Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
358
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,336

Soliloquies

Summary:

This is told from three POV's. First Spock's, then Kirk's, then McCoy's.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Soliloquies
by Omega

Spock's POV:

I know, as a Vulcan, I should not be thinking these thoughts. But yet, I feel no shame. There is no shame in admitting the truth. Without truth, there is always chaos. I no longer remember what it was like to be alone, aloof, unwanted. Now, I am accepted. Accepted by those whom I thought would shun be because of who I am. I am also accepted by Him. I do not know why it was so important that he be my friend, but now he is more than that. He is my t'hy'la, but he will never know what that means. He would never want to be with me in the way that I desire. I must content myself by being his friend. At least, I have that much.

 

Kirk's POV:

There are times when I envy my friend's control, his lack of emotion. This is one of those times. When I first met him, he was distant, cold. He seemed ready to bolt like a startled deer, but something told me he wouldn't. Something told me that he would be my friend, my best friend. How was I to know that I would want him like this? If i tell him that, he will transfer because he can't return how I feel. I can't let that happen. He's my first officer and my friend. I've got to accept that. But *damn* it is hard.

 

McCoy's POV:

When will those two wake up and see the light of day? I'm a doctor, dammit, not a psychologist. Each time I try to tell them the truth, they brush it off. Now, I haven't come out and actually told them what they want to and are afraid to hear. They wouldn't believe me. But I've tried to tell them that they should open their eyes so they could see the obvious clues that they leave each other. I was taught to heal broken bodies. I don't know what I can do to heal broken souls. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother to try. But if I won't, who will?

The End, for now.

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Omega.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.