Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
471
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
13
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,925

I told you not to add the mugwot root too soon!

Summary:

Fandom: Harry Potter
Rating: Gen, possible Slash offlist
Pairing: NA
Synopsis: A special potions class goes horribly wrong.
AN: The bunny nibbled on my ankle with a story inspired by the recent discussion on Scribescribbles about a naked potions class and Ryan's challenge, 'is it supposed to be that color?'
AN II: This is AU HP, the events of the books after GOF didn't take place. Sirius and Dumbledore are alive and well and Moldy Voldy is gone. I'm not sure who did him in, but he's gone, gone, gone.
Submitted through the Makebelieve_YG mailing list.

Work Text:

I told you not to add the mugwot root too soon!
by Josette Grover

"Please sit down, and pay close attention. The spell we are doing is not found in your potions books because it is so dangerous. I will write the ingredients and spell on the board. You may not make a copy of the spell. Any mention of the spell outside of the class is forbidden and will find you doing detention with me for the rest of the year." Professor Snape stares at the seventh year Gryffindor/Slytherin class. "For that very reason, we have holding this class outside of your normal class hours and in a different room.. Mr. Longbottom, thanks to your abysmal potions record, you will be working with me so that nothing happens."

Professor Snape turns to the board writing the first step down.on the board before walking to the table where Neville is waiting for him. Nervously, he follows his teachers terse commands, looking at him after every step to make sure he's doing everything right.

"Professor, is it supposed to be that color?" A voice from the back of the room asks. Snape turns around to look at the bubbling cauldron just as it explodes. Smirking, he waits for the screams to start occuring when the students have opened their eyes. Ah yes, right on time. Snape smirks as Ms. Granger realizes she's naked, frantically covering herself with her hands before realizing everybody else is in the same situation.

"And that, Mr. Crabbe, is why you do not add the Mugwot root too soon." He says sourly. "Class dismissed."

"Professor Snape, you can't mean to make us walk to our rooms starkers, do you?" Neville squeaks, his voice rising as he realizes how far it is to his room.

"Yes Mr. Longbottom, that is exactly what I mean. That is why the halls have been cleared and all other students are locked in their rooms until morning. The potion has a side-effect of blocking your magic for the rest of the month, so all seventh year Gryffindor and Slytherin classes are cancelled for the next four weeks. Use the time to study for your Newts. There will be an announcement in the morning telling the rest of the school that as well as the fact that there will be another teacher covering potions until I return."

"Your magic has been blocked as well, Professor Snape?" Hermione asks, forgetting her nudity for the time being.

"Yes, Ms. Granger, my magic has been blocked as well. That is why Professor McGonagall will be taking over this class next week for the other two houses." He smirks. "Hopefully, the others will bollux it up as well and she'll enjoy a nice vacation as well."

TBC