greg, I need those," Nick explained, trying without success to retrieve the paper in question from the rapidly retreating lab tech. Annoyed, Nick followed him into the lab.

Shaking his head with disappointment, Greg sat the page down, planting his palm firmly on its surface. "I thought I was your favorite lab tech," Greg mused. "You know I would have given you
much more personal service..."

"Greg, I really need those," Nick implored, reaching out toward the paper that was still protected by Greg's hand.

"Do you?" Greg whispered, sliding the pages along the counter as he drew himself closer to Nick. "You know what I need?"

"Therapy? Ritalin?" Nick tried.

"You are so funny, Stokes," Greg murmured. "What I need is you," he persisted, sidling even closer to the other man.

Nick stood there, unable to move, momentarily mesmerized by Greg's voice. Greg took the opening and continued.

"I need you here..." he spoke softly as his fingers grazed his lips. "And here..." as he trailed his fingers down his torso. "And here..." he finished, gently taking one of Nick's hands in his own
and smoothing it against the curve of his ass.

The movement pulled Nick from his reverie and he snatched his hand away from Greg's. Fumbling slightly, Nick tugged the page of results from beneath Greg's palm.

"I need to go," Nick mumbled.

Greg smiled mischievously as Nick walked a little unsteadily from the room.

***

Nick was finally able to take a break and he sat in the lounge with Warrick, talking about anything that wasn't work related. He took another bite of his apple as Warrick finished his analysis of the previous night's Nevada Wolfpack/Rice Owls football game. Nick was just waiting for Warrick to finish before he added his own two cents about his alma mater's loss.

While Warrick was extolling the virtues of the Wolfpack's quarterback, Zack Threadgill, Greg walked into the room. Nick watched him furtively as the young man bought a package of Twinkies from the vending machine; he hoped, no--prayed was more like it, that Greg would retrieve his snack from the machine and return to his lab. Nick had known it was wishful thinking, and he sighed inwardly as Greg sat down at the table across from him.

"So, what are you guys talking about?" he asked with an innocent smile as he locked eyes with Nick.

"Last night's football game," Warrick answered.

"Oh, UNLV or the Nevada game?"

"The Nevada game," Nick answered quickly, yearning to be able to get up and leave the room. He knew, however, that if he did, Warrick would wonder why he seemed so eager to get back to work before his break was over.

"Didn't they play Rice last night?" Greg wondered with a little smirk.

"Sure did and Nevada won, 31-21," Warrick offered.

"Aw, poor Nicky," Greg grinned before he took a large bite of his cream-filled snack. Swallowing, Greg added, "That's where you went to school, right?"

Nick could only nod, because while Greg was sitting there eating and talking his foot had also snaked across the table to creep its way slowly from Nick's ankle and up his thigh. Inching along, Greg's foot stayed on course as he slid it up further, closing in on dangerous territory.

"That's too bad," Greg chided teasingly. He grabbed his other Twinkie and shoved the whole thing in his mouth at once. Some of the cream filling had dripped out the end and sat precariously on the edge of Greg's mouth.

Nick could feel the blush starting to steal up his neck at the sight; of course the fact that Greg's foot had now wormed its way into his lap was of no help. He tried to maintain his composure while Greg used his foot to smooth a path across his crotch; no longer able to hide it, Nick turned away from the table and took a last bite of the apple before tossing it unceremoniously into the trash basket.

"Nice shot, man," Warrick said as he stood up. "I need to get back to work. See you later, guys." And with that the tall black man walked from the lounge.

Nick waited for Warrick to turn the corner before he pushed his chair back, swiftly, from the table. Greg's foot fell with a quiet thump down to the floor.

"What are you doing?" Nick asked, trying to hide his chagrin.

"Eating my Twinkies...what did you think I was doing?" Greg asked, batting his eyelashes dramatically.

"You know, if Grissom finds out about...well, you know...we could both lose our jobs," Nick retorted, not sure if he was more angered by Greg's antics or his own reactions. He stood up and started toward the door.

Greg watched him walking away. He knew Nick's flash of anger was only temporary; still, he rose from his chair and began to follow the older man from the room, planning to apologize to Nick for his actions.

"What are you doing now?" Nick asked, turning to face the younger man.

"Hey, Nick, look...I didn't mean anything by it..." Greg began.

Nick interrupted, his anger dissolving at Greg's apparent contriteness, "Sanders, you really should keep all the filling in your mouth." Quickly, Nick wiped the errant cream from the corner of Greg's lip. He licked the sugary substance off his own finger before walking away.

***

The shift was almost over and Nick was more than ready to leave the lab behind. Purposefully he walked towards Greg's lab. When he reached the doorway, Nick stood quietly and watched for a moment as Greg puttered about cleaning up his workstation. Nick couldn't help but smile.

"Hey, you about ready to get out of this place?" Nick asked from the doorway.

"Yeah, just about just gotta get these samples stored. Archie and Jacqui asked me if I wanted to grab some breakfast."

Nick raised his eyebrow quizzically, "And..."

"Well, I told them I didn't think I had any other plans."

Nick crossed the tile floor to Greg's side. "Oh, really..." he growled with desire, placing his hand over Greg's on the stack of papers he was getting ready to file. "Well, I think you ought to tell Archie and Jacqui that something...suddenly...came...up..." Nick added, his words deliberate.

Greg sighed softly at the carnality of Nick's words. "Mmmhmmm," he murmured. "Something... came... up..."

"Exactly," Nick affirmed. "As a matter of fact, I have plans for you this morning." At those words, Nick brushed his body lightly against Greg's as he started from the lab. "My place," he said quietly before he walked out of the room.

"Your place," Greg repeated silently.

 

-END-

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author KBfan.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.