Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
380
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
1,172

Even the dogs see it

Summary:

Notes: Takes place in a mix of Animated canon (yes I'm counting Superdog in that) and the comics.
Characters: Superman/Batman, Ace the Bat hound, Krypto
Rated: PG
Final version
Submitted through the Batman_And_Superman mailing list.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Even the dogs see it
by kijikun

"You're being unreasonable." Batman said, coolly. His fingers flew over the multiply keyboards in front of him.

Superman stood behind Batman arms crossed. "Unreasonable? You let him eat you, Bruce!"

"I had a plan." Batman sounded very sure of himself.

"A plan for what? Being digested?" Superman demanded.

Krypto, the superdog laid his head on his paws and sighed. "I almost think they like fighting."

"And you're only just figuring this out?" Ace, the Bat hound asked.

Krypto glared at him. "I was just making an observation. I can make those you know."

Ace smirked. "I know."

"But really I don't get them." Krypto yawned and stretched. "They should just mate and be done with it."

Batman was still facing the computers talking to Superman. "Besides he didn't actually eat me, as you can see."

"That doesn't change the fact you could have been killed!"

Batman shrugged. "Small loss."

Ace shook his head and walked over to Krypto. "Humans have odd mating rituals."

"Superman isn't really human." Krypto pointed out.

"He was raised by humans. They have odd ideas." Ace told him.

Krypto scratched behind his ear. "Yeah, like leashes. Those things make no sense."

"Dog doors. That's what I don't get. Why have such an easy method of entry into ones home." Ace laid down resting his head on his paws.

"They keep going at it like this and it's going to get messy." Krypto laid his head across the back of Ace's neck.

Ace yawned. "Hopeful they'll keep the noise and mess down this time. Alfred isn't as young as he used to be."

"Neither are we." Krypto sounded amused.

"Are you saying we're getting old?"

"Nope wouldn't dream of it." Krypto bit Ace's ear playfully.

Ace didn't lift his head. "Good."

Superman grabbed Bruce's shoulder and turned him around in the chair. "You might not care about your life, Bruce, but there are people that would care if you died."

"Who?" Bruce crossed his arms, frowning.

Superman made a growling noise that made both Krypto and Ace's ears perk up. A moment later Superman pinned Batman to the chair. Superman covered Batman's mouth. A few moments of struggling Batman seemed to give in and relax.

"About time." Muttered Ace.

 

end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author kijikun.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.